X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB
    replied
    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

I can remember when a day/night mirror (manual, not automatic), tinted glass, full wheel covers (instead of "hubcaps") and whitewall tires were options, too.

Me too....

Leave a comment:

• Fireeagle
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    Important question AirdaleC7. We believe that option code “E60” (Axle Front Lift Height System) is a switch on your center console that would allow the front end of the car to be raised when approaching a speed bump, a dip in the road, a steep driveway apron or similar. That system info we know from other brands, and know its option code and its description from the leaked Jalopnik specs.

As to whether it takes 2 second to raise it, whether it raises it 1 1/2”, and what is its price, all are not yet known. My guesses are that the numbers in the last sentence are reasonable estimates, as is my further guess of its $1,499 price. It also will only work up to a certain speed (GM does not want it to mess with overall aero all the time), so consequently as to other ME competitors, my belief it that they would limit it to functioning at a max of around 30 MPH.

This will be the first option box I check, so I then, with my hope and probability that the C8 would have four corner, individually height adjustable, coil over shocks, allow me us to give our cars the wheel gap I visually want, yet still be able to go up and down reasonable dips — still keeping my splitter undamaged.

JB, as it is a mechanical/hydraulic option, not an interior visual one, nor relating to interior components, I am thinking it is not tied to 1LT, 2LT nor #LT, but be an individually orderable one.

This is my hope and plan as of today anyway.
    This will be a great feature to have. My C7 rarely scrapes my driveway but my C4 has the extended air dam in the front that ALWAYS scrapes no matter how I try angle back in. I guess it will eventually wear down enough that it no longer drags

Leave a comment:

• Plasboy
    replied
    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

DCT's don't have to cost a lot just because Porsche charges an arm, a leg and your first born male child for them. VW only asks $1100 for the DCT option in the Golf GTI. compared to the manual.
    Yes and if whoever is producing these transmissions is using some part of it for another one or more vehicles this will surely up their production rate of core parts making them more cost effective.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
    You can always go lower by taking content out of the base car. Remember when an AM radio, heater, and defroster were extra cost items?
    This. What might be missing in that base configuration that is standard in the C7, or how to option prices compare to the C7 options? If the 2LT package costs $4 grand more in the C8 than in the C7, the new car could get a lot more expensive real fast.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Klinn View Post
    A bit before my time but I seem to recall on my parents' cars that the passenger side mirror was an option.
    I can remember when a day/night mirror (manual, not automatic), tinted glass, full wheel covers (instead of "hubcaps") and whitewall tires were options, too.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 07-12-2019, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by JB View Post

An easy five over the current car makes more semse especially if you figure the dct..

that seems to be a bargin now that you bring the dct or what used to be an automatic type transmission option at 1800 dollars by itself.
    DCT's don't have to cost a lot just because Porsche charges an arm, a leg and your first born male child for them. VW only asks $1100 for the DCT option in the Golf GTI. compared to the manual.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 07-12-2019, 01:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Klinn
    replied
    A bit before my time but I seem to recall on my parents' cars that the passenger side mirror was an option.

And of course in my dad's first Beetle, heating was optional -- even if you had the heater.

Leave a comment:

• electroVette
    replied
    $60,000 - $63,500.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Originally posted by JB View Post

An easy five over the current car makes more semse especially if you figure the dct..

that seems to be a bargin now that you bring the dct or what used to be an automatic type transmission option at 1800 dollars by itself.
    The 2019 A8 was increased to $1,995, so if later confirmed would be even a better bargain.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    He did not, but that does not stop it running through my head as to what I believe he will be saying next Thursday. Sorry I was not more precise.

Leave a comment:

• bobbytinvab
    replied
    Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
    You can always go lower by taking content out of the base car. Remember when an AM radio, heater, and defroster were extra cost items?
    I hate to admit that I do

Leave a comment:

• ltomn
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    While I hope Rick Conti’s estimate is correct, I believe it is low; I don’t want folks to emotionally and mentally accept it now, start planning based on it, be emotionally disappointed later.

IMO, we are going to just get a ballpark number next Thursday, not get a specific price. The phrase that keeps running through my head is hearing Tadge say, “If you could afford an entry C7 Grand Sport, you could afford an entry C8.”

Of course I could be very wrong.
    When and where did Tadge say that?

Leave a comment:

• ZORA 69
    replied
    We had gotten a base price of $60,400 from a reliable source, So conti is is just $500 under that. But, I as many do feel with certain upgrades as the DCT transmission that $60,400 seems low. It is not impossible but seems low.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    While I hope Rick Conti’s estimate is correct, I believe it is low; I don’t want folks to emotionally and mentally accept it now, start planning based on it, be emotionally disappointed later.

IMO, we are going to just get a ballpark number next Thursday, not get a specific price. The phrase that keeps running through my head is hearing Tadge say, “If you could afford an entry C7 Grand Sport, you could afford an entry C8.”

Of course I could be very wrong.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Here is the list of the top dealerships by Corvette sales volume (thanks to CorvetteBlogger). This list is for sales the first six months of this year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2AE1C1BC-FDD0-49FB-9B76-CD6EB88E86EE.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	816.7 KB
ID:	45501

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X