Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Good News From BGA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    Another great BGA day = 184 cars yesterday. This is the lowest production this week. Here’s to another good day tomorrow and then we get our Saturday bonus day too.
    I really wonder why we are getting a bonus day of production. I almost wonder if they are anticipating another week shut down. Maybe they have about enough parts for 6 days of full production? Just a guess, and I hope not. Just feels very strange getting an extra day.

Comment

Wow, again you take good news (this is going to be a record, the # 1 C8 production) week, we just started customer Z06 SORP two days ago, and you turn things into future fear — just as your snide comment two days ago about headlight chipping . Are you aware you are doing that on several on your recent posts?

This is the CORVETTE world. It is FUN! Nothing is life is perfect. We celebrate progress here on MECF especially when we have had good news this entire week.
      2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The power of POSITIVE thinking. It should be contagious! It makes my 2020 ELB C8 happy to dream about her sister...but conception is still a (wet) dream!

Comment

Is BGA working a double shift today 9/24/22?

Comment

Yes, MECF was the place which broke that news days ago.
            2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

928 C8’s made at BGA last week. Thanks little birdie for that info.

Comment

928 C8’s made at BGA last week. Thanks little birdie for that info.
                LOL, same error everyone makes. They forget to count the first vin. It was actually 929.
                12391 - 11463 = 928 + 1

Edit: That would be Stingrays and not counting the 3 Z06's that supposedly were built and the 70ths
                Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

929 is even better. Thanks. I can confirm that there were additionally three customer Z06’s completed last week. Two of those were 70th Anniversary cars; one was not.

Comment

Wow, again you take good news (this is going to be a record, the # 1 C8 production) week, we just started customer Z06 SORP two days ago, and you turn things into future fear — just as your snide comment two days ago about headlight chipping . Are you aware you are doing that on several on your recent posts?

This is the CORVETTE world. It is FUN! Nothing is life is perfect. We celebrate progress here on MECF especially when we have had good news this entire week.
                    Just trying to look at the situation from all angles. Since we don't know why the Saturday production was scheduled it just lets the mind wonder. I have been in the auto business for 20 years in dealerships and body shops, so I always plan for the worst case and hope for the best.

I always hope I'm wrong when I try to view the worst case, but in this business the worst case does happen far more than we like.

I agree Corvette is a fun vehicle, as soon as I have mine I'm sure I will enjoy the vehicle much more.

Being I don't have the vehicle yet I do worry about Delays, Transmission issues, Paint issues, etc. (but I think that's normal if you don't have the vehicle yet)

I apologize if you didn't like my comments, but not everything is always sunshine and roses.

Comment

When there are bad things that are fact based they belong here but endless speculation that the sky is falling with any basis is neither pleasant nor appropriate on a good news from BGA thread. Bowling Green Assembly produced a record 929 new C8’s this past week and that did not count the Z06’s start of customer production. Both of those things are really good news that I am celebrating.

Comment

Z06’s being built NOW. The BGA good news continues. But please before anyone thinks that the super slow ramp up is moving to any pace than that, that would be a wrong assumption. They are conducting their roll out just at the pace they originally envisioned. That more Z06’s are right this second going down the line remains excellent news. It means that the incredible, greatly-extra QC evaluations on the first Z06’s is showing, “keep on building them just as we are,” i.e., nothing has been found to result in a Z06 building time out.

Not that the latter could not later short time occur (just as it did intermittently during the several month C8 Stingray ramp up time), but we will now take further progression with a big smile.

Comment

Last week = 2nd best C8 production week ever. Thanks to MurrayC8 for this information.

Originally posted by Murrary20c8
                          The week of January 11th 2021 was the same 929;

However, the week of Jan 10th of 2022 they built 1036;

So it's 2nd place likely since there were 3 Z06's and a few 70ths that were built.​

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X