Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
2 of 3 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

C8 Stingray Porsche-Owner Reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Stingray Porsche-Owner Reaction

Thanks, big time, to Michael A who prepare this excellent compilation of some Porsche Rennlist forum comments. As he noted, there were many more negative comments about it before its reveal. SO FWIW, and please no attacks on Porsche owners, here is some interesting comments.

​​​​Thank you very much Michael A!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF95B080-F755-4884-A774-9074158A01EE.jpeg
Views:	804
Size:	909.1 KB
ID:	49746
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

John that is definely GM locker room bulletin board material. The folks at Corvette have to be excited to read these quotes.

Comment

The new C8 is causing a tsunami in the exotic car world. Everybody hold on it's about to get crazy!!!!

C8-Cor-vette.......​​​​​​​C8-Cor-vette......​​​​​​​C8-Cor-vette......

Comment

I completely agree. I've considered the M2 competition / GT4 and have never considered buying a GM product until the C8 introduction. I think GM did a great job attracting a different buyer with the C8 and if the reviews for the Stingray turn out to be good, I see a Z06 in my near future. I left a message with Kerbeck to place a deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post
          John that is definely GM locker room bulletin board material. The folks at Corvette have to be excited to read these quotes.
          Saturday, I emailed to Tadge and Harlan Saturday at noon, thanking them for the reveal invite and including some very specific, absolutely related, other “measures” of interest in the car — such as one dealer, having sold less than ten this last year, and having only ten signed up for the C8 last Wednesday, but already having 50+ C8 deposits by the time I sent them my email, and also several other examples.

Heard right back from both. Things are happening in the sports car world (understatement).
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel L View Post
            I completely agree. I've considered the M2 competition / GT4 and have never considered buying a GM product until the C8 introduction. I think GM did a great job attracting a different buyer with the C8 and if the reviews for the Stingray turn out to be good, I see a Z06 in my near future. I left a message with Kerbeck to place a deposit.
            Daniel L, great 1st post. We are very pleased you joined us. At the reveal, I walked around and around it, sat in a couple of times, talked extensively with many Corvette team designers and engineers. I was so very impressed by the car’s workmanship. A major step forward from my the C7 I truly love.

Thanks for joining us and thanks for now considering the C8.

Comment

The folks at Ferrari and McLaren must be putting on adult diapers over the specter of a 90K$-Z06 and and 120K$-ZR1. They are not immune to "real" competition. Money matters. They know the performance of the C7 Zs. The C8 execution quality is stunning. They will be back on their drawing boards as soon as they stop gaping. The lower priced volume models are at risk.

Porsche's price gouging meeds to be challenged by a capable competitor.
              Last edited by SheepDog; 07-22-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Come on John, we can't pick on the Porsche owners? They have been picking on us for years, isn't it our turn now?? I don't think we need to poke at the Porsche folks. They seem to be doing a very good job of beating themselves up.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Saturday, I emailed to Tadge and Harlan Saturday at noon, thanking them for the reveal invite and including some very specific, absolutely related, other “measures” of interest in the car — such as one dealer, having sold less than ten this last year, and having only ten signed up for the C8 last Wednesday, but already having 50+ C8 deposits by the time I sent them my email, and also several other examples.

Heard right back from both. Things are happening in the sports car world (understatement).
                  Yeh, I tried to call MacMulkin yesterday with a brief question talked to the receptionist and she told me the Corvette Dept was slammed. So, I thought my insignificant question could wait. I'm good just wondering what the Big dealerships are telling people. Especially the ones that took more deposits than their probable allotments even before the reveal. Are they being truthful about their real allotments that are not even known as of yet??

Comment

I've been seeing the same type of comments from the Ford/Mustang guys. Several claim to have cancelled their GT500 orders for a C8. I never thought i'd see young Ford guys this excited about a Chevy! lol.

Comment

I think it doesn't matter what car you were currently looking at. The performance, the midengine, the high quality interior and the base price - If you care about performance you must be insane to buy anything else in the same pricerange than the C8 now.

Comment

My brother has a Boxster. I made a comment to him yesterday about Porsche owners may be re-evaluating the value proposition of their marque. He responded "Porsche and value proposition" seems like an oxymoron.
                        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I have talked to Porsche owners who are seriously thinking about the C8 being their first ME. Second, in talking with Mike Furman, he noted that he has some Porsche owners on his C8 list. Third, is the more direct proof, the information collected by Michael A in his OP.

All a Porsche owner needs to do is to start pricing a C8 as they would want it, a 911 as they would buy it, compare the performance levels of the two, and some will change their allegiance. Might that be 2%, 5%, or even 8% — only time will tell. I am convinced it will be above the current less than 1%.

Comment

I just sold my GT4... my order is in for the C8 (first one at my dealer). Super excited!!
                            2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Carbon | Comp Seats
                            2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
                            2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
                            2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Comment

gthal, just sent you a private message. Congrats on your being # 1. Glad you are also super excited. If you have not yet seen one in person, expect your excitement meter to peg when you do.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X