C8 Price Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Price Prediction

Rick Conti said on his Vlog yesterday that he was sticking with his base model price estimate of 59,900.00 before delivery. This would sure keep it affordable for the whole Corvettte buyers group.
    Hope he’s close to correct.
    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
    79 coupe Silver/oyster
    All one owner
    Museum lifetime members

Possible...as a starting point and the options you choose could add substantially to the price all the way up to 104 fully loaded...

chose your options carefully and should be an amazing sports car. (Give or take a few grand)

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

You can always go lower by taking content out of the base car. Remember when an AM radio, heater, and defroster were extra cost items?

Comment

Is Rick Conti the go to dealer in the chevrolet network.

i give him credit for trying yet of all the you tube videos I watch these days for some reason his videos are hard not to fast forward..

he might be right or close within a couple of grand.

i believe a c8 z51 fe4 will start around 70...

if your in it it for 60 odd grand might as well go for the heavy duty cooling and suspension tuning..

i always believe long term those z51 bits make the ownership experience a little sweeter...as your driving up and around the mountains on an early sunday morning as the sun is rising. Truly a wonderful part of corvette ownership.

i also hope that front end lift kit isnt tied to a 3LT interior as thats something I think could come in handy

Last edited by JB; 07-12-2019, 08:25 AM.
        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

An increase of $3000 doesn't seem like much when you add in the DCT and other advancements.

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post
            An increase of $3000 doesn't seem like much when you add in the DCT and other advancements.
            An easy five over the current car makes more semse especially if you figure the dct..

that seems to be a bargin now that you bring the dct or what used to be an automatic type transmission option at 1800 dollars by itself.

Comment

If I remember my figures correctly it would be 4000 once you add delivery but either way yes it’s a modest increase. As for the DCT it may not be that much more cost if developed off a manufacturers current transmission. I guess there are also coil overs which I don’t know the cost difference on. Other stuff sure to some point.
              I wouldn’t be surprised at another couple of thousand more either.
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

JB -- please forgive my ignorance, but what does the front lift kit do?

Comment

Important question AirdaleC7. We believe that option code “E60” (Axle Front Lift Height System) is a switch on your center console that would allow the front end of the car to be raised when approaching a speed bump, a dip in the road, a steep driveway apron or similar. That system info we know from other brands, and know its option code and its description from the leaked Jalopnik specs.

As to whether it takes 2 second to raise it, whether it raises it 1 1/2”, and what is its price, all are not yet known. My guesses are that the numbers in the last sentence are reasonable estimates, as is my further guess of its $1,499 price. It also will only work up to a certain speed (GM does not want it to mess with overall aero all the time), so consequently as to other ME competitors, my belief it that they would limit it to functioning at a max of around 30 MPH.

This will be the first option box I check, so I then, with my hope and probability that the C8 would have four corner, individually height adjustable, coil over shocks, allow me us to give our cars the wheel gap I visually want, yet still be able to go up and down reasonable dips — still keeping my splitter undamaged.

JB, as it is a mechanical/hydraulic option, not an interior visual one, nor relating to interior components, I am thinking it is not tied to 1LT, 2LT nor #LT, but be an individually orderable one.

This is my hope and plan as of today anyway.
                  Last edited by John; 07-12-2019, 09:46 AM.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

The only statement I'm not seeing in this thread is in the manufacturing process of the new C8 they will save time and money only having 1 transmission option. 1 process learn on the line, 1 trans. to be put into the database to order and store. That would definitely help keep the upgrade from an M7 to the new DCT to a minimum.

> E60 is also my fist option to check then FE4.
                    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, 2/10/20 TPW. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                      You can always go lower by taking content out of the base car. Remember when an AM radio, heater, and defroster were extra cost items?
                      I remember an article about twenty years back, and it listed over 30 items that were at one time either non-existent or first appearing as options, but now “mandatory” for most buyers, e.g., back up lights, rear window defrosters, and cruise control.

Apple Car Play and Android will shortly be added to the mandatory list — if not there already.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Here is the list of the top dealerships by Corvette sales volume (thanks to CorvetteBlogger). This list is for sales the first six months of this year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2AE1C1BC-FDD0-49FB-9B76-CD6EB88E86EE.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	816.7 KB
ID:	45501

Comment

While I hope Rick Conti’s estimate is correct, I believe it is low; I don’t want folks to emotionally and mentally accept it now, start planning based on it, be emotionally disappointed later.

IMO, we are going to just get a ballpark number next Thursday, not get a specific price. The phrase that keeps running through my head is hearing Tadge say, “If you could afford an entry C7 Grand Sport, you could afford an entry C8.”

Of course I could be very wrong.

Comment

We had gotten a base price of $60,400 from a reliable source, So conti is is just $500 under that. But, I as many do feel with certain upgrades as the DCT transmission that $60,400 seems low. It is not impossible but seems low.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              While I hope Rick Conti’s estimate is correct, I believe it is low; I don’t want folks to emotionally and mentally accept it now, start planning based on it, be emotionally disappointed later.

IMO, we are going to just get a ballpark number next Thursday, not get a specific price. The phrase that keeps running through my head is hearing Tadge say, “If you could afford an entry C7 Grand Sport, you could afford an entry C8.”

Of course I could be very wrong.
                              When and where did Tadge say that?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X