Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the 6th largest Metropolitan Statistical Area in the United States one might expect GM to bring one of the cars to the Washington DC area (Northern Virginia, Maryland, DC). You would be wrong.
    Current DD is 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE #016/500

Comment

• Caught the roadshow at my local dealer in Greenville,SC last Friday. Very nice.

Video below from someone with early access before the reveal.....

Comment

• Thanks much bytor! It is a really good video. What are your own impressions please?
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
          Thanks much bytor! It is a really good video. What are your own impressions please?
          Well, with all the on-line information and pictures available and research done to this point. For me it was more of a validation of things getting to see it up close. Two things did stand out. First, sitting in the car is fantastic. I remember it truly “fits like a glove” when sitting in the driver’s seat. The ergonomics are spot on. Second, the engine appearance package looks great in person. A must have for sure.

Now the hard part.... Waiting!

Comment

• I do not know which seat was in your display vehicle, but I have sat in GT2 seats many times, and they are so comfortable!!!

Can’t wait for a road trip!
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lexterrae View Post
              John, my impression from the Norfolk Dealer Tour was that the Sebring Orange Tintcoat was a beautiful car, but not my color. I ordered a Zeus Bronze with Natural Dipped interior.
              What was surprising at the Norfolk unveiling was the number of folks that had never owned a Corvette. One gentleman said he never considered a Corvette until the mid engined C8. He was a Ford guy. He owned a ‘57 T-Bird, a Ferrari and a new Mercedes, but had a C8 on order. Lots of potential converters at the show!

Sorry I missed you P-Tree...I hope another time!

i think you made a wise choice. That zeus bronze with the dipped natural interior os a stunning color choice. What other options did you choose?

congratulations

​​​​​​​JB

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

• Im amazed some states are not even having one showing...

from a dealers perspective its expensive of course but considering they theoretically spend 500 dollars to get one customer to walk in their door with local advertising spending 15 grand for one day to get a thousand people to visit their showroom is still a banging deal...

they get they the contact information...they get a chance to wow that consumer not only with their new corvette c8 but also leads for existing corvette deals, cuvs and sedans and pickups..

my 1000 visitors in one day is probably way too light but it does demonstrate the value proposition of the c8 event...

im going to go to a November 24 th event in a nearby state ...
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                  I do not know which seat was in your display vehicle, but I have sat in GT2 seats many times, and they are so comfortable!!!
                  I believe the seats in that east coast touring car (the Sebring Orange one) are GT2 seats as well.

Originally posted by JB View Post
                  Im amazed some states are not even having one showing...
                  I'm amazed some countries are not even having one showing, i.e. Canada.

Now granted, we're used to being left out in the cold, but even just 3 or 4 showings across the whole country would be nice.

Comment

• Saw it today at Hawk Chevy in Joliet Illinois. I thought I knew how good this car looked from the photos, but the detailed surfaces really show in 3 dimensions. This car has a truly exotic look, low and wide. Yes, the GT2 seats are extremely comfortable. I wanted so badly to sit in the Comp Sport seat on display for comparison but I decided to behave. Definently going to see it again in December out in Peoria.
                    Rapid Blue/Jet Black 1LT, Z51, carbon flash open spoke wheels w/yellow calipers, competition seats w/blue seatbelts

Comment

• I was hoping the reveal convertibles would do the dealer tours in FL while they were already here, but at least one dealer confirmed NO. Too bad. Anyone know if those demo verts will tour separately? I would love to see one in person.

Comment

• Thanks for the news even though not what we were hoping for. The strike has prevented new C8’s (which would have been used for more display events) from being built.

Comment

• I just spoke to James at Henna Chevy in Austin, TX who will host the C8 road show on Oct 31. He advised that it is an invitation only event at their dealership and that the public can come but will wait in line to see it if at all when all of the their VIP invites are done. I hope that others are not experiencing this kind of closed door response. It sure is a good idea to call the dealership ahead of time so you don't get disappointed when you show up expecting to see the C8 and get told no. I wanted to give my fellow Texans a heads up and find somewhere else to see the C8 and do business.

Comment

• Thanks much for your Informative post — including your caution. Hopefully, they will allow all who attend to get in. Thanks 455SDguy!

Comment

• Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post
                              I just spoke to James at Henna Chevy in Austin, TX who will host the C8 road show on Oct 31. He advised that it is an invitation only event at their dealership and that the public can come but will wait in line to see it if at all when all of the their VIP invites are done. I hope that others are not experiencing this kind of closed door response. It sure is a good idea to call the dealership ahead of time so you don't get disappointed when you show up expecting to see the C8 and get told no. I wanted to give my fellow Texans a heads up and find somewhere else to see the C8 and do business.

what time are they doing the tour? I live in San Antonio and would drive up to Austin. I really want to see the car. I would like to sit in it too 😅

if it’s that bad I might drive to Houston. I talked with them. 2 days and invited anyone with open arms. Even emailed and asked what time did I want to pass by

Comment

• I'm still looking for any info on where I might see the convertible. I know there is a Miami International Auto Show coming up in November and one would have to think that GM would have one there for it? Can anyone suggest who to contact about the vert's appearance before I travel down?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X