Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today: Carbon Revolution, from Australia, Discuss Their Carbon Fiber Wheels

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett sits down with Tim deSouze from Australia and Brad Lethorn from their North American office. https://youtu.be/F0LBAqkYjY4; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...rxNOYlIxPjYr24. Tim and Brad talk about the origins of the company, what other car brands they make Carbon Fiber wheels for and the future of Carbon Fiber!It's a fascinating and informative show! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.Listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, join the Facebook group, sign up for email notifications and shop in the CORVETTE TODAY Merchandise Store at:
www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 3 < >

Ten Words Maximum Or POTM’s Disqualified

Every single month people are forgetting how to count to ten — the maximum amount of words in our POTM contest. So starting tomorrow, if your entry exceeds 10 words, it would be DISQUALIFIED for the month. No “re-do’s,” edits. nor substitutions afterward.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

GM Patent Filing Reveals New Corvette Active Aero Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Patent Filing Reveals New Corvette Active Aero Bits

Based on a series of patent filings from General Motors, the automaker is developing new active aerodynamic components for the Chevrolet Corvette, including a new rear wing, side skirts and unique ductwork in the front end and on the roof.

A great many modern performance cars rely on active aerodynamics to reach an optimal combination of drag coefficient and downforce, and it looks like the Chevrolet Corvette could soon offer new forms of active aero technology. General Motors has filed for three new patents with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and each of these items is display in the patent drawings on a C7 Corvette.

While it seems unlikely that the Corvette would get new technology like this so late in the life cycle of the C7 generation, the company could be using the current Chevy sports car to develop and protect these new features while planning to integrate them into the next generation Corvette.
    Based on a series of patent filings from General Motors, the automaker is developing new active aerodynamic components for the Chevrolet Corvette, including a new rear wing, side skirts and unique ductwork in the front end and on the roof.

Thank you Torque News. As C7 development is finished (per GM), and as postulated even when the Active Aero patents were filed on March 23, 2017, that the soonest we could see any of those components, I moved your article to our ME section.
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This information was first posted on the forum two days ago by Corvette Blogger.

Comment

Im just hopeful that regular street versions of the corvette c8 wont be saddled with huge airplane like spoilers like on the mighty zr1.

i realize that massive spoilers can serve purposes . I just dont want them on my potiential future sports car as mandatory.

active aero is a more integrated approach that allows for cleaner styling.

thanks for the heads up on what gm is doing,

gives us street performance guys hope we dont have to get huge wings and spoilers if we still want a higher performance version of the corvette..

I really dig underbody aerodynamics as ferrari has pioneered for quite a few years.

its extremely effective and for the most part out of sight...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X