Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

The single largest contributor to C8 discussion!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The single largest contributor to C8 discussion!

    I have wondered to myself, for a few days now, just what has been the most significant contribution by any posting or conversation to the various topics of the impending Corvette Zora. I spent time pondering this to try to come up with what has been the driving force for all of the conversations in the last couple years. I kept going back to the posting on the other site that exposed the leaked CAD drawings. It has routinely been the reason that there is any topic of conversation regarding any details about the C8. It has been the single most important ingredient to virtually all topics, whether directly or indirectly. We owe a huge note of thanks to the person that posted that thread.

  • #2
    Agree 99% ... the other 1% was the Micky Dee pix ... for me anyway

    Comment


    • #3
      Maybe. I think it is the enthusiasm by all and the love we have for Corvette.

      Comment


      • #4
        Another major contributor IMO was the Jalopnik leaked specs. However, we also remember how much the list of potential components compiled by “skank” — still alive and re-looked at by some even now, also sparked a ton of conversation.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

        Comment


        • #5
          That first leak may have been the spark to ignite the conversations ,but for the last year I’ve been on the renderings and continual refinements by FVS and CHAZ have led the way on every detail,I.e. color, hood, scoop,lights,rear end, etc. Their work has kept most of us at a high level anticipation.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Don Jorgenson View Post
            That first leak may have been the spark to ignite the conversations ,but for the last year I’ve been on the renderings and continual refinements by FVS and CHAZ have led the way on every detail,I.e. color, hood, scoop,lights,rear end, etc. Their work has kept most of us at a high level anticipation.
            Couldn't agree more Don!

            Thanks FVS & CHAZ, your time and effort have really been essential to keeping this forum ALIVE IMO!

            7/18/19 can't come soon enough! Tired of looking at pool noodles and cammo.
            Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

            Comment


            • #7
              Also a HUGE thanks to John for your wisdom and guidance!

              Cheers!
              Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

              Comment


              • #8
                This new forum headed by John has transformed the Corvette world into a all knowing source of Information. MECF consistantly is ahead of CF on new information on this C8. It's refreshing to read a well controlled intellectual forum where only serious Corvette enthusiasts are thriving. No wonder this forum is the most followed by the media. Thanks John.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Skank View Post
                  This new forum headed by John has transformed the Corvette world into a all knowing source of Information. MECF consistantly is ahead of CF on new information on this C8. It's refreshing to read a well controlled intellectual forum where only serious Corvette enthusiasts are thriving. No wonder this forum is the most followed by the media. Thanks John.
                  Very well said Skank. My opinion as well. John is the BEST!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I want to add that the Code Name Zerv thread (on CF) is clearly the single largest treasure trove of information on the C8. The ability by many enthusiasts to read and interpret the CAD files was huge. So many knowledgable people sifted through these color coded drawings and figured out what was in the C8 chassis and internals. The top renderers utilized these drawings and other photos to come remarkably close to what will be a 95% accurate interpretation of the real and final car. Then there is Jag and John that have documented the Patent and Trademark filings to follow GM's path of tech patents. It will be fun to see how close all of this info we collected will prove accurate.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John View Post
                      Another major contributor IMO was the Jalopnik leaked specs. However, we also remember how much the list of potential components compiled by “skank” — still alive and re-looked at by some even now, also sparked a ton of conversation.
                      John, as you know, I am a huge proponent of the merit of that list. However, that list owes better then 50% - 60% of it's details to the Zerv leaked CAD drawings.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Don Jorgenson View Post
                        That first leak may have been the spark to ignite the conversations ,but for the last year I’ve been on the renderings and continual refinements by FVS and CHAZ have led the way on every detail,I.e. color, hood, scoop,lights,rear end, etc. Their work has kept most of us at a high level anticipation.
                        Those renders would not be as close as they are without the leaked CAD drawings. Of course, seeing the camo covered entourage at Nurburgring helped immeasurably as well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Keep in mind that this thread on the other forum is 37 pages long! It got 731 responses to date! It is a predecessor to all other things remotely related to it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                            Also a HUGE thanks to John for your wisdom and guidance!

                            Cheers!
                            What about his patience and conciliatory talents
                            LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package
                            Delivered September 16, 2020

                            Comment

                            MECF_728x90_bottom

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X