MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Z06 Reveal Live Site

2 of 4 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
3 of 4 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

More Deception?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Deception?

From the new "ME Again N’Ring Testing As Asked By Corvette Nut" thread, I noticed something I have never seen before. There is a line in between the camo that is pretty obvious in this view, as circled in red below. Kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.

I don't have the software tools or skills that others here have, and it's only visual speculation on my part. But I believe that the area circled in red is just more padding under the camo wrap, and that area won't be there in 18 days.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=42995&amp;d=1561923191.jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.7 KB ID:	43000

Click image for larger version  Name:	Padding.jpg Views:	0 Size:	310.4 KB ID:	42999

Bob Sliwa
    "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
    Ludicrous Speed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWL8ejf2nM

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
    2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Thank you Shepherd777. Will it be an “outie” or an “innie”? Inquiring minds want to know, e.g., badly.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks Sheppard777. I have a tendency to believe we haven't a clue what is to be revealed. Well maybe a little hint. I like surprises

Comment

Me too. Please count me in the group that while it loves teasers like today, I do not want the final car to be revealed before 7.18.19
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I personally think its a plastic peice they made to cover the real air inlet, 3M VHB will hold anything in place. I have noticed on different mules the body lines that go across the entire side don't match up from mule to mule when you look at this specific peice.
          Last edited by Richrat; 07-01-2019, 09:22 PM.
          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd777 View Post
            From the new "ME Again N’Ring Testing As Asked By Corvette Nut" thread, I noticed something I have never seen before. There is a line in between the camo that is pretty obvious in this view, as circled in red below. Kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.

I don't have the software tools or skills that others here have, and it's only visual speculation on my part. But I believe that the area circled in red is just more padding under the camo wrap, and that area won't be there in 18 days.

Click image for larger version Name:	fetch?id=42995&amp;d=1561923191.jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.7 KB ID:	43000

Click image for larger version Name:	Padding.jpg Views:	0 Size:	310.4 KB ID:	42999

Thanks for point this out. It has been obvious for quite some time that the camo'd side scoops are very different than what we will see on the C8 when it is released. I have come to suspect that the car under the camo will look so difference than the camo'd cars seen in all the ITW videos that a lot of Corvette fans will be gobsmacked. The front fenders will clearly be different. However, I now suspect that even the interior will be different than the interior that we see in the ITW photos.

07-18-2019 is setting up for a surprising number of surprises.

Corvette Forever!

Comment

It’s just a guess since the side intakes have had so much controversy and it could be more about GM testing different configurations for engine cooling, aerodynamics and service access ability.

My thoughts and only because I owned an Audi R8 and about 6 other mid engine cars that I actually did my own maintenance on. Maybe it’s not all about deception and the lines are more about a panel to access vital components. When the car is in Camouflage it could be that those lines are more noticeable verses if the car was painted a solid color. The R8 depending on the engine had larger side intakes to get more air to the engine. I know many that had the V8 went with the larger V10 more pronounced side scoops it gave the car a more aggressive look. The R8 panels on each side are called side blades, they can be changed to many different colors or even carbon fiber on an Audi R8. They also serve a purpose for easy access to components of the car you can’t get to if the panel was not removable. If the panels were not removable parts of the engine would need to be removed to get to those components.
              Last edited by Fasttoys; 07-10-2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks Fasttoys. I always like to learn more.

Comment

Thanks Fasttoys, good info!

Comment

I didn't realize the R8's blades were removable for servicing FastToys. That's a clever design. I always liked them just from an appearance point of view, cool to know they were created that way for functional reasons too.

Comment

I will be surprised if part of the side scoop is on the door, i.e. the shark tooth.
                      Save the wave.

Comment

I've felt that section (and the part on the door) has been padding for a long time now, I laugh at those that swear up and down the big scoop on the testers and in the renders is accurate. Especially the part on the door. And as Richrat stated, every mule car looks different in these areas.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X