Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

There's a lot more to the C8 than meets the eye.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a lot more to the C8 than meets the eye.

This is a long but really good article on what's under the skin.

Here's what no one is telling you about the 2020 C8

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/here-s...-ar186096.html

That was an excellent read. Very detailed comments on some issues ive never even thought of yet..

lots of bolts and not too many welds ...that was an interesting new evolution.

i remember thinking back to the c5 with its hydroformed steel frame rails and how that technology allowed the c5 to a massive increase in torsional rigity compared to the welded c4 chassis.

the c6 for the most oart was an evolution ofnthe c5 platform with the exception of course of the c6 z06 aluminum chassis.

the c7 platform was very different than the c5 and c6 in construction design.

another fascinating discussion was of the carbon fiver rear support beam. I have to wonder how much a replacement carbon fiver bumper beam would cost to replace in a rear end accident...(i kniw its creepy but thats what I kept asking myself of such a unique design solution)

the central tunnel really is an integral part of the c8 s 10 percent increase in torsional rigidity...over the overly stiff c7 platform.

maybe that was a design requirement for the bolted versus hydroformed or bolted 6 piece chassis...

reminded me of colin chapmans lotus chassis in retrospect...

his designs often depended on a strong rigid central backbone

thanks for posting up...

there have been so many youtube videos, so many articles ..ive not been able to dive in as often as I should...

your insight and suggestion was fascinating and helpful.

thank you.

JB

Comment

Thanks for posting this ABorC, lots of information here that I haven't already known...
      A thought if I might ...

Comment

I wonder if the brake ducts shown are on all models, or only on the Z51 like the C7.

Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Good find, thanks for posting the article.

Comment

Great, great technical architectural article. Thanks for posting
            Bob Sliwa
            "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
            Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
            Ludicrous Speed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWL8ejf2nM

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
            2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Comment

Thanks ABor C. That was a very informative article. Learned a bunch. I know we all heard Tadge during his livestream presentation talk about the six massive Benford 6 panels, reducing mass and joints (rattle
              and squeak) since they are one complete single piece.

He’s a picture of one of them I took at the forum.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BD579317-1C57-43E2-8FED-58B1CEB8F301.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	50483
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm not sure I'm buying the no-forced induction in the Z06 or more high performance models. We've been hearing a lot about that for a while and I wonder how those initial CAD leaks match up to the current frame layout. Most of the leaks have come to fruition so far, so I'm leaning on believing that it will happen at some point.

Comment

I think plastic in the floor pans is an upgrade from the C5 balsa wood floor pans. And the bolt together frame sections might make crash repair more feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    Thanks ABor C. That was a very informative article. Learned a bunch. I know we all heard Tadge during his livestream presentation talk about the six massive Benford 6 panels, reducing mass and joints (rattle
                    and squeak) since they are one complete single piece.

He’s a picture of one of them I took at the forum.

I read one interview in which Tadge stated that they had to become experts at manufacturing high pressure die cast aluminum parts because there isn't enough manufacturing capacity elsewhere in the country.

Last edited by electroVette; 07-24-2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I noticed that, when looking at the pictures of the dashboard frame etc, that the display panel is fixed, and cannot move to expose a cubbyhole, like the C7

Comment

Originally posted by ME71819 View Post
                        I'm not sure I'm buying the no-forced induction in the Z06 or more high performance models. We've been hearing a lot about that for a while and I wonder how those initial CAD leaks match up to the current frame layout. Most of the leaks have come to fruition so far, so I'm leaning on believing that it will happen at some point.
                        THANKS ME71819. I too am not sure that the Z06 won’t have a DOHC, TT motor.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Just click on any of the pictures and go full screen. Check out pictures 15-18, removes any doubt about brake-by-wire system. Thanks so much for posting this.

Comment

Another interesting observation (at least to me), they are using a lot of bolts instead of welding, but look at the bolts. They are external Torx Plus low-profile fasteners. You're not going to find those at Ace Hardware or Fastenal for that matter. There is way more going on the closer you look at this car. I couldn't be more excited about it.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X