MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

Look At These Tailpipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look At These Tailpipes

Familiar tailpipes?

Click image for larger version  Name:	5090CB30-11B7-4B52-8F47-1942FDAD3C4B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	16.3 KB ID:	45202

Well lookee here, as found thanks to Fasttoys, the 2020 Porsche Turbo with its new-look tailpipes.

Might they look similar to something being revealed in 7 days?

BTW, that new Porsche is estimated at around $200,000K at around 600 HP.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FA54E6FD-70DF-426B-8FAE-7CF942E1061B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	218.9 KB ID:	45204

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...bo-992-future/

Click image for larger version  Name:	4C2A764C-B443-43E2-B4C6-7773E5A295BC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	45203

The ME Corvette had them as we saw in all the spy photos two years ago, and Porsche is coming out with theirs next year, so Porsche your copying the C8’s is a nice form of flattery, e.g, your IMO making “yours” look like ours LOL.

Thanks Fasttoys for this find.
    Last edited by John; 07-11-2019, 09:46 AM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Ugliest tailpipes ever!

; )

Comment

Their OK, I was hoping for one like the on this CTSV. Click image for larger version  Name:	2244322image1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	45208
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Currently have a 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam and Vortech supercharger. On Kerbeck's pre-order list for a 2020 ME C8

Comment

I actually don't mind them. Plus changing them out is easy enough and I'm sure that there will be plenty of after market ones to choose from.
        Last edited by Bluevette; 07-11-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

The back end of the C8 has a very complex and angular design. I personally feel that having round pipes would just feel like an afterthought. The fact that they are squared off and offset shows me that there was allot of thought put in making it harmonious with all the angles of the rear diffuser. Pay special attention to the overall proportions. That is key and many will never appreciate it. It works incredibly well. The strength of this design comes from the trapezoid shape coming out at you and the deeply sculpted taillights, how they transition into the big vents. There was almost nothing going on with the C7 mid bumper down so they needed big round quad pipes centrally located to give it some precense.

Comment

Good analysis ZoraC2. I really like the way the outer C8 tailpipes echo the rounding of the rear corners of the car, are 1” or so further recessed from the inner ones. Well done!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1532CF4F-ACFD-45E6-9697-33215BC0FB31.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	119.8 KB ID:	45218
            Last edited by John; 07-11-2019, 09:45 AM.
            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Might paint mine high-temp black (as I have done on other cars).

Comment

Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                Their OK, I was hoping for one like the on this CTSV. Click image for larger version Name:	2244322image1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	45208
                And that, would truly add some class to, what has been shown so far, a very cluttered rear end. Simplistic and stylish.👍 IMHO

Comment

At least the Corvette's tailpipes actually look real, as I'm willing to bet the 992 Turbo's aren't. The base 992 uses fake exhaust tips which I just find really disappointing on some of these high dollar sports cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Bluevette View Post
                    I actually don't mind them. Plus changing them out is easy enough and I'm sure that there will be plenty of after market ones to choose from.
                    I think they look ok ... I like the staggered look as they follow the overall body line.

Comment

Mine will be “happy high-temp black” soonest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	05BE2356-D606-472E-BB62-BF7D1EC150D4.jpeg
Views:	308
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	45322

Comment

I will adjust if I need to after I get mine home in the garage. Side pic #6 above gives it a perspective I have not seen before today and a nicer look.

Comment

Anyone ever put straight pipes on a ME vehicle? Lol

Comment

I'd like to see people's reactions if GM just put something like these on. Even if it was just for one photo to mess with people.

Name:	PicsArt_07-11-03.21.24.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	45342

Comment

Originally posted by Bluevette View Post
                              I'd like to see people's reactions if GM just put something like these on. Even if it was just for one photo to mess with people.

Name:	PicsArt_07-11-03.21.24.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	45342
                              Lol, that would cause multiple heart attacks

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X