Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Convertible Start Date ( I have it !!! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Start Date ( I have it !!! )

Hello Corvette Brethren !

I have been talking to a Corvette Concierge and she has been very prompt in getting back to me via phone .... With my questions answered.

One of the questions I had was Why don't they have different folders on the Configurator so we can for instance Compare Interior selections side by side in different windows ???

She is gonna send me a Digital something something...

HOWEVER the by far most important question I had was "WHEN IS THE CONVERTIBLE going to be produced ??? ) I told her you can give me a 'ballpark' figure....3,4,5 months etcetera and I wouldn't hold her to it.

She told me that After Consulting those in the Know,

"THE CONVERTIBLE will be produced Side-by-side with the Coupe "

[email protected]@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Now I have Three saved and configurated and Now This ????

What is an 'old' man to do ??

I might have to spring for a ride for the wifey

BTW --- I was taking a nap ( I like naps, seeing how I wake up after 4 or 5 hrs of sleep nightly ) when she called This is all recorded on my messaging with her name

..........She also gave me her email .... in case anyone wants it for questions ?? ...........
    Last edited by Adrenaline Junky; 07-22-2019, 07:10 PM.

Did you get a name? If that's true it would be fantastic. And GM is going to Dust the Competition! They are doing a fantastic job! They're in it to win it! PS- You didn't post a start date.
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 07-22-2019, 06:58 PM.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
      Did you get a name? If that's true it would be fantastic. And GM is going to Dust the Competition! They are doing a fantastic job! They're in it to win it!
      Yes !! If I knew how to make my recorded message a 'file' ?? and then post it here I'd do it.

It was a small mountain for me to have the ability to download, sign, scan, and then send docs.....

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
        Did you get a name? If that's true it would be fantastic. And GM is going to Dust the Competition! They are doing a fantastic job! They're in it to win it! PS- You didn't post a start date.
        The Start Date is right at the INCEPTION of Production

Comment

I listened again and she said ' The coupe and the convertible will be made at the same time. They will coincide with each other. ' But she didn't say at Inception.....although I asked her if it would be 3,4,or 5 months after start .... And she seemed to 90% imply that @ Inception is happening here with the Convertible

She's gonna get a "hero" card and then email it to me with more images but the Digital Playbook will not come out until December ?? This doesn't 'fly' with people and in particular Ruess stating early 4th quarter ?? IDK Oh well

Comment

Forward me the digital play book once you get it please!

Comment

Originally posted by CraZ8 View Post
              Forward me the digital play book once you get it please!
              Will do. She also gave me her email addy.

Anyone want it.... for any questions .....????

...... I gotta leave presently, my wife teaches Salsa dancing and will be back in about 5 hrs, 10pm PST

Go BEARs !!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by Adrenaline Junky; 07-22-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline Junky View Post

Will do. She also gave me her email addy.

Anyone want it.... for any questions .....????

...... I gotta leave presently, my wife teaches Salsa dancing and will be back in about 5 hrs, 10pm PST

Go BEARs !!!!!!!!!!!
                Thanks a million! I will inbox you my email address.

Comment

Originally posted by CraZ8 View Post

Thanks a million! I will inbox you my email address.
                  I'm not exactly sure when she will be getting her "hero' card and then sending to me but as soon as I get that email I will forward it to you

Comment

Good news, thanks. I suspected they would not slow role this version to a later year of production. Probably just holding back the reveal of it to allow a bit of time to pass and then start another round of rabid Corvette fever. That is what I would do in there position.
                    2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

I'm not exactly sure when she will be getting her "hero' card and then sending to me but as soon as I get that email I will forward it to you
                      Awesome, I sent you my email address!

Comment

Hello Corvette Brethren !

I have been talking to a Corvette Concierge and she has been very prompt in getting back to me via phone .... With my questions answered.

One of the questions I had was Why don't they have different folders on the Configurator so we can for instance Compare Interior selections side by side in different windows ???

She is gonna send me a Digital something something...

HOWEVER the by far most important question I had was "WHEN IS THE CONVERTIBLE going to be produced ??? ) I told her you can give me a 'ballpark' figure....3,4,5 months etcetera and I wouldn't hold her to it.

