-- Mid-Engine Cadillac --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -- Mid-Engine Cadillac --

Fresh from the Motortrend rendering lab.

A halo supercar for the Cadillac brand has been rumored on and off for years now. As far as we know, no such car exists in Caddy's current product plans. But now that the long-awaited C8 2020 Chevrolet Corvette has been revealed, we couldn't help but wonder what a Cadillac based on those same mid-engine bones might look like. These renderings should give you a pretty good idea.
    https://www.motortrend.com/news/mid-...dillac-render/

Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-Corvette-based-Cadillac-halo-supercar-rendering-front-three-quarter.jpg?impolicy=modalgallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	50558

Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-Corvette-based-Cadillac-halo-supercar-rendering-profile.jpg?impolicy=modalgallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	50559

Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-Corvette-based-Cadillac-halo-supercar-rendering-rear-view.jpg?impolicy=modalgallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	50560
    Last edited by smoove7410; 07-24-2019, 02:15 AM.

Sweet looking car. But will they build it? And if they do, would it be before the 2023 model year?

Originally posted by MotorTrend
    As far as we know, no such car exists in Caddy's current product plans.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

While I think the rendering looks cool, I doubt that the sportscar market has a place for a ME cadillac next to the C8.
      If a ME Cadillac is more expensive, you could just go for higher C8 models

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Sweet looking car. But will they build it? And if they do, would it be before the 2023 model year?
        Agree; this thing is a looker. I would bet that they will build it, eventually.

Once the sales volume is demonstrated for the C-8, I think they will OK a Cadillac version to continue to spread the cost. The platform would be identical (as well as internal crash structures), so, new skin, interior and engine (Blackwing derivative). From a packaging perspective, if the new C8 Zxx model uses a derivative of the Blackwing, which I believe it will, this part of the equation will already be engineered by Chevy.

I think the combination of proven mid-engine sales, continued spreading of cost and Cadillac's desire for a flagship / halo vehicle will cause them to eventually go for it (if they already haven't). I remember a source claiming they already were working on one called the 'GT' that was very luxurious, but cannot recollect the specifics or if it was a legitimate source.

Comment

I hope you are right. It is a looker!
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

No LT2 powered c8 for cadillac. Probably the blackwing twin turbo engine only as spec’d by cadillac engineers after the c8 z06 releases and is sold for Id guess a year.

expect full boat luxury (ie. 4 LZ type accommodations only)

Expected sales volume to mimic audi R8 levels if the cadillac version ever arrives.

it would make most sense after cadillac is at least halfway through its product model revamp of two years...

Comment

Love the look of the rear. Not so great looking from the front.

I think a mid engine Cadillac would be the answer to the question that nobody asked. The XLR was a bust. I don't see GM repeating the same mistake with another one.

Comment

People that are going to buy a GM sports car will buy a Corvette, not a Cadillac. Hasn't GM proved this twice with the Allante and then the XLR, a more expensive version of a Corvette? Nice cars but money losers for GM.

Comment

Cadillac version would have a Grey Poupon cup holder, instead of a cup holder for a McDonalds's shake.

Seriously, I could see a Cadillac version aimed at an audience seeking to trade off some aggressive handling for a more compliant suspension and other changes.

Almost every Chevy pickup truck and SUV has a GMC near twin. Why not Cadillac?

Comment

Not sure they will have the stones to do it, no matter how good of a sporting car Cadillac makes (ATS-V, CTS-V, etc.) nobody seems to want to write a check for one. Lots talk about how good they are, but they just don't buy them. Cadillac seems to desperately be trying to shag the old mans car image, but old men still buy them. Hell even Corvettes are viewed as old mans cars by anyone under 40.

Comment

Doubtful. Cadillac are going EV so I'd expect their halo car to be a dual motor sled that does 0-60 in close 2 seconds.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X