MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

C8 Display Locations

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope we get to see one in the South East

Comment

How about a MECF meetup at Classic Chevrolet in grapevine on Friday the 26? We could all go see the car(s) then go eat and talk about them? Could be a great outing!
      Last edited by Ateupjoe; 07-13-2019, 04:34 PM.
      2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Originally posted by Ateupjoe View Post
        How about a MECF meetup at Classic Chevrolet in grapevine on the 26 (or Saturday 27?)? We could all go see the car(s) then go eat and talk about them? Could be a great outing!
        I'm here in Fort Worth and was hoping to go on the 26th. Please post if there's a meetup. Only been in Texas a couple years, so would be great to connect with some future ME owners.

Comment

Lucky San Diego, first west coast reveal is Bob Stall Chevrolet (San Diego); scheduled to be there on the 22nd and 23rd of July. Thanks to “markNagy13” for this information.
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

BTW, I wrote to GM Canada to see if they were doing a similar dealer tour up here in the Frozen North. Received a basic "we'll contact you if we have more info to offer" response, so maybe they're waiting until the list is released after the reveal. :shrug: I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Comment

End of July C8 appearance at one more location: Concours d’Elegance of America: July 27/28. As always MECF advises people call ahead to confirm event details, whether tickets are needed, etc.

Originally posted by MotorAuthority
              See the C8 Corvette at 2019 Concours d'Elegance of America

Viknesh Vijayenthiran
              VIKNESH VIJAYENTHIRAN JULY 12, 2019
              Chevrolet is set to reveal its C8 Corvette on July 18 at an invitation-only event in Orange County, California, but fans who missed out on an invite won't have to wait very long to get their own personal look at the car.

The Bowtie brand has confirmed that the new Corvette will make an appearance at the 2019 Concours d’Elegance of America, which takes place at the end of July in Plymouth, Michigan.

Chevy will host a seminar, tickets for which can be purchased here, at which General Motors design chief Michael Simcoe and former Corvette design chief Tom Peters will be presenting. They will be there talk about the design of the new Corvette, including the opportunities and challenges presented by moving to a mid-engine platform.

The seminar is scheduled for the morning of July 27 and will take place at the Inn at St. John’s in Plymouth, and naturally the new Corvette will be present.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...nce-of-america
              Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by ME71819 View Post

I'm here in Fort Worth and was hoping to go on the 26th. Please post if there's a meetup. Only been in Texas a couple years, so would be great to connect with some future ME owners.
                If someone can confirm what time on Friday the 26th we can swoop in and see the C8, I will post a meet-up.

Ps: my original post also said the 27..... that is incorrect..... it's only the 26!
                2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Anybody know if they plan to have one or more C8's at the Corvette Corral events at the IMSA Weathertech sports race races this year ? Heard a rumor that there might be one or two at the Road America race scheduled for August 3-4 in Elkhart Lake, WI.

Comment

My guess is “yes,” and that this coming Friday we will get the GM promised list of 125+ dealerships locations where the C8’s going to be at, and, we hope and believe, a list of all the other places they will be at for the remainder of this year.

One thing for all to keep in mind that whereas GM increased by 50% the number of C8 show cars compared to previous generations, there are still only a total of six of them. Then, they will produce 4 or six more show cars of the next C8 model.
                    Last edited by John; 07-13-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Anymore info on what will be at the Museum the end of August? How many, etc.

Comment

I am pretty sure we will see two C8’s, a “pop up/out display showroom” booth with 25-40 Corvette staff (some from Michigan, some from BGA), seats, wheels and display boards of specialized components. [However, until GM officially announced, nothing is ever confirmed.]

Comment

Hopefully panels with new colors.

Comment

I think we will see such displays, e.g., love to see some actual, leather, color swathes for the interior colors, and painted real body panels for the exterior ones.

Comment

I hope there are more than two cars with, what, 25,000 Corvette owners in attendance?
                              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Only 1,000 people there.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X