Great C8 article-Automotive Engineering magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great C8 article-Automotive Engineering magazine

The June issue has a nice, six page article about the genesis of the ME Corvette by Don Sherman including an inset about Gib Hufstader. Concludes with speculation on what the C8 will include. While rotary engines are mentioned several times, the Wankel name only appears on a photo description.
    John, you can move to the news thread if you care to.

Here's the link: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/sae/.../index.php#/32
    Save the wave.

Thanks 73 shark. That is a a great article, including that its major thesis that mid-engines have so many advantages in traction, handling and braking.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

73 Shark that was a very cool find. Even more great history which will be discussed again on 7-18-19 no doubt. Thanks very much for sharing!

Comment

Thanks for the link 73Shark. :thumbsup:

Comment

This was a disappointment to me, hoping that the convertible would be at the launch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 7.26.39 PM - Edited.png
Views:	344
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	42460

2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
          Spectra Grey Tridents.
          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

I would not accept one single media source as being accurate. We have seen so many single sources disagree with each other, and secondly, so many single media sources were significantly wrong on their C7 predictions, I would not assume much other than the the C8 will be an major upside surprise.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              I would not accept one single media source as being accurate. We have seen so many single sources disagree with each other, and secondly, so many single media sources were significantly wrong on their C7 predictions, I would not assume much other than the the C8 will be an major upside surprise.
              It also says customer deliveries well before the end of 2019, when everything we've seen indicates early 2020.

Comment

Thanks JustOneMore, e.g., good point in picking up on that further inaccuracy.

Comment

Thanks for sharing 73shark! Great read for every Corvette enthusiast.
                  Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Great article! Thanks for posting. Especially good reference for why mid-engine is superior for vehicle dynamics. Porsche has known this a long time.
                    Weekly sports car news
                    https://www.youtube.com/revmatchtv

Comment

Great writing .Thanks to 73shark

Don Sherman has long predicted that the C8 will be a force.

Comment

Very compelling article - Soul food for any Corvette / Zora enthusiast. Thank you 73Shark!

Comment

Thank You 73 Shark, I enjoyed the article.

Comment

Agree with those above ... thx 73 Shark

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X