Rapid Blue Leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Blue Leaked

It may be entirely possible that a color sample of Rapid Blue was posted as early as this past February. Thanks to Zymurgy for posting this image on another forum back in February and to Tool Hoarder for bringing it to light again today. According to NewDude, a Rapid Blue color sample were available at one time on the GM EPC under, catalog group 8.800, but they have since been removed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	45C01033-314F-4718-87F5-18E0D309786B.jpeg
Views:	1077
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	43528

Name:	F9A9D450-D160-423E-93F5-34302E3E67C6.jpeg
Views:	952
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	43529

Chaz rendered a C8 in a light blue last month, which is very close to the "Rapid" sample that was previously posted. Here is the link to that thread: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/mid-engine-corvettes/mid-engine-exterior-interior-pictures-and-renderings/40609-4-lt-blue-new-renderings-thanks-to-chazcron

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_7516.jpg Views:	138 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	43495

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_7515.jpg Views:	139 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	43496

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_7514.jpg Views:	141 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	43498

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_7517.jpg Views:	141 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	43497
    Last edited by John; 07-03-2019, 10:36 PM.

I'm more of a fan of the dark shades like Admiral blue, this is still gorgeous
    Last edited by Bluevette; 07-03-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluevette View Post
      I'm more of a fan of the shades like Admiral blue, this is still gorgeous
      As am I. My mom would have loved this shade.

Comment

Thanks for the post Jag! I guessed on 6-24 it was a light blue if ELB was still going to be used.

06-24-2019, 08:57 AM
        Thanks for showing us Chaz light blue rendering John. I believe if the leaked order form is real then rapid blue is probably a light blue like this render. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think GM has always offered both light and dark blue sine the 70’s. And I thought I read ELB is a very popular color. I do like ELB but would love to see an electric blue in the mix, just a shade or two darker than ELB.
        Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Thank you Jag. The paint code of GM0 noted above is, coincidentally or not for each of us to decide, the same one noted on the Jalopnik leaked specs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	514E7FD5-CB47-4044-91F6-C35691EEAF94.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.0 KB ID:	43507

And it is close to the CERV III color— also as Tool Hoarder noted. [Picture thanks to DriveTribe.]

Click image for larger version  Name:	209D81B0-B935-49FF-A987-B090606FC151.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	426.6 KB ID:	43508
          Last edited by John; 07-03-2019, 04:45 PM.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Hmmm, well, it's a nice color but I'm surprised GM would release something so close to Elkhart Lake Blue. I expected it to be noticeably lighter or darker. Unless it turns out ELB is being discontinued and replaced with Rapid blue, but the leaked spec sheet doesn't support that idea.

Comment

I really hope we have variable “different” colors and mattes offered.

Comment

Thanks for posting jagamajajaran. I'll have to wait to see this in person , I'm sure we've all seen pictures of a car and the color doesn't look the same in person ...

360 hours and counting ....
                A thought if I might ...

Comment

Seems very close to Marina Blue of the 60s???

Comment

It looks that way to me. Below picture thanks to fastmusclecars.com

Name:	9A00EB21-7988-40A8-BEFD-F0866090F62F.jpeg
Views:	898
Size:	565.9 KB
ID:	43569
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I didn’t like the first pictures, but as I went through the later post the blue looks very good. So I don’t know what to think. I’ll have to wait and see.

Comment

can any one tell me if the unveiling c8 on 7/18/19 will be on line or on tv channel or what ever....Thx

Comment

Absolutely will be live streamed. We are pretty sure it will be the same URL as we have already linked for the 7.18.19 countdown clock — in our “Announcements” section). We will continue to monitor this closely, and once GM puts out the official announcement, we will have it boldly noted here in several places.

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

Comment

Another blue Chazcron rendering — though probably not Rapid Blue

Originally posted by Chazcron
                            Random blue made while demonstrating the model to my nephew.

I've got over 700 hours on this model. After the reveal, I'm going to look into options of offering it on sites like TurboSquid.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5088E93E-8351-41FE-B066-3A4D433D2BF2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	43905

Comment

Originally posted by Chazcron
                              I've got over 700 hours on this model. After the reveal, I'm going to look into options of offering it on sites like TurboSquid.
                              Step carefully, car companies are fiercely protective of their brand. You basically have two options -- get approval from GM to sell your digital replica (difficult) or make sufficient changes that it can be reasonably argued that your model does not represent a C8, and in that case fewer people will be interested in buying it.

Turbosquid is priced to sell to a commercial market, and before they spend the bucks they want to be sure that they can use it freely, i.e. that you can demonstrate you have a full commercial license for the rights to it. Trying to avoid the issue by labeling a model as "for non-commercial use only" just means that users will skip over it since they can't use it in their projects.

Even releasing an accurate model for free on ShareCG or other sites with the disclaimer "for non-commercial use only" can lead to issues and a take-down notice. It all depends on how aggressive the company chooses to be, and for a hot new product such as the C8, GM will likely be extra-protective.

(edit: sorry if this post sounds excessively negative -- you've obviously got the talent, and I'd hate to see you blindsided by the business aspects)
                              Last edited by Klinn; 07-06-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X