She told me that After Consulting those in the Know,

"THE CONVERTIBLE will be produced Side-by-side with the Coupe "

[email protected]@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Now I have Three saved and configurated and Now This ????

What is an 'old' man to do ??

I might have to spring for a ride for the wifey

BTW --- I was taking a nap ( I like naps, seeing how I wake up after 4 or 5 hrs of sleep nightly ) when she called This is all recorded on my messaging with her name

..........She also gave me her email .... in case anyone wants it for questions ?? ...........

“Your concierge was correct that they will be made side by side” — but the person she talked with left out a critical factor, that they will only go down the line side by side (actually front to back) at some point in time and that time is not day one, nor even one month of C8 production

Or put another way, the C8 coupe will start to go down the production line significantly BEFORE the C8 HT does.

That is not conjecture, supposition or a likelihood; that is a 1000% certainty.

Last edited by John; 07-22-2019, 08:12 PM.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Yes !! If I knew how to make my recorded message a 'file' ?? and then post it here I'd do it.

It was a small mountain for me to have the ability to download, sign, scan, and then send docs.....
                          Can you let your phone record it to your email app?
                          Save the wave.

Comment

We are all wondering if the convertible will be produced from the Get Go or Inception, alongside the coupe

The concierge and I had been talking about the "When" ... 3 months, 4 months, 5 months after the coupe was started in production.

So they could Cover their behinds CTB, I told her it didn't have to be a specific date but just a guestimate would suffice. Any info would be great.

I should Not have presumed that she had taken notes or would remember anything we had spoken about.....So when she said on the recorded message that it was going to be produced side by side or back to forward or transverse to longitudinal or catiwompus to contra catiwampus...... I should have taken the information/message 'with a grain of salt' from the source, AND realized that she was leaving out the Start Time of the HT Conv. I apologize to anyone here that may have gotten a 24 hr Rush of bewilderment, like myself, thinking they could get the HT Conv from the Get Go.

Here is her copy and pasted response email back to me from last night .......... Well first, here is my questioning email ......
                            George Harris <[email protected]>
                            Mon, Jul 22, 5:22 PM (13 hours ago)
                            to chelsea.sanders
                            Thank You for leaving a message on my recorder !!

I have already told a few people about the Side-by-Side production of the Convertible with the Coupe.

They asked me, " Is that side by side going to happen at the Inception of production? "

I told them I thought it was but wasn't 100 % certain because although we had talked about a 'lag' like 3,4 5 months The word from Inception of Production wasn't stated.

So, I wanted to ask you if right from the get go, if the Convertible was going to be produced at Bowling Green ?

Also, thes others have questions....

Would it be OK if I gave them your email Addy ??

Thank you so much Chelsea

George 209-986-1827

This is what she sent back to me.
                            Chelsea Sanders (C)
                            Jul 22, 2019, 5:39 PM (13 hours ago)

Chelsea Sanders (C)
                            Jul 22, 2019, 5:39 PM (13 hours ago)

to me

That is not a problem, George! I was happy to get you an answer.

The coupe is starting out initial production and the convertible variant will go into production at a later time, most likely after a formal announcement is made. Additionally, all Corvette models will be built at the GM Bowling Green Assembly Plant. The LT2 engine will be produced in Tonawanda, New York.

You can certainly provide my email to whomever has questions! I would be happy to assist them as well. And again, if you have any further questions, please reach out and I will always try to get an answer for you!

Thank you, George!

Chelsea

So John is Absolutely correct that from the Inception the Coupe will be Exclusively produced
                            The BIG QUESTION to me is that If JOHN is correct about his Info about 'holding' 1000 cars for extra, initial quality control Then Releasing built C8s

MAYBE the HT Conv will be started right after that initial hold ???

My questions to you John are .....

Do they Also hold a specific amount of HT Conv for quality control ? And then release them ?

In the Past when did HT Conv production start ?? After the 'initial' batch of coupes go thru that holding period ??

Here is Chelsea's email ( Corvette Concierge )

[email protected]

If anyone has any questions

Last edited by Adrenaline Junky; 07-23-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

If the vert rear engine cover is window delete the vert is a no go for me.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X