Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

C8 Stingray Starts @ $60K, But No HT Convertible Revealed Tonight Per “Little Birdie”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Stingray Starts @ $60K, But No HT Convertible Revealed Tonight Per “Little Birdie”

Well, well, more predictions, and nothing wrong with that, for as we know, I have not been shy with making tons of them myself. Been wrong a bunch, yet have been a blind squirrel and hit the mark sometimes too. I can guarantee that we are getting some upside surprises tonight (hope they are in areas that are personally important to you).

Click image for larger version

Name:	F9951F59-2A61-4BFC-8A2C-3DDC9E3FC52E.gif
Views:	3083
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	47170

So FWIW, and yet with real thanks to Tool Hoarder and his also noting separately that the C8 source of his has been 100% so far, we have this:

Originally posted by ToolHoarder
    Little birdie says no vert at reveal tonight, but will be mentioned, base price $60K
    Birdie who has been feeding info says the convertible will not be at the reveal tonight (I'm surprised and disappointed, given we've seen the car in the teasers). He says it may be reference. Says the car is "amazing in person", but of course he says that as he probably works for GM . Says the base price is "right at $60K" whether that means $59,999 or $62K I don't know, but it's not going to be a $65K or $69,999 base car.

I feel like I'm in 2nd grade and going over to a friend's house after school to play.... slowest work day ever
    Thanks Tool Hoarder and flocks and flocks and flocks of birdies will be jumping up and down tonight if it were to start “right @ $60K. At the same time, we reserved the right to not count on anything that is not GM officially revealed, and that includes our still looking for, hoping for, a C8 HT convertible to be revealed tonight.
    Last edited by John; 07-18-2019, 09:45 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

If this thing starts at $60k....just wow.

GM is **** good!
    Last edited by CraZ8; 07-18-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

If the HTC becomes reality for production within 3 months of the Coupe, I will be happy and can live with that. However, it would be NICE to see them both introduced together to actually see the opening/closing mechanism of the top. Sure hope that previous renders of HTC operation on this Forum are correct.
      Heidi
      Save the Wave
      2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

Great information John, this is in line to what we been thinking for a while, I guess no 169k base price. The price alone is a game changer for a V8 mid-engine car, this is the better story for GM. Just WOW I mean WOW.

Go on any manufactures site and find a V8 ME for this kind of pricing, it ain't Going to happen.
        Last edited by Fasttoys; 07-18-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

GM, don’t mess up my selfish plans. I want a HTC now that I can pass to the wife once the Z version comes out lol.
          If the HTC and Z are realeased too close to each other, I have to fine up with another selfish plan.

Comment

$60k O_o

C8 will fly off the lots (pending no silly games from dealerships)

Comment

60K would be amazing! If they want to totally disrupt the sports car market and bring the median buyer age down, that’s exactly how you do it!
              2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

Hard Top Convertible Please Please Please !!! Let's hope they will have one at the reveal. Don't miss the Ship with this long overdue reveal.
                Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Gosh I so hate being negative but..... all I can think of is all the corners they must have cut to get it down to $60K. I off set that by all the excitement it will create at that 'LOW BALL' price point! That's great for the brand and speaks so highly of the team that was /is able to bring it to market for that retail price.

My second disappointment (although it was certainly expected based on history) is that we'll have to wait a bit for the 'vert' to make it's appearance. I just added an i8 Roadster to my small collection so I'll manage to get by without too much of a problem.

Like the rest of you, I'll be glued to the screen tonight with a bottle of good wine an a sharp pencil and paper to take notes....

The 'wave' lives on.....
                  2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Well dang- I was really hoping to find out if the HTc is a trackable option.

Maybe be someone who is there can talk to a bird about that??

Please??

Comment

My little birdie tells me your little birdie is looking to surprise people. Convertible will be there. (o o o o)

Comment

$60,400 Base Base Would make a cool poll contest. But I am sure most are busy today. A hard Top Convertible is nice But having owned the Mercedes SLs . They get painful when those Cylinders start leaking. Sure will be interesting to see what Chevrolet charges for the cylinders. Mercedes was getting $550 at one time. TOP Hydraulics inc.( Ask For Claus) Rebuilds them with a better warranty and a better than new Cylinder, better seals etc. than Mercedes for $50 each, for future reference.

Comment

I am sticking with my (based on nothing), earlier noted at $62,888 MSRP. I expect transportation to go up another $100, and if I had one magic wand, is that everyone who thinking about the price increased from $55,900 for the 2019 FE Stingray to the 2020 ME Stingray, to factor in that $2,000 of the price increase for 2020 is already included for the 78% whose previous, first-checked-off option was a $2k automatic trans.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by C8UR911 View Post
                            My little birdie tells me your little birdie is looking to surprise people. Convertible will be there. (o o o o)
                            I really hope you are right on this one. Especially as it's what I (and it seems like plenty of others as well), want.
                            2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                            2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                            Spectra Grey Tridents.
                            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

I really hope you are right on this one. Especially as it's what I (and it seems like plenty of others as well), want.
                              You don’t have to hope. I am here...or should I say...there

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X