Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Good News From BGA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News From BGA!

Not only were 195 Stingrays built yesterday, but we have the following excellent news. Parts must be flowing recently, for day before yesterday they did 186 more.

Hi John,

We shared with the team today that we are scheduled for a 2-shift production operation this Saturday, September 24th.

Thanks!
    Rachel Bagshaw
    Communications Manager, Manufacturing
    Bowling Green Assembly Plant
    Click image for larger version

Name:	391ED066-5821-4518-A50F-1060AE3026FE.jpg
Views:	4657
Size:	749.6 KB
ID:	412792
    2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

And might there be more good news coming around the corner? Birdies are practicing their vocals but timing is unknown yet.
    2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My TPW is week of 9/26...but if they somehow start earlier on 9/24, that is my birthday and how cool would that be to have mine built on that date?
      2023 Stingray

Live your best life now!

Comment

SUPER cool. We hope that happens for you. What a birthday present that would be. Better get a really big bow!

Comment

Could darkhorse recent reveal make gm react and rethink they need to get going faster so they don't lose customers?
          Thanks,
          Steve

Currently have 2014 Z51, Have a deposit for 2023 C8 Z07 3LZ 😁
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          95 on MM Z06 list. Will be Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone red interior, visible carbon fiber wheels, and Z07 with every piece of visible carbon fiber OEM acquire-able.https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ilies/cool.png
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

No. GM is already doing and has been doing all they an considering the part supply nightmare? Did you see that Ford today announced that they have 45,000 vehicles that are basically finished but can not be delivered due to a critical part they do not have.

Comment

The darkhorse is a big car with a front engine and rear drive. Not in the same class as the mid engine layout. Too very different cars. The 7th gen is a refresh not a new design.
              Red mist C8. Z51 coupe.

2023 Z06 wait list # 396 current #394 at Ciocca Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                No. GM is already doing and has been doing all they an considering the part supply nightmare? Did you see that Ford today announced that they have 45,000 vehicles that are basically finished but can not be delivered due to a critical part they do not have.
                Saw that. Mostly pickups and SUV's which are obviously their bread and butter.

Comment

Oh be still my heart.... This could be the chance to finally get the MSRP 70th Anniversary ordered...... Cannot wait to see the Allocations for October... Need to start that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by smajicek View Post
                    Could darkhorse recent reveal make gm react and rethink they need to get going faster so they don't lose customers?
                    Most aesthetic thing about Dark Horse is its name I tried to like the new Camaro..eh..Mustang, but after a couple days had to admit that the dash and bland exterior design are too great a hurdle for me-although they succeeded with mechanical/performance aspect of the refresh.
                    Will be sticking with C8s. I am sure the C9 will not disappoint either.

Comment

Now if my car would move past 3000 it's been there since 8/23. Hoping any day now!!!!

Comment

Wow this great...my prod date is 09/27 but looking at prod numbers it seemed it's already moved up by a day. Now with Sat prod it might finish this week VIN#12368. My birthday is Oct 10th it would be great to get the car by my birthday!
                        2023 Corvette Stingray 3LT conv ELB with Red/Black interior
                        03/28 Joined waiting list with deposit
                        07/29 Dealer allocation and order placed
                        08/04 Status 3000
                        09/06 Status 3300 TPW 09/19
                        09/23 Production day #12368

Comment

I have also learned of a Z06’s production that similarly moved closer by that same one day!

Progress for both SR and Z06 assembly.

Comment

Could Saturday's special 2 shifts be a dedicated Z06 prep/build day? I know Kai said no Z06's back-to-back but since it's a rare Saturday workday, it would not be too surprising and maybe they could build 50 of them across both shifts. Just a wild guess on my part.
                            2023 Stingray

Live your best life now!

Comment

Hello John,

Have you received a TPW for your C8?

I have not recently checked in to see if you
                              have taken delivery

Bob

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...