Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

C8 Stingray Driver IP and Steering Wheel Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Stingray Driver IP and Steering Wheel Compatibility

We earlier posted quite a bit about the new C8 Stingray steering wheel, and how/why it was shaped as it is:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...wheel-revealed

The C8’s new steering wheel is a perfect match for the new IP, as these two pictures show (taken quickly while I was in the driver’s seat with an increasing big line wanting their turn).

Click image for larger version

Name:	2DE40073-0BF4-46E7-815A-B86B65235131.jpeg
Views:	486
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	48024

Name:	C4A8384D-CDBC-47B6-9F8D-9AACB9914171.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	48025

I immediately noticed how the steering wheel’s spokes being out of the way at 8:00 and 4:00 felt so good; no more spokes, at least for me, previously interfering with my would-have-wanted 9:00/3:00 most comfortable holding of the wheel, i.e., my C7’s the 9:00/3:00 spokes requires me move my hands to the “now deemed less proper” 10:00 /2:00 position (exception on the track and when spiritedly carving curving country corners, my hands were always at 9:00/3:00.

With the C8’s spokes completely out of the way with our now looking at its bigger fully digital IP screen, I could easily see 100% of its screen. Second thing I noticed, was that had the top of the wheel been curved as it is in our C7’s, it would have blocked the lower part of my forward, closest to the front, car’s visibility.

Well done GM, for the usual shaped C8’s wheel perfectly frames the driver’s IP, have perfect functionality.
    Last edited by John; 07-19-2019, 12:32 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Perfect steering wheel/driver IP compatibility! We prior-reveal posted quite a bit about the new steering wheel, and how/why it was shaped as it is:

(Pictures coming soonest I get internet back).

The C8’s new steering wheel is a perfect match for the driver’s IP in these two pictures (taken quickly while I was in the driver’s seat with an increasing big line wanting their turn to sit in the car).

I immediately noticed how the steering wheel’s spokes being out of the way at 8:00 and 4:00 felt so good; no more spokes, at least for me, previously interfering with my would-have-wanted 9:00/3:00 most comfortable holding of the wheel. Again, this is just a personal use observation, for my C7’s the 9:00/3:00 spokes used to have me moving my hands to the “now deemed less proper” 10:00 /2:00 position (exception on the track and when spiritedly carving curving country corners where my hands are always at 9:00/3:00).

With the C8’s spokes now completely out of the way, and looking at its bigger fully digital IP screen, I could easily see 100% of my screen. Second thing I noticed was that had the top of the wheel been curved, it would have blocked the lower part of my forward, closest to the front of the car’s visibility.

Well done GM, for the C8’s wheel perfectly frames the driver’s IP.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I noticed the same thing in Paddle shifting, the Awkwardness of having your hands sometimes going inside the wheel and almost getting stuck on turns. The whole paddle shifting experience will be 1000 percent better. I never drive my C7 in automatic mode. Like I said in another post I do not go for RIDES I go PADDLE SHIFTING.

Comment

Also perfect is the angling of the center IP screen right at the driver. Here’s a view that shows that beautifully.

Name:	E5315A1E-EB49-4C79-B7BE-C7094882A2F1.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	48028

Comment

Thanks for the Pics John, We all appreciate your eyes and perspective as all of us couldn't be there. In this picture I am now realizing I must see a few of them before ordering 1 as in this picture I already am seeing the center console wearing and some finish and fitment issues with the seats. Previously was going to order one sight unseen as don't know when any will be in my area yet, but now will make sure to drive one and such.

Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

These are prototypes. I wouldn't worry about the fitment problems once the car hits production. The stretching of leather on the console might continue to be an issue, as it is on the C7.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X