MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

GM’s ME Body Patent and Body Design Heritage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM’s ME Body Patent and Body Design Heritage

Thank you to a forum member who shared this U.S.P.T.O. Patent (but again wishes to remain anonymous!

GM received a patent on July 4, 2017 (originally filed on November 6, 2015) for a “Vehicle Body Design.” Despite it being disguised, it is clearly for a mid engine sports car.

Interestingly also, is that two of the names specifically mentioned in the patent design, are ones we know were integrally involved in the C7 generation, and as below, were both involved in the ME’s design.

Hwasup Lee was the GM designer who’s original C7 sketch was chosen in 2010 from GM’s worldwide, ten-design-center competition as the C7’s inspirational design.

Click image for larger version  Name:	10BD5231-D8D2-4E2B-9017-BB11A1CCF3C0.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	5039

Hwasup Lee’s official title is Lead Exterior Designer, Chevrolet Performance Design Studio. As Tadge noted last fall regarding the ZR1’s debut, Hwasup was a critical designer in the ZR1, and Mr. Lee is, sub-Rosa, known to be also involved in the ME’s design.

Also named in the mid engine “Vehicle Body Design” patent, is a person with the last name of Peters. While we can not confirm that it is the Tom Peters who is Mr. Lee’s supervisor, and with Mr. Peters’ current title being , Director of Exterior Design, GM Performance Car Studio, that too makes sense, especially as Tom Peters was standing on stage, next to Tadge, at the ZR1’s reveal, and again sub-Rosa, there is confirmation that Mr. Peters was involved in the ME’s design. It is also worth noting that Tom Peters was heavily involved in the design of the 2009 Corvette StingRay Concept. Looking at its rear fender line, does that remind anyone of the that same fender line we just saw last week on the C8.R (and also seen on most ME renderings)?

Here is a excerpt from a Dec. 5, 2017 interview that Tom Austin of Hagerty.com held with Tom Peters about Corvette elements of design.

Originally posted by Tom Austin
    How do you deal with the Corvette’s long heritage and determine what parts of the past to bring forward?
    Originally posted by Tom Peters
    From a design standpoint, how to approach it is when you look at the vehicles, you look for those timeless elements in past vehicles. The trick is to boil them down into their essence. Like the fender shapes on a Corvette, the section to that power bulge hood, the basic proportions of the wheels. And you've got this kind of a fuselage shape, with an aircraft, fighter-like canopy sitting on top of that, that's a fundamental element.

Here is that last-year granted, disguised patent for a GM mid engine sports car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9E1F80A0-A7CC-4634-8927-482B0E58ACD7.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	879.3 KB
ID:	39339Click image for larger version

Name:	9566057D-84D0-4A19-993F-89717C207CD1.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	39340

Click image for larger version  Name:	EABC08F9-F9CC-4435-864B-CDB06842F0FD.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	268.3 KB ID:	39333Click image for larger version  Name:	C2C3FAFB-BFD5-4B21-A73F-646490CA8D6A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	201.5 KB ID:	39334Click image for larger version  Name:	BEE90997-C798-493B-A540-04AF810F0DF2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	296.0 KB ID:	39335Click image for larger version  Name:	378F7703-3DDC-4424-9617-757232B9DF6D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	301.6 KB ID:	39336Click image for larger version  Name:	9E30D306-A0AD-40CF-A9C8-03BD8D408EA9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	490.2 KB ID:	39337Click image for larger version  Name:	FB49B77F-C815-4D66-B85C-1C66C5F3EEC4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	205.6 KB ID:	39338

Thanks to USPTO!

When we see the 2020 ME Corvette at its reveal, there will be definite “timeless elements in past vehicle”, some that will remind us immediately of past Corvettes and Corvette concepts.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...rds-tom-peters*
    Last edited by John; 06-05-2019, 10:07 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Excellent post John. Just Excellent!!

Comment

It reminds me of a Roborace car

Comment

Good research and great post

Comment

Thanks Phil. I am allways looking for more layers of the onion to peel while we await big news. Unfortunately, this onion seems to have thousands of layers, and sometimes when we are not looking, we have to rethink what he “have learned,” (does GM puts more layers back onto it when we are not looking). But at least we are going 2 steps forward, one backwards, as opposed to the reverse.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Awesome info John, Appears to be out of the movie TRON. Thanks.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X