MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

Am I being dissed by Chevrolet regarding C8 news?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being dissed by Chevrolet regarding C8 news?

Question: I signed up on the Chevrolet C8 pre-launch site months ago and other than a "Thanks for signing up" email, I have yet to get one tiny tidbit of information from their marketing folks -- that's why I'm thankful for all of you who so generously share your news -- anyway, is it just me or is anyone else on the C8 forum not getting anything. I would have expected at least links to the videos an invitation to watch the C8 unveiling...but nothing, nada, zip -- anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

Like you I signed up and have received 3 emails I think each one referencing the latest GM promo video.
    2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Signed up too; NOTHING todate.

Heidi
      Save the Wave

Comment

Same here, but just one week from today & we’ll get to see the real thing, usually not up that late but I’m positive I will be next Thursday !
        A thought if I might ...

Comment

Thanks all -- just strikes me as odd that a company with sizeable marketing staff and budget like Chevrolet would let the opportunity to communicate with raving Corvette fans like us (me) go unattended -- I know if I gave my marketing clients that kind of service or obvious lack thereof, I'd be fired faster than my C7 goes from zero to 60.

Comment

I feel until the reveal there is not a whole lot of information for them to send you. I bet the amount of people that have signed up is tremendous. I usually get my car information from forums, internet, visiting dealerships and now digital car magazines. We are only 7 days away from-reveal, then we wait 6 plus months until they start hitting dealers lots.
            We still have plenty of time.
            Last edited by Fasttoys; 07-11-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I also signed up and have never seen any emails from Chevy (but this has happened with other manufacturers)... "signed up" on the Kerbeck form and never heard from them either!

Comment

Well I'm being dissed because they don't even want Canadians to sign up

Thank you for your interest in Chevrolet and/or other GM vehicles. U.S. residents, please fill out the required fields below. Non U.S. residents, please visit your country specific GM website and/or your local dealer for further information.
                Needless to say there is zero findable on the GM Canada site.

Comment

I signed up, awhile ago, and have received the confirmation email and then one other with the video promo.

Comment

I too have not heard nearly as much as I would have liked. My expectation is that seven days from now, all going to change, that the paths to C8 information and ownership will change to ten lane highways.

Piece by piece, as per our other active thread on invitees to 7.18 & 7.19 getting their actual final-form invites, things are happening behind the scenes. Right now GM is focused on the next 180 hours (though they will obviously complete the last of the official invite notices), then the Reveal will change all.

We just need to hang in there for the next 7 1/2 days, something that’s not easy for any of us.
                    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

If you’ve had no emails at all you could try signing up again.
                      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                      79 coupe Silver/oyster
                      All one owner
                      Museum lifetime members

Comment

I recommend checking your spam folder as well as any other folder that your email server could potentially send it to. For instance, I use gmail and most of the emails from Chevrolet go to the "Promotions" folder rather than my normal inbox.

Comment

As I have said in another post, they have gone down a non-traditional marketing route. No marketing company would ever start a new portal get all your info and sit on it for 6 months. Its some kind of reverse marketing, they definitely have us all talking about it so I think they achieved a goal?

I would have taken that info matched it up to current GM/Corvette owners and started sending out a keychain with the original sketch and month by month qualified potential Corvette owners sending them 1 or 2 nicer items not giving much away but keeping the excitement alive instead of the excitement being what the heck are they doing.
                          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Currently have a 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam and Vortech supercharger. On Kerbeck's pre-order list for a 2020 ME C8

Comment

I will say the buzz around the new C8 is there. I do think contrary to other opinions on our awesome forum there are many Porsche, Mercedes and Audi owners that will purchase a new C8. I personally know 3 people, 2 that own newer 911's, one has a 2018 SL that have said they are going to get one if its as advertised. I know the C8 will be AMAZING but the point is the C8 is going to bring in new customers to Chevrolet dealerships.
                            Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Currently have a 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam and Vortech supercharger. On Kerbeck's pre-order list for a 2020 ME C8

Comment

That is exciting news Richrat, for brand conquests is what caused GM to design this radically different looking car as we all know. Talking to top dealers and they have many brand conquests on their lists. With BGA going to two shifts, GM is certainly betting on a bunch of new to Corvette buyers.
                              Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X