Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Official C8 Stingray Steering wheel revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official C8 Stingray Steering wheel revealed

Interestingly the file is named 2020-zerv-pre-reveal-c8!

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...ing-wheel.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-zerv-pre-reveal-c8.jpg Views:	4 Size:	336.7 KB ID:	45534
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John; 07-12-2019, 11:46 AM.

Looks Very good in your posted photo than some of the spy shots we have seen earlier.

thanks for posting up.

Comment

I agree, I really like it. It looks much better than in the leaked Carscoops interior photos. There is something interesting up there at the top of the wheel also.

Comment

Interestingly, they do not allow a very good rendition of the details on the wheel. None of the inscriptions are very clear at all and unless you are already familiar with them, the new ones are impossible to figure out. And what is that approximately 1" - 1 1/2" dark hard area at 12:00????

Comment

Here is our earlier thread on the C8’s interior, though all within this thread are not official pictures.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-interior-pics
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

is this the scoop shape?

This same shape is in the headlamp, tail light, scoop, rear vents and side Q window...

I did a drawing way back that showed this correlation...

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 scoop shape.jpg Views:	18 Size:	537.9 KB ID:	45560
            Last edited by fvs; 07-12-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

hd cu of wheel

Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 wheel hd.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	573.0 KB
ID:	45562

Comment

Thanks fvs, your confirmation of stitching color and an alcantera option.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
                  is this the scoop shape?

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 scoop shape.jpg Views:	12 Size:	537.9 KB ID:	45560
                  Are we reading the tea leaves correctly that you would be creating for us a rendering with that scoop shape? (Or are we optimistically dreaming?). Might the tiny window behind the “B” pillar also echo that shape?

Comment

The shape of the spokes also look like the relief in the rear bumper intended for the license plate.

Comment

When I suggested that the key fob shape seemed to carry over from everything beginning with the hole in the shoulder area of the seats, I thought I was onto something. That was months ago! I later found out that virtually every seat that has a hole in the shoulder area, regardless of the manufacturer, seems to have a similar shaped hole. I've interpreted this as blowing my concept that the fob was tell tale of the rest of the car. Now, that I've admitted that, maybe it will be that shape. We'll know in just about 6 days.

Comment

This same shape is in the headlamp, tail light, scoop, rear vents and side Q window...

I did a drawing way back that showed this correlation...

Comment

Imagination run wild! But seriously, wouldn't a scoop be better suited to respond to aerodynamics versus aligning itself with a key fob?

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
                            And what is that approximately 1" - 1 1/2" dark hard area at 12:00????
                            Traditionally that is the centered-straight-ahead marker as used in race cars. Supposedly helps you get the wheel oriented properly if you're flailing around in an emergency situation.

Manufacturers have picked up on this as a styling trend and enhanced it in various ways. Perhaps, as John suggested in an earlier post, it might be color-matched to your interior color in the LT-3 trim. (or whatever it will be called)

Comment

Or it could change color is relation to your proximity to the redline.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X