Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

C8 HT: Along Comes a Spyder

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
    I must be getting jaded in my old age. To me, a PRHT just isn't the same as a true rag top.
    Agreed! I don't know why, but it makes a difference. Maybe it is total exposure to the elements-kind of like driving a motorcycle without a helmet 👍 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2077.PNG
Views:	316
Size:	374.2 KB
ID:	65202 Circa 1994.

Comment

• Yup ! Spot on ...........
      On order from Mike Furman @Criswell: 2020 C8 2LT, Shadow Gray Metal
      Metallic, GT2 Seats, Black w/Black Sueded Inserts. Red Seat Belts. Sueded Steering Wheel. Splash Guards. Red/Black Fuzzy Hanging Mirror Dice ............ ( j/k) Life Member Corvette Museum, AMA Diamond Life Member

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
        Will you please be our on-site reporter and share back what you see? And please bring great “career ending” C7.R finishing positions for us too.
        John I’ll give it my best shot.
        2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
        1100 status 😊
        2020 C8 Stingray 3LT Elkhart Lake Blue 2 tone Blue int.
        3LT-GS7w/HTO,Z51,FE4,E60,Q8T,ZZ3,FA5,J6E,VQK,RWJ,ERI

Comment

• So who has changed over to the vert from an original C8 spot in line?
          Are the wait list #'s low?
          I guess it's impossible to guestimate allocations on them at this point.
          Is it fair to assume that all current options/colors < other that the top > will be offered in the vert model?

Comment

• Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
            So who has changed over to the vert from an original C8 spot in line?
            Is it fair to assume that all current options/colors < other that the top > will be offered in the vert model?
            I may change

Comment

• Engine carbon fiber and lighting is probably 2 grand..
              black side rockers $1000
              3LT vs 2 LT $4 grand.
              z51 fe4 vs standard suspension 7 grand
              standard wheels versus optional wheels $1000
              E60 versus what weve had forever $1500

anybody wanting a retractable hardtop versus targa is easy to manage for the COOLEST C8...
              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post
                Engine carbon fiber and lighting is probably 2 grand..
                black side rockers $1000
                3LT vs 2 LT $4 grand.
                z51 fe4 vs standard suspension 7 grand
                standard wheels versus optional wheels $1000
                E60 versus what weve had forever $1500

anybody wanting a retractable hardtop versus targa is easy to manage for the COOLEST C8...
                Sounds like you’re trying to talk yourself into it!

Orrrrrr.....you want others that are ahead of you on the list to switch, moving you up the list! 😎👍
                Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

• Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

Sounds like you’re trying to talk yourself into it!

Orrrrrr.....you want others that are ahead of you on the list to switch, moving you up the list! 😎👍
                  A little bit of both..it just so happens many corvette buyers are so interested in getting the first corvette c8 they can get their hands on...but I know many guys who once they see the convertible will be trading in the targa for a vert...

its what they do...

i guess if I were smart Id line up to buy their targa but I wont...and they will first buy the targa and within six months say to themselves...”god I really wish i waited for the convertible”

i have a meeting tonight in the local corvette club for dinner and I bet this story I just told plays out for the umpteenth time..

i am laughing as i type this because its happened time after time...

gotta scratch your head and say...”dont you learn from the last time”

one gentleman has a wife that is so wonderful....she just smiles as she watches this play out generation after generation...new model after new model...

you just want to say...dont do that again..thousands and thousands of dollars down the drain but alas its not really an issue for the couple I have in mind...

if I go to this meeting tonight Ill find out what his dealer suggested...ill fill you in on the outcome.

i told him...just wait three months....

well thats my funny story for the day...

sorry if it seems rampant in my thread postings.

he is a nice guy with quite the story of life.

Comment

• As much as I want the convertible, because I think it’s better looking, more exotic, I know my wife is right that I don’t need the extra sun. I have some damage done years ago, and the dermatologist says “stay out of the sun”, use sun screen, blah blah blah. I thought with the number I had I would decide after the convertible reveal. Then got bumped up and can go early. Maybe coupe now, Z06 convertible later.
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

As much as I want the convertible, because I think it’s better looking, more exotic, I know my wife is right that I don’t need the extra sun. I have some damage done years ago, and the dermatologist says “stay out of the sun”, use sun screen, blah blah blah. I thought with the number I had I would decide after the convertible reveal. Then got bumped up and can go early. Maybe coupe now, Z06 convertible later.
                      I hear you...i just spoke last night with a buddy that got lucky after exploratory surgery and its serious concerns...

no or should i say very few married men are going to hear from their wife..lets get the convertible...

its all about the ladies hair...

unless of course your Meyers web!

im kidding of course but Id imagine as we discuss this...maybe corvette spyders wont follow the ferrari model of 53 percent of sales being convertible...

maybe 53 percent of the ferrari owners that buy spider are the 53 percent are divorced and now just cruising top down with their girlfriends...hehehe

There are special women who happily drive top down with a ponytail or a hat...and some even that enjoy the experience as a driver or passenger...doesnt matter...

they are the romantics.
                      Last edited by JB; 09-10-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
                        So who has changed over to the vert from an original C8 spot in line?
                        I officially changed today. I'm in the first 5 coming to Canada. I purchased from the #1 corvette dealer in the country.
                        2020 C8 Torch Red/Natural Spider: In the top 5 of first Canadian deliveries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparro View Post

I officially changed today. I'm in the first 5 coming to Canada. I purchased from the #1 corvette dealer in the country.
                          I think you made a wise choice...that RHT is stunning..its a passionate design.

piece of artwork without question.

Let me say I love the targa as well...its awesome etc...the spider version is off the chain crazy stunning...

Comment

As much as I want the convertible, because I think it’s better looking, more exotic, I know my wife is right that I don’t need the extra sun. I have some damage done years ago, and the dermatologist says “stay out of the sun”, use sun screen, blah blah blah. I thought with the number I had I would decide after the convertible reveal. Then got bumped up and can go early. Maybe coupe now, Z06 convertible later.
                            I most enjoy driving my convertible with the top down in the evenings-once the sun has gone down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

I most enjoy driving my convertible with the top down in the evenings-once the sun has gone down.
                              sunrise,sunset and night are my favorites

Comment

• Originally posted by TOMDOM69 View Post

sunrise,sunset and night are my favorites
                                Agreed. Forgot about sunrise.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X