Back to N’Ring Testing, Exhaust & Interior Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to N’Ring Testing, Exhaust & Interior Details

C8 SPIED TESTING At The Nürburgring - Details and Exhaust SOUND! Thanks to CarSpottersQVS

Our best interior picture yet!

Thread Under Construction: Developing Story

Click image for larger version  Name:	2AC0EB1A-5534-49AA-B396-7CEF728AB0FC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	95.1 KB ID:	43069
    Picture credit also the CarSpottersQVS.

Last edited by John; 07-01-2019, 08:19 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

We were alerted to this possibility yesterday by Corvette_ Nut.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6DB624E1-BFD1-431C-9041-D0B7177CAE50.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	224.7 KB ID:	43066

And as Heidi noted, perfect time for hot weather testing with it getting to 118 degree in parts of Germany yesterday. Thank you Heidi!

Here is that previous thread:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...y-corvette-nut
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thank you CarSpottersQVS for these pictures too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	30C1B572-9198-441F-9D28-ADF10FFDF48F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	231.1 KB ID:	43074

Click image for larger version  Name:	0CB0854E-52A4-4E13-9584-417DC35B61B8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	151.3 KB ID:	43073

Click image for larger version  Name:	F6C20318-7062-4407-9748-633810E8BA49.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	238.4 KB ID:	43072
      Last edited by John; 07-01-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	A68FB3B9-B820-44F4-B0C3-8609771E9EC1.jpeg
Views:	1556
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	43076Click image for larger version

Name:	2AAFE425-9E59-4A27-831A-24D17B8379FB.jpeg
Views:	1546
Size:	346.3 KB
ID:	43077

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	3F63FE59-5F7F-4374-A7EF-2CE5CBE03E15.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	265.4 KB ID:	43080

Comment

that seem like low oil pressure to me only 28-29psi

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              that seem like low oil pressure to me only 28-29psi
              I’m sure it’s got the variable rate oil pump as does the C7.
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

Well

The red line on the "digital tach screen" appeared to be 6K. Maybe the programing options allow for other digital tach screen configurations. .Maybe the programing allows multiple tach screens. 7K reline? 8K redline? But the redline displayed is 6K. The LT1 is 6.5K, is it? Is the LT1 always 6.5K? In all program modes?

The exhaust note was not an "in block cam cross plane crank" to my amateur ears. But was it a different sound because it is double overhead cam? Or a 180 degree crankshaft, instead of cross plane? Or both? Or just that I do not know what sounds like what?

But DOHC and flat plane cranks both tend to be correlated with higher red line, not lower red line. 6K??? So it a puzzle to that extent.

But this sounded like a different exhaust compared to what I have heard in previous videos.

I tried to but I could not hear the "burble", that home-sweet-home burble. But it has a a strong aggressive note. Maybe its just my old beat up ears. Except maybe at idle there was maybe a burble. But the open throttle exhaust was not. So. Will see.
                Last edited by SheepDog; 07-01-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Awesome sound and cool gauge display.
                  Thanks CarSpottersQVS.
                  There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                  2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                  79 coupe Silver/oyster
                  All one owner
                  Museum lifetime members

Comment

Didn't someone say "Corvette_Nut" really seems to have the inside scoop on things (Jalopnik or Corvette Blogger). I think the article was suggesting it's a GM employee LOL. Corvette_Nut also had the drop on this before anyone else did and this information is from "across the pond". Something fishy here Would this also seem to imply that 718.19 isn't the lap time? What if they turned a faster hot lap? Maybe a 7.4.19 and the whole reveal can be moved up 2 weeks LOLOLOLOL. This is all in jest so I'm just trying to have a little fun with it. 2 weeks and 3 days. Bring it!

Comment

At the 1:42 time the 2 C8's are pulling away from the gas station I am hearing a wind up of a turbo on the first car. Does anybody else hear that sound?

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post
                        At the 1:42 time the 2 C8's are pulling away from the gas station I am hearing a wind up of a turbo on the first car. Does anybody else hear that sound?
                        I heard that too.

Comment

This video ROCKS! Finally something new, so for from looking at the video I wonder if the new seats will be made by Sparco and look like these racing seats as they are bolstered to the hillt but accept a racing harness/seat belt.

Super exciting, we need more of this!
                          Last edited by Richrat; 07-01-2019, 09:30 PM.
                          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

For those earlier concerned that the divider between the driver and passenger side was too big, this should ease that. Picture thanks and credit to CarSpottersQVS!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2CA58322-F349-4E83-9325-657189C2EF8F.jpeg
Views:	1451
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	43116
                            Last edited by John; 07-01-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              For those earlier concerned that the divider between the driver and passenger side was too big, this should ease that. Picture thanks and credit to CarSpottersQVS!
                              This is clearly set up for the track. I would have to assume that this suggests this set up is an option and, just like all options, will add to the ticket! The digital dash is "hot!" It will certainly make for a large # of optional settings for the gauges. This car is going to rock!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X