C8 Stingray Instrument Panel Differential Modes Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Stingray Instrument Panel Differential Modes Views

Driver’s IP screen options. These screen prints come from one of GM’s C8 videos.

Which one do you prefer at this time, e.g., for your Z mode?

Click image for larger version

Name:	116DB017-735D-44B1-AE3F-63C54DF90489.jpeg
Views:	907
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	49434Click image for larger version

Name:	7AE9EEDE-9898-4518-8C0E-A4B7A2331543.jpeg
Views:	1262
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	49435Click image for larger version

Name:	6EE0F4A3-B49E-4498-8FC2-880EF2952CBB.jpeg
Views:	862
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	49436Click image for larger version

Name:	82F173C5-E5FC-4B61-A205-0098641C31EA.jpeg
Views:	770
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	49437
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

IP looks awesome.

thanks for posting up

Comment

Candidly, the entire interior was awesome to me. When I have been asked what I thought of the car since I returned home, I find that most of what I am talking about is one rave after another about one feature or another in the interior. GA-GA over the interior. Not that I am not excited about tons more about the exterior...

Like just one more feature, the cell phone wireless charging pocket. And if I had time, I could type on my many Interior loves for hours more.

Name:	5C8AF2D4-DC9A-4249-8577-A0D08B031179.jpeg
Views:	735
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	49457

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I like to have a round tach on mine.

Nice feature to put the remaining range on the fuel gauge.

Now we need some pics of the different HUD options.
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Candidly, the entire interior was awesome to me. When I have been asked what I thought of the car since I returned home, I find that most of what I am talking about is one rave after another about one feature or another in the interior. GA-GA over the interior. Not that I am not excited about tons more about the exterior...

Like just one more feature, the cell phone wireless charging pocket. And if I had time, I could type on my many Interior loves for hours more.

Name:	5C8AF2D4-DC9A-4249-8577-A0D08B031179.jpeg
Views:	735
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	49457

I saw a video and it said a 6’5” guy had headroom issues with the car. Did you notice and difference in head room from the C7. I fit in a C7 @ 6’5” with no problems. Thanks
          2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

Anybody knows what the green, yellow and red rings in the middle of the gauge is? Seems like it is a shift indicator?

But I'm really wondering how configurable the gauges will be. Take a look how the RPM gauge is from 6 to 3 on one pic, but 7 to 4 on the other one.

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
            I saw a video and it said a 6’5” guy had headroom issues with the car. Did you notice and difference in head room from the C7. I fit in a C7 @ 6’5” with no problems. Thanks
            At least in the spec sheets the headroom is 37.9 for both C7 and C8
            Last edited by Ace; 07-22-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

The interior certainly looks much more elegant than the C7. GM has gone after Porsche in so many ways and the interior is a perfect example of this.

Comment

I like #3 ... I'm sure there are other views. I usually have the view that tells me what AFM i''m in, just to see when changes in my C7

Comment

Like just one more feature, the cell phone wireless charging pocket.
                  You don't happen to know if there's a USB connection in that cell phone pocket do you? Wireless Android Auto is a thing but phones can get super hot using it.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post

I am no where near 6”5” (at 5’11”) but perhaps that person had a disproportionate amount of his height above his hips, e.g. relatively shorter legged. Tall and extra large folks need to go to one of those 125+ dealers and sit in it (assuming that dealer allows it). A GM engineer there said that seat cushion to underside of roof was +1”, that seat travel was “1+, and that the distance between the armrests is greater in a C8.

My impressions, sitting in the car, confirm all three of those.

Comment

I am no where near 6”5” (at 5’11”) but perhaps that person had a disproportionate amount of his height above his hips, e.g. relatively shorter legged. Tall and extra large folks need to go to one of those 125+ dealers and sit in it (assuming that dealer allows it). A GM engineer there said that seat cushion to underside of roof was +1”, that seat travel was “1+, and that the distance between the armrests is greater in a C8.

My impressions, sitting in the car, confirm all three of those.
                      Thanks for the quick response. +1 “ then I should be fine. The C7 fits perfect and since no track don’t need to worry about a helmet either
                      2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

I'd probably go for display #2 and maybe #4. I wonder how accurate the G-meter is? Does it hold the peak G's for a driving session? (can't really check it while in the middle of a demanding corner) Or do you have to get the PDR if you expect to do that sort of thing?

The little icon at the bottom center, does that indicate the driving mode selected?

Thanks for posting the screens!
                        Last edited by Klinn; 07-22-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

For "Zora" mode, probably #2. I'd really have to get used to the bar graph tach in #4, but that's the ticket for track use.

For daily driving, probably #3.

On #4, what is the 175 degree display indicating? It's not oil or coolant temp, which are displayed elsewhere.

Originally posted by Colorado View Post
                          You don't happen to know if there's a USB connection in that cell phone pocket do you? Wireless Android Auto is a thing but phones can get super hot using it.
                          On the Chevy website, it says there are two USB ports inside the console. So you'll probably have to run the cord out the back of the console and plug it in that way.
                          Last edited by meyerweb; 07-22-2019, 02:14 PM.
                          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

John, I know you were impressed by all the improvements in the interior, but, I’d like to hear your take on quality of fit, finish and materials. I know you had to be overwhelmed to be sitting in it, and trying to see everything. But, as close as you can remember....

Comment

Sorry to be days late in responding (was over 900 emails behind three days ago, now catching up and “only” 170 behind). If there was one thing that was positively overwhelming to me and what my mind and heart keeps coming back to now one week later, is the quality of the interior, its fit and finish, the materials they use, the overall impression of WOW this interior looks fantastic. True, GM brought (3) 3LT’s to the reveal and (1) 2LT, but every manufacturer does that.

Also want to similar go effusive about the engine compartment, e.g, another WOW!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X