MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Z06 Reveal Live Site

2 of 4 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
3 of 4 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

Adjustable Front Lift Height - Option E60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable Front Lift Height - Option E60

The option for the Adjustable Front Lift Height - E60 was touched upon during the reveal. As this car sits pretty low, this option will be an important one that Corvette owners have been asking for. A concern for anyone with a low riding modern day sports car is...are you going to remember to push the button?Turns out you may not have to!

It was said during the reveal that they would employ GPS to workin conjunction with each time you raise the front end. You can save the exact location to memory (Up to 1,000 locations) so you won't have to constantly remember to lift when you arrive at your usual points such as your home, store or office. Now the only question is How much?
    2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Just my thinking but if your in an area which is unknown to you, What good is it going to do for you? By the time you hear that dreadful scrape or even worse cracking it's too late to go - Oh maybe I should have pushed the button 5 seconds ago. Sounds impressive with 1000 points to reference, but your never going to know untill it's too late anyway.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

We have a lot of unpaved roads around here, including the road I live on. Its 1.3 miles from my driveway to the paved road system.

I assume if I hit the button to manually lift the front of the car, it will remain lifted until I hit the button again to lower it?

Comment

I saw where the lift is $1500, but that is rumor and of course you will need GPS so, 2LT LKG another $5,000 inclusive of GPS??? but most order the 2LT PKG anyway ( Most Popular). And for the most part if it only raises the car 2 in. then in some instances that may not be enough. But to at least be able to program a daily route as your driveway etc, that would and will be a neat feature especially if there is a capacity of 1,000 memories.
        Last edited by brad66; 07-19-2019, 01:46 PM. Reason: The trim levels are 1LT, 2LT, 3LT. LT2 is the engine.

Comment

I think the real answer is a Stainless Steel Skid Plate mounted to the frame under the car. 2 inches isn't going to cut it. We've already seen many spy videos of the bottom scraping.
          Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Good OP question, e.g., how much? We do not know yet.

As to the next question, I asked an engineer last night and this system is designed to work at a maximum speed limit as competitors similarly have such a limit. It is 24 MPH for the C8.

It is not an automatic height leveling system. It is a 2” raising system IF you choose to flip the switch, and second IF you tell the screen prompt you wish to save that setting, next time you can space out. But new roads and new situations are still going to have to involve our smarts the first time.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

And you can’t drive over 24 mph anywhere you count on it saving you.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                Just my thinking but if your in an area which is unknown to you, What good is it going to do for you? By the time you hear that dreadful scrape or even worse cracking it's too late to go - Oh maybe I should have pushed the button 5 seconds ago. Sounds impressive with 1000 points to reference, but your never going to know untill it's too late anyway.
                You can of course press the button to manually raise the front. I agree that a sensor system to automatically raise the front would be cool, but it would need to work extremely fast and be 100% accurate or owners would complain. I prefer the lighter system in the C8 with geotagging, which is still freakin' amazing if you ask me.

Comment

That system will add weight to the car right?

Comment

Yes, it will.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

If you raise the car and GPS for automatic lift for a speed bump in one direction, does it raise going in the opposite direction or does it have to be set for the opposite direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy View Post
                        If you raise the car and GPS for automatic lift for a speed bump in one direction, does it raise going in the opposite direction or does it have to be set for the opposite direction?
                        The system will lift the car when approaching the bump from any direction.
                        TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

My guess is IF the location has been defined via GPS in the memory it is now a stored waypoint and as such the car will raise as it approaches from any direction and compensate for the approach speed.
                          2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                          6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                          2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                          2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

From my point of view, I can replace the front splitter of the Z51 five times for the cost of the lifting systems. Here, they add bumps everywhere and I prefer to be warn and aware of they can be anywhere...

this way, I take care of my car and I put 1500$ on someting else with more value added (for me )
                            Last edited by Fetalos; 01-05-2020, 07:16 AM.
                            Torch Red HTC with black top and nacelles, Non Z51, 1LT, perf. exhaust. Splash guards, Carbon flash front lip & rocker panels. Bright red calipers mirrors and Z51 spoiler. Carbon flash ACS Wickers. Edge red and carbon flash hash marks. Deposit on dec 2019, allocation on March 18th 2021, 3300 status on March 24th, built on April 13th 2021. Waiting for delivery

Comment

Originally posted by V1 VR View Post
                              My guess is IF the location has been defined via GPS in the memory it is now a stored waypoint and as such the car will raise as it approaches from any direction and compensate for the approach speed.
                              V1 VR, I believe you are correct.

Keep in mind, we all will need to learn the limitations of this lift system. I am sure GM has been exercising (and adjusting) it’s operation. Once in customers hands, I have visions of hearing complaints that the system didn’t lift in time, or even failed to lift at all. I expect the Operators manual will include a statement of warning of limitations. We all see our cell phones show GPS accuracy within a few feet. However, annual government tests of GPS accuracy have shown that in some situations the GPS can be off as much as 55 ft on a clear day with no obstructions. Put the GPS receiver in a moving vehicle, in heavy overcast rain in the middle of the city of tall buildings and well, you see the issue. My guess the GM engineers have included some “safety factor” for position accuracy and even some adjustments after test use in the field. In the end, the driver is responsible for operating and avoiding obstacles, the lift system can help in most situations, but maybe not all.

https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/

Last edited by bpost22; 01-01-2020, 08:54 AM.
                              TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X