MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

Look At These Tailpipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
    AND, The diffuser does not make sense on a mid engine car. .
    The purpose of a diffuser is to speed the velocity and reduce the pressure of air coming out from under the car, increasing downforce (like an upside down airplane wing). It makes just as much sense on an ME as any other car. Look at the rear of any LeMans type car, front or mid-engined, and you'll see a diffuser. Here's one example. Rear engined F1 cars have diffusers, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ddafe37307fc9d2f2e0d4e1a70e3162b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	45634
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

The transverse muffler is just behind the transaxle so the storage back there will be located above it and already have to deal with heat from that source. I'm sure GM has figured it out.
      How do you know where the muffler is?
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

In some of the pictures of the mules we could see through the mesh of the "diffuser" to the transverse muffler. Also the curved pipes coming from it and exiting on either side. I'll see if I can find a sample.

Edit: From the original Nurburgring photos. Looking through the mesh, and a bit sticking out below the "diffuser", you can see what looks like a transverse muffler. Looking at the pipes on the left side, it appears they are bending 90 degrees behind the tips to connect with the muffler.

C8 Exhaust

It's easier to see in the full size picture, which is too big to upload here. You can get it from my site here: http://www.designamatic.com/Graphics...ng07-Large.jpg and enlarge it in your image viewer.
        Last edited by Klinn; 07-12-2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

The purpose of a diffuser is to speed the velocity and reduce the pressure of air coming out from under the car, increasing downforce (like an upside down airplane wing). It makes just as much sense on an ME as any other car. Look at the rear of any LeMans type car, front or mid-engined, and you'll see a diffuser. Here's one example. Rear engined F1 cars have diffusers, too.

Click image for larger version Name:	ddafe37307fc9d2f2e0d4e1a70e3162b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	45634
          Also, Porsche changed it’s IMSA GTLM racecar from rear to mid engine just so they could add the diffuser.
          The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Oh heck, why should I stop posting? Yes, I never owned a Corvette (could not afford ever). I drove at length my brother's Vettes back in the day from '73 through 1978 - he would trade out once a year because he always wanted the latest model. Based on that small history of mine, I can not comment on the last three generations, never having driven one.
            However, my being an armchair Corvette Fan forever and a day (born in '55), I do enjoy studying them and living in hope that I could one day afford one. That said, of course, I would buy a C8 no matter what the design cues are. It's a Corvette. And most likely, a Stingray. What could be better in all of the world of cars than driving a Corvette? Nothing. It is a mindset. Were the '73 through '78 models as good as the hype back then. No. Not by a long shot. Even driving them for all season enjoyment, I still knew I was behind the wheel of what was an essentially low budget, predominately Plastic, Chevy made by GM. But was it great? YES! A thousand times YES !!
            I lost interest in "following" all things Corvette when the C4 and C5 generations arrived. Not being able to afford one, I just didn't see any particular reason to get excited over the design both inside and out. I know alot of people loved them, but I always thought they looked sort of plain and uninspired for being a Corvette. To me, the C4 & 5 looked like a constant excuse for GM to say "Hey, what do you want for the Price Point?" And I got that. It's a car. The performance started getting better and better every year, but it was still just a "Car" in my book.
            Then came C6. I was hypnotized by the design cues. Plain and simple. Fan-Tab-U-Lous. Effing Wonderful . Still not being able to buy one, I set out on a multi-year mission of buying every die cast Corvette that I could get my hands on either in Toy Stores (remember them?) and online. Every scale, every year, every color, but especially..... the C6's .
            Hot Wheels made a 1/12 scale to coincide with the release of the C6 and the units would up being on closeout on the Web for cheap. I was in Corvette Dreamers Heaven. Red coupe & convertible, Silver Coupe and Convert, and a Blue Convert. Absolutely incredible to look at and Dream. I wound up going to every year of the New York and Philly auto shows just to see the latest C6 and later C7 when they arrived.
            Point being, the C6 to me was the Ultimate new gen that ever wore the Vette label. Interior? Meh - decent for the Price Point, but....the exterior - GM could not have nailed something better. It took me awhile to adjust to the rear of the C7, but eventuall I realized that it was "acceptable". I still don't care for the "Eye Makeup Around the Rear Taillight assemblies", but whatever. It's a bit cheesy imho, but, it at least looks menacing....lol. Too much shiny black at the bottom rear fascia too. But again, what ya gonna do. It's a Vette. So be it. I better hit "post reply" before this thing times me out !!!!!!

