See less

2020 Ordering Guide available for C8 Stingray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Z51 rear spoiler the same as we've seen in most renderings?
    U.S. Navy(Ret); past associate editor of Vette Vues Magazine; Founder-Corvette Chattanooga; Founder-National El Camino Owner's Assn., NCM(L).
    Early ME purchase planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
      Oooo, nice find! I know what I'm doing this afternoon.
      me too ... so much time to kill looking at all this stuff

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post
        Could not find any mention of the different colors available for the engine.
        I see engine appearance, but not the colors. Configurator shows these are independent correct?

Comment

Originally posted by DanVette View Post
          Is the Z51 rear spoiler the same as we've seen in most renderings?
          Yes it is the identical shape (minus the pool noodle on some of them). It does appear significantly better in person due to our visual line of sight being above the spoiler by about 2’.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
            Here's the entire 36 page order guide in PDF format - https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...page=&butID=1#

I also attached the pdf for your convenience.
            Jeremy...Grazie Molto!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post
              Could not find any mention of the different colors available for the engine.
              Now that the engine is visible, can you imagine how many dress-up kits will be made by third-party outfits? Gonna be a flood.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Yes it is the identical shape (minus the pool noodle on some of them). It does appear significantly better in person due to our visual line of sight being above the spoiler by about 2’.
                I am liking the look of the High Wing Spoiler 5ZU option but the little footnote #1 states not available with R8C museum delivery which kills it for me. This order guide really does help make your decisions. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Now that the engine is visible, can you imagine how many dress-up kits will be made by third-party outfits? Gonna be a flood.
                  Yes, we will have many, many choices to improve on an already outstanding product.

Comment

Yes, we will, but GM has learned that due to financing for many, and their being decades late to the party, that if they offer superb looking accessories, that buyers will buy them as part of their initial order. IMO, the top of the engine is drop dead gorgeous with the engine dress up/lighting option.

At the same time, laughing at myself, I would highly doubt that I do not spend $5K on dress up some things for some parts of the car.
                    Last edited by John; 07-21-2019, 01:10 AM.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Any photos of the engine lighting option?
                      U.S. Navy(Ret); past associate editor of Vette Vues Magazine; Founder-Corvette Chattanooga; Founder-National El Camino Owner's Assn., NCM(L).
                      Early ME purchase planned.

Comment

I have not been all thru the guild yet. Does anyone think it will be possible to get "spoiler delete" with the Z51? All the other features of the Z51 but I think it's a cleaner look without the spoiler.
                        2018 Grand Sport, Torch Red, black int, A8, Nav/PDR

Comment

John, or maybe someone else who was at the reveal, said he was told that the Z51 was only available with the spoiler, the base model only without. I'm sure aftermarket companies will make spoilers for the base, but removing the spoiler on the Z51 seems to be not an option. Unless you pay for a bunch of bodywork to fill the holes.
                          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

..good info..

body color rear spoiler ?

standard or an option?

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by JDMilw View Post
                              I have not been all thru the guild yet. Does anyone think it will be possible to get "spoiler delete" with the Z51? All the other features of the Z51 but I think it's a cleaner look without the spoiler.
                              I specifically asked Harlan at the reveal and he said that with the considerable downforce the Z-51 splitter creates, the car was no longer aerodynamically balanced without the spoiler, e.g., no spoiler delete.
                              Last edited by John; 07-21-2019, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                                ..good info.. body color rear spoiler ? standard or an option?
                                Body color standard, carbon flash as an option if you get the carbon flash mirrors (ZYC). From the ordering guide:

Originally posted by Ordering Guide
                                Carbon Flash Metallic-painted outside mirrors, includes (DRG) Carbon Flash Metallic-painted outside mirrors
                                1 - Also includes Carbon Flash Metallic-painted spoiler when (Z51) Z51 Performance Package is ordered.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X