Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Dealer not willing to work on the paint chip issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer not willing to work on the paint chip issue

First of all I am not complaining but rather just telling the story.

I unfortunately have some paint chips around the headlight assembly which is a known issue. And there are some other minor cosmetic issues, like panel alignment, etc. that I would like to get fixed.

So I went to Criswell for help. The gentleman from the body shop department was very knowledgeable and took some really detailed pictures around the car. He mentioned he would send these to GM for approval.

About 4 weeks later I followed up with him. He asked whether I purchased the car from Criswell. Upon knowing that I got the car elsewhere, he told me that his manager had this policy that they don't perform any body shop warranty job on a non-Criswell car. He then ensured that if the issues were mechanical, they can still take my car in, just not body shop items.

He explained that in the past, they have had several occasions where GM initially approved the repairs, but declined to pay up when the job was done, and the dealership had to eat the cost eventually.

I have been to Criswell three times for various maintenance needs since I got my 2022 in March (Yes I am a track rat and abuse my car). They have always been a great help. I believe the stories they told me, and therefore I think GM probably was not acting fairly in these situations.

That's it! Thank you for reading my poorly organized article.
    2022 2LT Coupe\Z51\Accelerate Yellow Metallic\Mag Ride\Comp Seat\My track toy and grocery getter

Originally posted by ]davidchentl View Post

About 4 weeks later I followed up with him. He asked whether I purchased the car from Criswell. Upon knowing that I got the car elsewhere, he told me that his manager had this policy that they don't perform any body shop warranty job on a non-Criswell car. He then ensured that if the issues were mechanical, they can still take my car in, just not body shop items.

That's it! Thank you for reading my poorly organized article.
    Nice article. My dealer doesn't have a body shop. You saying you were denied warranty service?

Comment

I had the same paint issue and I bought my car from Criswell, but since I live in South Dakota the dealer I use was very accommodating and took care of the issues and continues to be my go to service dealer.. both dealerships are very good in my opinion…
      3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

That really sucks. I'm surprised to hear that about Criswell.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Nice article. My dealer doesn't have a body shop. You saying you were denied warranty service?
          Yep. I don't want to fight their decision as I've always had good experiences with them thus I believe it's not an easy decision for them as well.
          2022 2LT Coupe\Z51\Accelerate Yellow Metallic\Mag Ride\Comp Seat\My track toy and grocery getter

Comment

Might also be that their body shop is back up and so busy that they decided to put customers that purchased vehicles from them at the front of the line as a way of showing good customer service after purchasing a vehicle from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarman View Post
              Might also be that their body shop is back up and so busy that they decided to put customers that purchased vehicles from them at the front of the line as a way of showing good customer service after purchasing a vehicle from them.
              The OP specifically said that Criswell wouldn't do it because they got skunked by GM in the past - not that they're busy with cars sold by them - at least that's what I'm led to believe.

I'ld hate to think that dealers would use that same excuse/reasoning as a new standard as I purchased my '22 from MacMulkin and I live in FL., so this paint chip nonsense, and subsequent servicing outcome is something with which I am concerned.

To the OP: I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Call Chevrolet CAC. They will get it resolved.

Comment

Not calling you out, but your story really doesn't make any sense to me. For many people the fit and finish of a car is important, and I see that some things would not be acceptable. Finding that at the delivering dealer makes more sense.

BUT:

You are a track rat and you state you abuse your car. Why would you care about paint chips or body panel issues in the first place? Your car will have a short service life before either conditions or judgement causes a partial or total write off. Why take time from any body shop when ultimately there is little ultimate purpose for the work?

Comment

Originally posted by cor66vette View Post

The OP specifically said that Criswell wouldn't do it because they got skunked by GM in the past - not that they're busy with cars sold by them - at least that's what I'm led to believe.

I'ld hate to think that dealers would use that same excuse/reasoning as a new standard as I purchased my '22 from MacMulkin and I live in FL., so this paint chip nonsense, and subsequent servicing outcome is something with which I am concerned.

To the OP: I hope it works out for you.
                    Thanks! I have contacted my selling dealer and they should be able to take care of my car.

Comment

Originally posted by International blue View Post
                      Not calling you out, but your story really doesn't make any sense to me. For many people the fit and finish of a car is important, and I see that some things would not be acceptable. Finding that at the delivering dealer makes more sense.

BUT:

You are a track rat and you state you abuse your car. Why would you care about paint chips or body panel issues in the first place? Your car will have a short service life before either conditions or judgement causes a partial or total write off. Why take time from any body shop when ultimately there is little ultimate purpose for the work?
                      I took the car to the track very often but it's not a race car. I still want to daily drive the car and keep it look nice. I have PPF on the car, and applies additional protective films to the car whenever I hit the track. Also the panel gap is between the roof and the window which will create a whistling sound at highway speed. It's not just cosmetic but annoying.
                      And the pain chip is not something that came with the car. It develops as the headlight assembly rubs against the body panels, which is a known quality control issue.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X