Comment

Don't know if anyone caught this from Motor Trend today.... interesting read.
              https://www.motortrend.com/news/mid-...ette-stingray/

Comment

Also..... I have a theory about the new Stingray emblem for the C8. The C7 looked like a generic "Stingray" image. I am thinking that I see the shape of the new front hood of the C8 - a shape that you can imagime the lines of the hood opening meeting the headlamp module areas on both sides. Hmmmm?
                Click image for larger version  Name:	ray2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.4 KB ID:	46596 the new C8 on left / old emblem > Click image for larger version  Name:	ray.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.0 KB ID:	46597

Comment

If I am correct, I think I should Win a new C8 based on being the first person to "notice". Red please.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman View Post
                    If I am correct, I think I should Win a new C8 based on being the first person to "notice". Red please.
                    Rayman, underscoring your post, did you notice that on the leaked Jalopnik specs, it listed option RIK? It said: “LPO, rear Badge, painted in red.

I wondered previously if the emblem might be available in all twelve colors? GM has already GM showed us silver and black ones, and now we also know that dealer-orderable will be Torch Red.
                    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman View Post
                      Oh heck, why should I stop posting? Yes, I never owned a Corvette (could not afford ever). I drove at length my brother's Vettes back in the day from '73 through 1978 - he would trade out once a year because he always wanted the latest model. Based on that small history of mine, I can not comment on the last three generations, never having driven one.
                      However, my being an armchair Corvette Fan forever and a day (born in '55), I do enjoy studying them and living in hope that I could one day afford one. That said, of course, I would buy a C8 no matter what the design cues are. It's a Corvette. And most likely, a Stingray. What could be better in all of the world of cars than driving a Corvette? Nothing. It is a mindset. Were the '73 through '78 models as good as the hype back then. No. Not by a long shot. Even driving them for all season enjoyment, I still knew I was behind the wheel of what was an essentially low budget, predominately Plastic, Chevy made by GM. But was it great? YES! A thousand times YES !!
                      I lost interest in "following" all things Corvette when the C4 and C5 generations arrived. Not being able to afford one, I just didn't see any particular reason to get excited over the design both inside and out. I know alot of people loved them, but I always thought they looked sort of plain and uninspired for being a Corvette. To me, the C4 & 5 looked like a constant excuse for GM to say "Hey, what do you want for the Price Point?" And I got that. It's a car. The performance started getting better and better every year, but it was still just a "Car" in my book.
                      Then came C6. I was hypnotized by the design cues. Plain and simple. Fan-Tab-U-Lous. Effing Wonderful . Still not being able to buy one, I set out on a multi-year mission of buying every die cast Corvette that I could get my hands on either in Toy Stores (remember them?) and online. Every scale, every year, every color, but especially..... the C6's .
                      Hot Wheels made a 1/12 scale to coincide with the release of the C6 and the units would up being on closeout on the Web for cheap. I was in Corvette Dreamers Heaven. Red coupe & convertible, Silver Coupe and Convert, and a Blue Convert. Absolutely incredible to look at and Dream. I wound up going to every year of the New York and Philly auto shows just to see the latest C6 and later C7 when they arrived.
                      Point being, the C6 to me was the Ultimate new gen that ever wore the Vette label. Interior? Meh - decent for the Price Point, but....the exterior - GM could not have nailed something better. It took me awhile to adjust to the rear of the C7, but eventuall I realized that it was "acceptable". I still don't care for the "Eye Makeup Around the Rear Taillight assemblies", but whatever. It's a bit cheesy imho, but, it at least looks menacing....lol. Too much shiny black at the bottom rear fascia too. But again, what ya gonna do. It's a Vette. So be it. I better hit "post reply" before this thing times me out !!!!!!

Boy, are we on the same wave length. Sold my '78 Silver Anniversary after waiting 10 months for it, in about 6 months. Having loved my C2, the overall quality of the '78 pulled me away from Corvettes for many years. But the C6 was a different story...loved it, and bought a '13 427 Roadster. And the C7...it took me awhile, but finally went for it when I realized you could order body color vents and have the lower rear panel painted out to match. Love-um both. Hope I like the C8 as much.

Hope you can finally get the Corvette of your dreams!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X