MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

Newest C8 Competitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest C8 Competitors

Porsche’s 718 GT4 and Spyder versions are great cars. Check out this Motor 1 article should you wish to learn more. A few highlights here for you.

414 HP; 309 TQ; fantastic handling, fantastic engineering, and starting at a fantastic price, e.g. at $95,000— and that is without any of the super-many, but-not-inexpensive options.

Does 0-60 in 4.4 seconds with 95% out the door over $110K speak to you? Load it up and my guess is that you could approach $135,000, maybe more.

However, both do have a manual transmission standard.

Originally posted by Motor1
    Redline is a sky-high 8,000 rpm, while the engine’s approximately 414 horsepower peak at a heady 7,600rpm and its 310 pound-feet of torque is available between 5,000-6,800 rpm. Those figures allow both the GT4 and Spyder to reach 62 miles per hour in 4.4 seconds and hit top speeds of 188 mph and 187 mph, respectively. Both models retain manual transmissions, although the gearboxes are saddled with lengthy gear ratios that allow the duo to pass various emissions regulations. Meanwhile, weight rises to more than 3100 pounds; an almost 200-pound gain over the previous models.
    https://www.motor1.com/news/355199/p...utton&mc-sub=1

Click image for larger version  Name:	A36146FC-CC51-4C76-A852-1984BC8BF8EA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	41055Click image for larger version  Name:	399B1423-1158-42EF-B6C6-971A32CD9DB5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	637.6 KB ID:	41056
    Last edited by John; 06-18-2019, 01:39 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

414 hp not 4014.

Comment

The GT4 and Spider are probably the closest match up to the C8. Also the Lotus Evora in there. But July 18 will say how close.

The Cayman and Boxster feel small inside. Hope C8 is 2 classes up in interior size and feel.
      Last edited by SheepDog; 06-18-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I have said that the Cayman was the sleeper of ME cars. Porsche has finally allowed horsepower to be added to the Cayman. It was always under the shadow of the 911 and Porsche did not want the Cayman to challenge the 911. I guess that the fact that Porsche has build a true 911 ME for racing, they have to admit that the true Midengine design is superior to the 911 old style rear engine design
        Only problem will be actually buying a Cayman GT-4 as they will be scarce. Kinda like the C8 ,,,,,

Comment

I normally don't like the Cayman / Boxter, but, I would enjoy that Boxster. Mmm, NA flat six spinning to 8k.

Comment

I can appreciate the engineering, but certainly doesn't "speak" to me. I just see expensive volkswagen

Comment

Originally posted by Larryfdx View Post
              414 hp not 4014.
              Darn, I was thinking that for 4,000 HP the price wasn't bad at all.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Increasing the size of an exceptional car that happens to be a petite car is design sin: 1950s Ford Thunderbird. Petite is cool. Cramped is uncool. Honda S200 was cramped. Mazda Miata is ridiculous. Cayman has a full sized price tag and ¾ to ⅞ size seating area for the (American male) driver and passenger. That makes it a "woman's" car.

The Germans are so clever . They must intend it to be just what it is. If Porsche were to give the Cayman $100K worth of HP, then small or not small, it would become a man size C8 competitor. Folks would squeeze into it and fly by and get used to being scrunched. Cool scrunched. Performance squeezed. They would even call it cuddled in place of crunched.

The C8 will redefine the meaning of $/HP in the mid engine cars category. The C8 will say what amount of HP/performance =$100K.

That is a big part of what i am waiting for on July 18.

i love the Cayman, the Miata and the and the S2000. I have a pair of size 12 shoes that I love. The store had no 13s. So loved the shoes and got the 12s. They hurts my feet. Cant ware them . Admire them in their box and love the quality, beauty and design.
                Last edited by SheepDog; 06-19-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
                  Increasing the size of an exceptional car that happens to be a petite car is design sin: 1950s Ford Thunderbird. Petite is cool. Cramped is uncool. Honda S200 was cramped. Mazda Miata is ridiculous. Cayman has a full sized price tag and ¾ to ⅞ size seating area for the (American male) driver and passenger. That makes it a "woman's" car.

i love the Cayman, the Miata and the and the S2000. I have a pair of size 12 shoes that I love. The store had no 13s. So loved the shoes and got the 12s. They hurts my feet. Cant ware them . Admire them in their box and love the quality, beauty and design.
                  If you say so. I fit just fine in both a Boxster / Cayman and a Miata. An S2000, too, for that matter. I've driven all three. On a twisty road or track, the Porsche is a revelation, making the Corvette feel ungainly. My nearly 6 foot tall brother has a Boxster, my 5'11" son just got rid of his S2000. And neither had any problem fitting into my NC Miata. And I seriously doubt most Boxster / Cayman buyers are female. Maybe Americans just need to learn to eat less.
                  Last edited by meyerweb; 06-19-2019, 08:23 PM.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I'm supposed to be impressed with a car fully loaded that might go over $135K and has a 4.4 0-60? Really?
                    2015 Z51 Stingray
                    2018 Honda Goldwing
                    2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

I’m 6’4, great shape. I just don’t fit in certain cars comfortably

Comment

Originally posted by CraZ8 View Post
                        I’m 6’4, great shape. I just don’t fit in certain cars comfortably
                        I am not that size, so I understand only on an intellectual level. One urban legend is that the C8’s cabin is going to be smaller than the C7’s. Could be a nice surprise down the road.
                        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by VetteStromWing View Post
                          I'm supposed to be impressed with a car fully loaded that might go over $135K and has a 4.4 0-60? Really?
                          Straight line speed isn't everything. Drive a Boxster / Cayman on a twisty road and you'll understand the attraction. It IS overpriced, but it's still a heck of a fun drive.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >33,000+ miles

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

I am not that size, so I understand only on an intellectual level. One urban legend is that the C8’s cabin is going to be smaller than the C7’s. Could be a nice surprise down the road.
                            That’s my biggest fear. I fit in R8’s with room to spare and 911’s more then comfortably.

If so, take out the power seat electronics and get a little more room or something of the sort. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

Comment

I had the rare 2011 Porsche Spyder that still sells used for close to what it sold new for and what a fun car handling wise. BUT, if Corvette comes in at a reasonable entry level price point I feel Porsche may have a problem. If you can get that mis engine ride for 2/3rds of the price with a V8 why even consider a Porsche. I truly believe GM is specifically targeting the next generation of Corvette buyers and will achieve their goal with this new car

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X