Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette: Meet NCM’s Director of Collections & Education Brian Baker

The National Corvette Museum continues to add A-List talent to their roster! On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to the new Director of Collections & Education at the Museum, Brian Baker. https://youtu.be/Soa0Cpikv3k; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...JQPOZZgm2OBhQ4. Brian has a rich working history with General Motors and actually was the designer of the SSR! Brian joined the NCM recently and has a wonderful vision of the future for the Museum. You'll hear all about that in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

VISIT THE WEBSITE, LISTEN TO THE SHOW, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND SHOP IN THE MERCHANDISE STORE AT:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Your Lottery Z06 Christmas Present

Tired of waiting and want a long shot to get your Z06? I have two friends who between them have won three new Corvettes. Is this your Christmas self-present? https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...iversary-coupe. Might you be the third friend who wins a Corvette lottery by buying just one ticket? Of course still going to be many months until you are driving it, but if you win a heck of lot cheaper than your/my other plan.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Trip meter surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip meter surprise

Until yesterday, I had never reset Trip Meter 2. It showed total miles (handy, since the track mode display doesn't include an odometer), avg speed since new, and avg MPG since new. I looked at it a few days ago, and it said 9999.9 miles. Cool I thought, it's about to turn over to 0 when I hit 10,000 miles. It...... never changed.

I switched the mode to Tour, and saw my ODO was at 10,007. Trip 2 still shows 9999.9. Apparently, when the trip meter maxes out, it just.... stops. I left it there for a couple of days, and nothing changed. Not avg mpg, not avg speed. This seems pretty odd. Every other car I've had the trip meter cycles to zero and continues recording. I was kind of hoping to get lifetime mpg displayed there as I continue to rack up miles, but that's not possible. There's a lifetime fuel usage display, so I can still calculate the number, but it really seems odd to just freeze the trip meter.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

The programmers had a bad day. GM should make an OTA update to correct this. Maybe nobody made them aware until now?
    Last edited by ABorC; 09-22-2022, 08:31 PM. Reason: no need for quote
    Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Well, it is a trip meter, designed to record data between fill ups. They probably thought 9999.9 was plenty since the C8 would take several tanks of gas to get there, and many meters get to 10K without being reset.

Comment

Interesting. Ive never reset either of my trips and I just rolled over 10K couple days ago. Now I have to go look!
        2022 Red Mist Coupe 3LT/Z51

Comment

I don't know that it's designed to record "distance between fill ups." It's designed to record whatever the owner considers a "trip." If I want to keep track of mileage for a trip cross country and back, that's a lot more than one fill up. Yes, 10K is probably enough for most "trips," but shouldn't I get to define a trip, rather than GM? Like I said, every other car I've owned with a trip computer lets me decide when to end it.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Seems odd they would do that.

Even my Silverado goes over 9999.9. Trip 2 is currently at 28,xxx since I've never reset it.
            1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
            2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Congratulations to the 10K C8 club!
              What an enjoyable milestone.
              2023 C8 HTC 3LT Z51 black with red dipped, Q9A wheels.
              2023 Z06 HTC 1LZ black on black, Comp seats, suede steering wheel, black wheels at 3400 11/28 TPW

Comment

Same thing happened to me @10k miles, I enjoyed checking my lifetime mpg. I was bummed, but 6K miles later I enjoy seeing my new stats. My 10k’s miles are more spirited. Can’t wait for the 20k’s ✌️
                Last edited by teamjerry; 09-22-2022, 10:42 PM.

Comment

That is a bummer. I usually keep Trip 2 as “lifetime” numbers and I reset Trip 1 every time I fill up. I too just rolled over 10,000 miles, yesterday in fact. I haven’t looked at Trip 2 since yesterday though. I’ll try to remember to check it next time I’m out for a drive.

Comment

I keep trip 1 for between fill ups. I use Trip 2 for between oil changes.

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post
                      That is a bummer. I usually keep Trip 2 as “lifetime” numbers and I reset Trip 1 every time I fill up. I too just rolled over 10,000 miles, yesterday in fact. I haven’t looked at Trip 2 since yesterday though. I’ll try to remember to check it next time I’m out for a drive.
                      I did the same thing only I used trip 1 for "lifetime" and trip two for the duration of each road trip.

But, after filling up to go on a 2.5k mile road trip, I accidentally reset trip 1 and lost my "lifetime" info and was frustrated I did that. The car had about 9k miles when I did the reset.

Now I'm not so frustrated since it looks like it wouldn't have mattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymurgy View Post
                        I keep trip 1 for between fill ups. I use Trip 2 for between oil changes.
                        I just let the OLM keep track of oil changes. Mileage really doesn't tell me much given I'm always due for a change before 7500 miles.

Comment

Yup. Checked mine today. Stuck at 9,999.9. I wonder if an OTA update (if GM even does one) will restore the total trip miles?
                          2022 Red Mist Coupe 3LT/Z51

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X