Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Good News From BGA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    Whoa. Of course they are checked. Ever pushed on a sheet molded Corvette panel? They are flexible. Over time things can shift, especially when there are 5,000 parts on the car, hundreds of road bumps, potholes etc.
    John's right. SMC panels are, by nature, never going to be as consistent as a stamped metal piece, and they do flex, expand, and contract. It's a trade-off. You can either have a much heavier car with consistent gaps, or you can accept a bit more variability to have better performance.

Comment

Did you see this morning, now for the fifth month in a row, Toyota’s monthly production is again down sharply, noting that their last month production was over 100,000 units less than its previous month — again month after month after month of massive, progressive declines?}
      John since you brought up Toyota. I had a family member who I went with to order a 4 Runner back in February. We walked in and she told the salesman she wanted to order a 4 runner with several options. He smiled and said let us look at the options available. So they went through them one by one, then he said, what are your options you have to have and won’t deviate from? She said paint color. He said great because we do not get to order 4 runners with different options. We get what Toyota sends. When we have some come in we will call you and give you the options on the car Toyota sent, you can take it or wait for another. She was very fortunate and received her 4 runner in two weeks with most of what she wanted, several items which was not on her list. Can you imagine walking into your Chevy dealer and not being able to order your Corvette with exactly how you want it? Think about it you meet with your dealer and set up your options. Then you get a call and even though you wanted to get a red 3LT, instead the salesman says nope sorry we only have a black 1LT coming in this week with these options, do you want it, if not we are calling the next person in line.

Comment

Good point alton and we experienced identically in getting our 2021 RAV4 Prime. When they first came out they were as scarce at initial C8’s. And in most markets still are commanding ADM. The first two arrived six months after we gave a deposit and both were stripped models — for just as you noted, one does not get to order the options you want for Toyota makes whatever they wish and then ships it to different dealers to sell. We passed on both.

Then two more came in that we also unacceptable to us. Finally the 5th one arrived within our state and it was pretty close to what we wanted, or course having some “port installed” options we did not want but had to nonetheless pay for. That is what we are driving and loving, but certainly no color, option or other choices when dealing with Toyota, i.e., we care less what you customer wants, for we will make them exactly as we please.
        2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John Every time you post here I’m thinking (hoping) that you have posted a photo of the first Z06 coming off the production line! C’mon Man! 😂 lol
          I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

Me too! I am waiting for such a picture to be sent by media.chevrolet. When I receive it, I will right then post it.
            2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

My car was built second shift on a Friday, and has had no problems at all.
              I was joking. But I don't want a car built on Saturday (yes another joke)

Comment

Not to worry for your will be build by virtual BGA staff on Sunday…

Comment

Not to worry for your will be build by virtual BGA staff on Sunday…
                  I can imagine me driving it now. It is a sweet ride

Comment

Good point alton and we experienced identically in getting our 2021 RAV4 Prime. When they first came out they were as scarce at initial C8’s. And in most markets still are commanding ADM. The first two arrived six months after we gave a deposit and both were stripped models — for just as you noted, one does not get to order the options you want for Toyota makes whatever they wish and then ships it to different dealers to sell. We passed on both.

Then two more came in that we also unacceptable to us. Finally the 5th one arrived within our state and it was pretty close to what we wanted, or course having some “port installed” options we did not want but had to nonetheless pay for. That is what we are driving and loving, but certainly no color, option or other choices when dealing with Toyota, i.e., we care less what you customer wants, for we will make them exactly as we please.
                    Yikes, "Oh what a Feeling!" 🙄

When we purchased our '07 300C, I knew what I wanted, a Brilliant-Black Crystal Pearl HEMI w/ only a sunroof as an option. I did an inventory search and found 3 VINs in my state that fit that exactly. Then I went into the dealership and told the salesman that if they could do a dealer-swap w/ one of these dealers, they would have a sale. 2 days later I was driving it home.

When we purchased my wife's '13 SRX, again we knew what we wanted, a Xenon-Blue, AWD, Performance trim, chrome 10-spoke wheels, Saddle interior, no DVD and no fancy vibrating seat (well, that's what SHE wanted, I wanted a Opulent Blue Metallic CTS-V M6 wagon! 😍). Did the same thing, went to the dealer and told the salesman if he could find one like we wanted and do a dealer swap, we'd buy it from him. He got on his computer and found 3, but they were not perfect fits. We picked the one that came closest, only gave up the AWD and got a FWD.

So after these experiences of being able to get a car exactly like we wanted or very close (not even "ordering it from the factory"), we are "spoiled rotten" and can't fathom going to a dealer and just taking something they have off the lot.

Patiently waiting to order a 202X 2LZ Z06 coupe, BLK, RED Two-Tone GT2s

Comment

Originally posted by My1stVette View Post
                      My TPW is week of 9/26...but if they somehow start earlier on 9/24, that is my birthday and how cool would that be to have mine built on that date?
                      My1stVette, I was very lucky and the stars aligned for me. My TPW was a week before my birthday in August and I thought it would be so cool to have my car be born on the same day. Based on the daily build numbers it didn't look possible. However, my wish came true due to a parts shortage and my C8 was built on my birthday! Wow I was excited. I checked with Shane at the NCM to see if there were any GM documents or other momentos that would memorialize the day but was told no. Good luck with your build!

Comment

Now that we know a couple Z06s were built, I wonder if they will make some more on Saturday? I need some more good news; I have lost about 3 Z06s in the stock market this week. It would be nice to move past 3000 status soon to cheer me up.

Comment

Sorry but they will not. They are proceeding exactly as GM has outlined since January, e.g., a slow ramp up. They have a few more scheduled next week; a few more the successive weeks beyond that. As they do intensive quality control reviews on those first one month large handful they might speed things up a small amount. This is echoing the very slow ramp up of the C8 Stingray. They took several (not just a couple) of months to get it to full production

We got great news yesterday about the start of regular Z06 production and already folks are looking for miracles. Ain’t going to happen and as soon as folks cool their jets, then maybe things will speed up.

I put my own Z06 plans seven months into the future due to the way the allocation cards were dealt to me; Mike Furman reminded me I had first asked to be put on his C8 Z06 list on February 1, 2015 and you do not hear me bellyaching.

Be doing lots of happy dances you have a Z06 allocation!

Comment

Maybe “wishful thinking” coupled with “low expectations”……👍
                            I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

Yep. Low expectations is again what GM has told us since January’s Barrett Jackson presentation/Q&A. And told us many times since. They are many times told us that they are deliberately rolling them out slowly to insure that their initial quality meets all their standards.

Comment

Another great BGA day = 184 cars yesterday. This is the lowest production this week. Here’s to another good day tomorrow and then we get our Saturday bonus day too.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X