Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reveal Live Stream link and info

Received this from Mike Furman and Criswell Chevy today:

As you know the late Zora Arkus-Duntov, the " father" (along with Harley Earl) of the Chevrolet Corvette, had a vision for a mid-engine Corvette and it is finally transpiring.

Watch the C8 Corvette Reveal Livestream from the comfort of your own home.

The C8 Corvette Reveal Livestream starts at 7:30 p.m. PDT/10:30 p.m. EDT on July 18 and can be accessed through media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette. The streaming platform will also be available on Chevrolet’s social media channels.

“The stream will include Corvette video footage, a hosted pre-show, and the reveal presentation. It will be available for viewing across the globe, in all seven continents.”
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Another reference to Zora Arkus Duntov as THE FATHER of the Corvette. Let's start paying a little respect to Harley Earl, THE REAL FATHER of the Corvette. It was his design and if it was not for Harley Earl, Zora Arkus Duntov would not have had something to play with at GM when he showed up 3 years after the first Corvette had been on the drawing board. YES, Zora saved the Corvette and realized that it had to be a V8 to survive and YES, he is the father of the Mid Engine, and god only knows how much tribute I give to Mr. Duntov, BUT, lets call him what he is THE FATHER OF THE MID ENGINE CORVETTE. And Harley Earl Maybe the Grandfather of The Corvette??

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
      Another reference to Zora Arkus Duntov as THE FATHER of the Corvette. Let's start paying a little respect to Harley Earl, THE REAL FATHER of the Corvette. It was his design and if it was not for Harley Earl, Zora Arkus Duntov would not have had something to play with at GM when he showed up 3 years after the first Corvette had been on the drawing board. YES, Zora saved the Corvette and realized that it had to be a V8 to survive and YES, he is the father of the Mid Engine, and god only knows how much tribute I give to Mr. Duntov, BUT, lets call him what he is THE FATHER OF THE MID ENGINE CORVETTE. And Harley Earl Maybe the Grandfather of The Corvette??
      Well then Coca Cola is the pop !
      2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
        I'd say Zora is the father of more than just the ME. Maybe the father of Corvette as a performance car?
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

I'd say Zora is the father of more than just the ME. Maybe the father of Corvette as a performance car?
          Zora definitely kept Corvette on track and I will say that if it was not for Mr. Duntov we would not be having this conversation. The 53 and 54 Corvettes were losers at the time. Mt 54 actually sat in a dealers showroom for 18 months before being sold. Corvette had no direction from management. It was a sore subject at best till Zora came along and quickly rushed out the 55s with 700 V8s. BUT, Harley Earl was one hell of a designer and that first body style, not practical and underpowered was and is a beautiful piece of art. A Corvette with two big fins and little fins on the fins, Looks like an Aquatic animal not to be seen again until the first 63 Sting Rays.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X