Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

2020 Corvette Is A STINGRAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Corvette Is A STINGRAY!

Developing story. This is a screen print from GM’s own official site. And the first time GM has told us that is will be a 2020 model. Thanks to NewYuriCity for initially posting this!!! Thanks also to andonisblogspot for alerting us to this official news.

Click image for larger version  Name:	67BEAB06-0C48-4538-BE76-065CEF1D5FA4.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	201.4 KB ID:	46181
    Last edited by John; 07-15-2019, 09:56 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I guess that interior leak with the stingray name was for real after all

looks like they sharpened up the stingray icon a bit! A little more angular and elongated just like The c8 logo

Comment

I guess that makes it official! nice
      2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

Funny, I had just draft written this last night, but did not want to jump the gun.

“ME Officially A 2020 C8 STINGRAY!

GM just announced that the first year mid engine Corvette will be named a Stingray.

[Quote=GM]This confirms an earlier leak which came from a U.S. Chevy dealer accessing his GM WorkBench Connect software system.

Here is our earlier thread on that then, long ago breaking news about it being a Stingray

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ay-model-codes

Click image for larger version  Name:	4B85FC32-7C52-4B7C-8AC9-199B8BDED6C3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	366.1 KB ID:	46187

Forecasting this name, in March Carscoops showed us a interior C8 mule seat picture showing what looked like an upside down Stingray pattern:

Click image for larger version  Name:	89B0B26A-E97F-474B-927E-ABBE114CE8BF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	563.2 KB ID:	46188

Lastly, Carscoops also showed us center “waterfall” picture with the word Stingray on it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	91A1B61D-4DFC-4FFA-A465-3964043C2FD9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	381.2 KB ID:	46189

Thank you Carscoops: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/20...will-be-named/

Based on the above, today’s official GM news that the C8 mid engine Corvette confirms those earlier “probables.”

The 2020C8 Stingray mid engine has been born, and will start to thrive in just 84 more hours.
        Last edited by John; 07-15-2019, 09:57 AM.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The media site for the C8 now has a whole section for 2020 Corvette Stingray Logos too:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stingray_Symbol_Rend_onWhite.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	46197

Comment

NYC, thank you so much!!!

CorvetteBlogger also made the other one brighter for those who wish.

Name:	F84C65B3-960C-47A3-B7F9-150C696F90E2.jpeg
Views:	737
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	46201

Comment

Originally posted by NewYuriCity View Post
              The media site for the C8 now has a whole section for 2020 Corvette Stingray Logos too:

Name:	Stingray_Symbol_Rend_onWhite.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	46197
              great find, thanks!

Comment

Stingray it is! Time has told!

01-30-2019, 04:47 AM
                While we do have verified info on a new Stingray ordering code for MY 2020, there was no verification that this was a revised C7 FE Corvette. I personally think the Stingray name will continue on the base C8 FE car. But like I always say, time will tell.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...4935#post24935

Comment

I really like the new Stingray emblem. Looks more powerful as fvs noted.

BUT, inquiring minds want to know now, where is it on the car? Might it be on the waterfall? Or???
                  Last edited by John; 07-15-2019, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Chevrolet has this animation video of the Corvette Stingray name running on twitter:

Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

Nice find and import Mr. CorvetteBlogger!

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
                        looks like they sharpened up the stingray icon a bit! A little more angular and elongated just like The c8 logo
                        Yeah, it looks a bit more cab forward, just like the 2020 ME.
                        My C8:
                        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

It’s “nose” echoes the front of the C8’s emblem.

Name:	CA498E1C-50EA-428D-BFA4-D15604777478.jpeg
Views:	681
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	46236

Thanks Tool Hoarder for pointing that out.

Comment

Thank You NewYuriCity.

Comment

Those look great!
                              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                              79 coupe Silver/oyster
                              All one owner
                              Museum lifetime members

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom