Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

So Many ME Questions Yet To Be Answered

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So Many ME Questions Yet To Be Answered

    How many major ME unanswered questions we still have!

    Where does one start? So in no particular order, here are some of the major missing ones, i.e., candidly we are missing so much more than we are knowing.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	4BE88A2E-D15B-4233-999F-68E29C714CB4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	228.6 KB ID:	43748

    We do NOT know all of the following:

    Will 7.18.19 Include A HT Convertible?

    MSRP Price?

    Car’s Physical Aspects?
    • What is the actual shape of the scoop?
    • What does it front and rear fascias, hood and the Z-51 spoiler really look like?
    • What is its motor’s power levels, including what are the major differences from the LT1?
    • What is its weight?
    • What is its F/R weight distribution?
    • What is its cargo area total size, and how is it configured?
    • What does the inside of cabin look like — including the passenger area?
    • Where does the coupe’s roof store?
    • How does the HT convertible work?
    Car’s Performance Specs?

    Ordering & Production Schedules?
    • When do initial orders go in?
    • When does initial customer production start?
    • Is it a staggered production, e.g., coupe first then HT second, or both at the same time?
    Other Possible, Thought Very, VERY Remote First Year Possibilities:
    • Could there be a second motor option? If so, a V6? TT? Have a FPC?
    • Could there be a manual transmission?
    • Could there be a Z06?
    • Could there be AWD?

    Is it not amazing that we know so little despite our fantastic resources we have had to date, e.g, 400+ spy pictures, 300+ renderings, 10 CAD drawings, our collective massive brains and reasoning powers, and tens of “supposed leaks”!

    Just 14 more days and all or almost of these questions will be answered!







    Last edited by John; 07-05-2019, 12:33 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

  • #2
    Come on GM ! Hard Top Convertible ! P L E A S E. Can you tell that's my top Priority ?

    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

    Comment


    • #3
      I too enjoy open air goodness. I'd take hard or soft top.

      Comment


      • #4
        Another unanswered question.....

        How does the polar moment of inertia compare between C7 and C8 ???

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          Come on GM ! Hard Top Convertible ! P L E A S E. Can you tell that's my top Priority ?
          Given the camo versions driving around, I think you, and others like you (which includes me), will get a HTC...eventually!

          Comment


          • #6
            My question, which hopefully some of you folks with more experience in Vette introductions can answer:
            • When will an online "Build Your Own" configurator appear?
            I think it was mentioned that a booth will be at the NCM event to do this. Would GM release it at that time for anyone to use online, or does it only appear when dealers are ready to enter orders into the system? I don't care if it has prices (although that would be great) but just what options are available etc.
            Last edited by Klinn; 07-05-2019, 07:38 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Post #2 is my favorite pix too. After having owned 2 AW C7 converts, I'm ready again for a TR. Another question I have is: Exact length and width (with mirrors extended) and height of HTC at highest point during operation. (Reason: Only have a one car garage in condo and rafters precluded opening/closing of our C6. Our C7 is ok. Hopefully C8 will be ok too)
              Heidi
              Save the Wave
              2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                Another unanswered question.....

                How does the polar moment of inertia compare between C7 and C8 ???
                I’d say obviously it’ll be better because car is lower & more tightly packaged

                Comment


                • #9
                  NO SOFT TOP CONV. They were a disaster in the 430 Ferrari Spyders never fitted well and looked horrible and cheap. I sure hope for a HT Conv. The tops on the coupes will probably store vertically behind the seats in a padded compartment. The HT Conv will go up and down like the Ferraris, probably the main reason GM leased a 488 Ferrari while designing this car was to fully understand the top mechanisms, engine placement etc. I feel that they may get a perfect 50/50 Front / Rear Ratio, That is what they were striving for. As far as engines a Base LT1 with a possible upgrade to a LT2 with 500 to 530 hp. Upgraded motors to follow as in C7 production. I think that the front fascia is pretty much as we know it from the great renderings of out talented member FVS Chazcron and Vetterocious to name most but the side scoops and rear fascia that is where the real surprises will come. A standard trans MAY very well follow with the patents applied for with electric clutch assist as opposed to Hydraulics. The FRUNK is going to be limited and there will be complaints from current coupe owners ( There will be a lot of complaints from the haters and critics ). ALL IMO But the biggest question is pricing. hopefully Base will be right under $65,000. I it is any higher GM will have a problem taking into consideration where they need to be to sell a whole lot of base cars in the first year and to attract the younger generation into this car ALL IMO

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That giggling you hear over in the corner is the GM team congratulating themselves on how successful their stealth and marketing program is working. We know so little, yet our anticipation is through the roof. Doesn’t get any better for them until they knock our socks off on 7-18 with an awesome reveal.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John View Post
                      How many major ME unanswered questions we still have!

                      Where does one start? So in no particular order, here are some of the major missing ones, i.e., candidly we are missing so much more than we are knowing.

                      Click image for larger version Name:	4BE88A2E-D15B-4233-999F-68E29C714CB4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	228.6 KB ID:	43748

                      We do NOT know all of the following:

                      Will 7.18.19 Include A HT Convertible?

                      MSRP Price?

                      Car’s Physical Aspects?
                      • What is the actual shape of the scoop?
                      • What does it front and rear fascias, hood and the Z-51 spoiler really look like?
                      • What is its motor’s power levels, including what are the major differences from the LT1?
                      • What is its weight?
                      • What is its F/R weight distribution?
                      • What is its cargo area total size, and how is it configured?
                      • What does the inside of cabin look like — including the passenger area?
                      • Where does the coupe’s roof store?
                      • How does the HT convertible work?
                      Car’s Performance Specs?

                      Ordering & Production Schedules?
                      • When do initial orders go in?
                      • When does initial customer production start?
                      • Is it a staggered production, e.g., coupe first then HT second, or both at the same time?
                      Other Possible, Thought Very, VERY Remote First Year Possibilities:
                      • Could there be a second motor option? If so, a V6? TT? Have a FPC?
                      • Could there be a manual transmission?
                      • Could there be a Z06?
                      • Could there be AWD?

                      Is it not amazing that we know so little despite our fantastic resources we have had to date, e.g, 400+ spy pictures, 300+ renderings, 10 CAD drawings, our collective massive brains and reasoning powers, and tens of “supposed leaks”!

                      Just 14 more days and all or almost of these questions will be answered!






                      From GM Authority...LT2 Engine....
                      http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/07/...ine-exclusive/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks dolfanlon. I just re-did your post to insure we get it on its on separate thread. We all wish it had more definitive info.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          John one thing I would add to your list is What safety enhancements have they designed in to the new platform. Chevy has admitted they have intentionally crashed some of the mules. Curious to hear those results. Thanks

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That will be very useful and informative. We have already seen on the leaked specs, several of those new-to-Corvette safety upgrades that’s will be available on the ME, e.g., blind spot protection, and the combined halo bar/upper coupe rear window cameras tied to the video rear view mirror program (e.g., like Cadillac’s Panaray system but much superior).

                            Approximately 30 mules have been part of its destruction testing, safety development process.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Any chance John you can find out how much off the ground the front of the c8 is standard and with the front end lift system?
                              lol


                              the mclaren GT is 110 mm’s off the ground standard and 130 mm’s off the ground with the lift system in its highest position.

                              i literally spent 1200 dollars replacing the aluminum tack welded lower support with a new bolt on piece on my corvette going over a 10 mph speed table.

                              thanks in advance...ugh!

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X