Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Z06 Reveal Live Site

2 of 4 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
3 of 4 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

Rapid Blue, Watkins Glen Grey or Black

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rapid Blue, Watkins Glen Grey or Black

    Hi All,

    Still waiting to find out what Rapid Blue looks like. Also John said it costs GM a lot to make new colors. So will Watkins Glen Grey be offered?

    I love blue and if RB is a bright metallic blue then I'm in. If not my second color choice is WGG but we don't know if its going to be offered. I personally do not like Shadow grey, in the sun its way to blue for me...But I really like a metallic gun metal grey.

    Can anyone help a brother out a leak a small picture of the color...
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

  • #2
    If Elkhart Lake Blue is returning, as the leaked option list suggested, then would GM create another bright metallic blue as well? Or are you hoping Rapid Blue is even lighter?

    Personally, I'm curious about the Accelerate Yellow Metallic. Since the C7's current Corvette Racing Yellow isn't metallic, I wonder if this new yellow will be slightly deeper and richer.

    Hopefully at the reveal GM will show off all the colors, not just a select few, and we'll know for sure!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Klinn View Post
      If Elkhart Lake Blue is returning, as the leaked option list suggested, then would GM create another bright metallic blue as well? Or are you hoping Rapid Blue is even lighter?

      Personally, I'm curious about the Accelerate Yellow Metallic. Since the C7's current Corvette Racing Yellow isn't metallic, I wonder if this new yellow will be slightly deeper and richer.

      Hopefully at the reveal GM will show off all the colors, not just a select few, and we'll know for sure!
      Not sure Klinn, Rapid blue is also in the leaked C8 order sheet. IMO it sounds like a bright metallic blue. Your right though, that wouldn't make much sense.

      Oh well, 28 more days and we will know what's real and what was propaganda to throw us off.

      Cheers!
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

      Comment


      • #4
        I do not feel GM will be offering two blue options

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
          I do not feel GM will be offering two blue options
          Interesting take ZORA 69, if that’s true then the leaked order form is propaganda to throw us off the scent. GM has done an amazing job so far keeping the C8 info/specs under wraps. Look at the Poor job Toyota did with the BMW powered Supra, every detail was leaked months before the official announcement.

          Maybe Rapid Blue is a light blue keeping tradition of having both a light and dark blue? We will find out soon.

          7-18-19 can’t come soon enough my friends!
          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

          Comment


          • #6
            With GM introducing several new colors it would seem likely some of the old colors will be discontinued. IMHO ELB will be gone as blue is a color range that allows the cars lines to be exposed especially a lighter shade. Seems there will be a bronze/brown color, a metallic yellow and a few others, so alot to look forward to.

            Comment


            • #7
              Click image for larger version

Name:	119029DE-4FA2-4617-AB05-0C88F2E6A9A5.png
Views:	479
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	41838 I too am hoping for EL Blue Metallic or something similar this time around. Definitely want a Metallic base for deeper livelier color in the sun.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by xzotklr View Post
                With GM introducing several new colors it would seem likely some of the old colors will be discontinued. IMHO ELB will be gone as blue is a color range that allows the cars lines to be exposed especially a lighter shade. Seems there will be a bronze/brown color, a metallic yellow and a few others, so alot to look forward to.
                It is unlikely that Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic will be discontinued as it is a 2019 new color and color development/implementation is a very costly process. Also it is selling well. Lastly, in the Jalopnik leak specs, if accurate, it is shown it as a 2020 ME color

                Will Rapid Blue, shown as a new color on the Jalopnik leak, be a lighter blue like a Lambo blue?

                Click image for larger version

Name:	21C23966-7FEB-4171-8B1A-38EFCF72A0CB.jpeg
Views:	464
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	41842






                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                  Hi All,

                  Still waiting to find out what Rapid Blue looks like. Also John said it costs GM a lot to make new colors. So will Watkins Glen Grey be offered?

                  I love blue and if RB is a bright metallic blue then I'm in. If not my second color choice is WGG but we don't know if its going to be offered. I personally do not like Shadow grey, in the sun its way to blue for me...But I really like a metallic gun metal grey.

                  Can anyone help a brother out a leak a small picture of the color...
                  Not sure from your post if you are judging SGM from the photos that are around, or if you have seen it in person. This is a strange colour in some ways. My first impression was that it was hardly blue at all. I think the blue is exaggerated in some of the pictures I've seen. I have been to my dealer twice now to look at SGM and always thought that it looked bluer in my photos than my eye experienced. I suggest you find a car this colour to see for yourself if you haven't already. Maybe it's just a good reflector of a blue sky?

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181119_104528787.jpg Views:	7 Size:	1.26 MB ID:	41847
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190525_110754334.jpg Views:	7 Size:	959.1 KB ID:	41848

                  Last edited by Bikerjulio; 06-23-2019, 12:18 PM.
                  2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                  Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                  2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                  Spectra Grey Tridents.
                  Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

                    This is a strange colour in some ways. My first impression was that it was hardly blue at all. I think the blue is exaggerated in some of the pictures I've seen. I have been to my dealer twice now to look at SGM and always thought that it looked bluer in my photos than my eye experienced. I suggest you find a car this colour to see for yourself. Maybe it's just a good reflector of a blue sky?

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181119_104528787.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	41847
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190525_110754334.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	959.1 KB
ID:	41848




                    When you see a real gun metal grey and shadow blue next to each other in the sun There’s a huge difference and the blue on SGM stands out IMO.



















                    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nice thing about SGM and the other probable 8 that are continuing for the ME, is that we can find one at a Chevy dealer. As noted by many smart folks before, we need to see a color in low light, cloudy, rainy and sunny conditions to be sure that is the one for us (or LOL to eliminate it).
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                          Hi All,

                          Still waiting to find out what Rapid Blue looks like. Also John said it costs GM a lot to make new colors. So will Watkins Glen Grey be offered?

                          I love blue and if RB is a bright metallic blue then I'm in. If not my second color choice is WGG but we don't know if its going to be offered. I personally do not like Shadow grey, in the sun its way to blue for me...But I really like a metallic gun metal grey.

                          Can anyone help a brother out a leak a small picture of the color...
                          Since Elkhart Lake Blue is probably going to be one of the colors available, I am going to guess by this fact and by the name "Rapid Blue", that it will be that kind of sporty blue that has become prevalent in the past few years, for example, like this color on the FRS: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...uAD9LHoLUfF24R
                          Anyway, that is my best guess with the limited info available. That kind of color is unappealing to me since I prefer metallic depth, and this sporty blue is always very flat in every version I have seen. I would probably consider a color like the below pic of the c2 corvette though.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by z8ra; 06-24-2019, 12:40 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think Chaz might be close on what Rapid Blue might look like in this post: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ks-to-chazcron

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by z8ra View Post

                              Since Elkhart Lake Blue is probably going to be one of the colors available, I am going to guess by this fact and by the name "Rapid Blue", that it will be that kind of sporty blue that has become prevalent in the past few years, for example, like this color on the FRS: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...uAD9LHoLUfF24R
                              Anyway, that is my best guess with the limited info available. That kind of color is unappealing to me since I prefer metallic depth, and this sporty blue is always very flat in every version I have seen. I would probably consider a color like the below pic of the c2 corvette though.
                              That 64 Silver Blue is perfect and exactly what I'm hoping for on the C8. Just a bit lighter than Elkhart.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X