What will we see on July 18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will we see on July 18?

After watching the 22 minute C7 reveal video several times, this is what I think Chevy will present on July 18. They will show multiple photo's and video's of the C8's design process telling the story of how this car was developed. They will answer the question so many will want answered WHY mid engined? The engine will be shown with details of improvements in performance and fuel mileage with estimates of how much horse power it has with the famous "we will annouce final performance figures close to launch".
    They will show interviews from all of the wonderfully talented engineers who are assigned to the C8 detailing all of the improvements they created with the new platform. As the interviews progress we start to see more revealing pictures of the C8. Then spotlights will shine on the C8 as it is driven out on stage. I can already see the smile on John's face when that C8 hits the stage. The brass of GM (Mark Reuss and Mary Barra) will likely do presentations followed by Tadge and company. Hopefully they will keep streaming after they finish the formal presentation and show the "Corvette Lounge" area where they did Q & A with the guests and engineers. Going to be a fun night for all us to see!!!

Great reminders of the C7 reveal in that video. Thanks 455SDguy!

You bring up a very important point that that C7 reveal video has nothing of the “Corvette Lounge” area. I too hope that they continue videoing this time into that area, especially showing all the display boards and component parts that are in that area. The display boards which we see at SEMA, NCM, Corvettes At Carlisle and many more places, add a lot of knowledge — critically important for our knowledge of our radically new mid engine car.

If GM does not video in the lounge area, however, I know that those parts would become seen in the next few days from the professional videographers/photographers who have been invited into that area. Additionally, though of lesser quality, there will be mega amounts of guest cell phone pictures that will also come out in the 48 hours after the event.

Anyone planning on getting any sleep in the first day or two after the event.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John no doubt the Corvette Lounge area will have a wealth of information to share with our Corvette family. I sure hope that you and Keith can get some good interviews of the engineers on video to share with us.

Comment

Where will one find the live stream of the event?
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
          Where will one find the live stream of the event?
          John will have the link at the top of the Forum home page for sure. Chevy has not released it yet but John has promised to have it posted as soon as the info is released.

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

John will have the link at the top of the Forum home page for sure. Chevy has not released it yet but John has promised to have it posted as soon as the info is released.
            Thanx!......😎
            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

We will; we will. Close to a 100% chance it would be on this site — the link we keep at the top of our Announcement” section all the time, e.g., the countdown clock.

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

Once GM officially confirms that site or another one, it would also be a very visual slider scrolling across the top of the home page.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I think that there will be some 'play' on the camo C8's running around...… perhaps they will bring one on stage that's covered in the camo and then draqmatically lift it off, including the fake padding, and reveal something way beyond our expectations..... I guess I can hope....

By the way, there will certainly be a link to the reveal on the Corvette Museum site.
                2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Thanks 455DsGuy. It is certainly getting exciting. Just hope I can get some sleep for the next few weeks. Then we have to wait for our cars to be ordered then delivered. Will this agony ever end, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                    Thanks 455DsGuy. It is certainly getting exciting. Just hope I can get some sleep for the next few weeks. Then we have to wait for our cars to be ordered then delivered. Will this agony ever end, lol
                    Totally agree ZORA 69!

I can't wait!!! Ready to order and pick up my new baby ASAP!
                    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

As a very smart person said to me this morning, “sleep is overrated; you can catch up when you’re dead.”

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X