Stopping Distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping Distance?

Has anyone seen the spec for stopping distance, and how it compares to the C7???

Nope. But with the rearward weight bias, it should be better than the C7.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I agree it should be better than the C7. Everything will be better than the C7, Makes me wonder if my C7s value plummeted like a stock of a company that just filed bankruptcy.

Comment

Are those rear calipers larger than C7’s? Looked BIG to me.
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

We have many more specifics to learn, not just stopping distance, but the one I am really wanting is its front/rear weight distribution. Does it echo the 57% average of all ME Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, McLaren’s and similar? While I believe so, we do not know.

Tadge said “we will have more to share.” Neither date nor location was mentioned, nor one of the most critical ones, the HT convertible’s reveal. The three leading contenders discussed afterwards were the Pebble Beach “threesome,” Corvettes At Carlisle, or will it be NCM’s 25th Anniversary celebration?

No one was sure, thought as one would expect, lots of opinions as to which one would be winner.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
            Are those rear calipers larger than C7’s? Looked BIG to me.
            Wouldn't surprise me. With the rearward weight bias, the rear tires can carry much more the braking load than they do in a front engine car.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Big SIGH....ok I’ll wait. Also interested in weight bias but thought I’d cut right to the performance.

I think, last I looked at comparable stopping, tje C7 stops better than a lot of mid engine cars that carry rubber similar to the C8- and had assumed it was a benefit of the 50/50 distribution. I am not assuming it’ll be better simply because of the engine placement-and I’ll be happy if it maintains the same as the c7.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X