MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

7.18.19 Tustin Updates, Including Invitees, Weather and More

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You taught us Jag.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Tustin hanger update with a big thanks to Rick Conti’s VLOG, his having a fan actually in Tustin and taking this picture. Also noting the fencing surrounding the hanger,. Thanks Rick, and thanks to jagamajajaran for alerting us to this while I was away for part of the day.

Today’s quiz: What word is being painted on the black banner...

Click image for larger version  Name:	E5C7F9E8-D63C-45FC-ACCC-6AF7452A19C1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	45446

As to an update on the weather a week from today in Tustin,, e.g., sunny, no chance of precipitation, around 80 and a little breezy.
      Last edited by John; 07-12-2019, 12:45 AM.
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Tustin hanger dress up. The exterior of the Tustin hanger keeps getting a make over. Thanks to Corvette_Nut we have the following picture. Any bets what will be the “language” going down the right hand side? Might it be 7.18.19, C8 Reveal, or ???

Click image for larger version

Name:	F963ED82-DFB5-431F-A9A6-50BDF49742F1.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	45760

Meanwhile thanks to Rick Conti, we have his VLOG today including this picture of a massive stage being erected inside the hanger, and look at how those two semis are dwarfed by the massive hanger.

Click image for larger version  Name:	74A8FAC9-8BA8-42AF-9C97-0ACBD03FF9BC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	339.8 KB ID:	45759

Click image for larger version  Name:	9C952CF3-16C5-40CC-AFDF-F995E5755D17.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	273.5 KB ID:	45758
        Last edited by John; 07-12-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Tustin hanger dress up. The exterior of the Tustin hanger keeps getting a make over. Thanks to Corvette_Nut we have the following picture. Any bets what will be the “language” going down the right hand side? Might it be 7.18.19, C8 Reveal, or ???
          Just blow up the photo a little bit and the sign is easy to read. It says "Corvette."
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Invitees Update: The last of the 7.18.19 invites have gone out with now eligible “Dealers” and “Owners” getting theirs. The Media will be receiving their lanyard/name tag credential when they arrive at the designed hotel on Thursday.

Name:	CD9119C0-8613-4BFC-BBB8-49EE00E05F9B.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	45763Click image for larger version

Name:	5327799C-D93C-4796-AB03-12A56482EB6B.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	45764

Comment

John I wonder if someone at Chevy is documenting, photographing and videoing all of the preperation, planning and construction of this reveal. This would be an interesting part of the story of the C8 for a book or documentory video someday.
              Bucket LIst: See C8, Order C8 (On Mike Furman's List) Own C8, Drive C8

Comment

Updated Tustin weather forecast for this Thursday is nicely now 77 degrees, partly cloudy morning giving way to mostly sun at 4:00 PM, winds 5-12 MPH, still 0% change of precipitation. Same one now as on weather channel.com

Comment

I cropped and backlit crossofiron's pic...setting the stage!

Name:	C8 Stage.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	480.4 KB
ID:	46132

Comment

Thank you so much Jag. Very, Very well done.

Comment

Holy- moly, that is big building ! They could easily put 5000 guests in there along with the cars !! The could even park the Goodyear Blimp in the ceiling and nobody would notice it, LOL. Does Michelin have a blimp ??

Comment

That shows just how large those buildings are! They dwarf the stage in the original shot. 1000 people looking at a few cars are not going to be very conspicuous on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post
                          Holy- moly, that is big building ! They could easily put 5000 guests in there along with the cars !! The could even park the Goodyear Blimp in the ceiling and nobody would notice it, LOL. Does Michelin have a blimp ??
                          Here is some information on the Historical, WWII LTA (Lighter Than Air - Blimp) Hangars.
                          If you scroll through the report (2nd link) you can see information and pictures of the blimps inside the hangar, etc.
                          Depending on the size of the blimp, the hangars could hold 6-7 blimps.
                          Short article with pictures: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...-blimp-hangars
                          Report: https://www.tustinhistory.com/images...in_Hangars.pdf

Comment

I'm wondering if they will pave from the street to the hanger, or if it will just be the dirt we have to drive our cars over. May not simonize my tires!

Comment

From Conti’s Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9864455&type=3
                              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                              79 coupe Silver/oyster
                              All one owner
                              Museum lifetime members

Comment

Thank you Plasboy!!! C8’s arrived at Tustin. As I earlier thought, via Reliable Transport.

Thanks Rick Conti for this screen print.

Click image for larger version  Name:	662E05B8-FC06-4BD3-A5E5-D57572BE5836.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	574.7 KB ID:	46274
                                Last edited by John; 07-15-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X