Collapse

C8 Build Question: Comp. Seats or PDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Build Question: Comp. Seats or PDR?

Good Afternoon all,

I wanted to get your opinion; most people are not going to check every option box and I do not planing on it doing that either. When the time comes to place my C8 order with Kerbeck I am going to get a Z51 with the FE4 option.

If you had to choose one of these 2 options with would you choose? Comp. Seats or PDR?

I am not going to race or auto cross the car.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Last edited by Richrat; 06-16-2019, 09:56 AM.
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

A supplier whispered that even thought the Comp seats look fantastic (as our C7’s do), do not order them without getting into and out of the car several times, e.g., even more extreme bolsters.

Glad we are going to again have a choice of GT and comp seats. For those heavily C7 forum involved, this topic of GT or Comp Seats was/is a fervently presented one. Guessing it again would be for the C8.

My recommendation, since we are all built differently, is to not just get in and out of them several times, but to sit in them for at least a 20 minute time period (the more firm bolsters were not comfortable to me when approaching 20 minutes, e.g., my butt and back of my thighs starting to feel numb). However, I have thin butt friends who love their Comp seats. Again, we each need to try them out, but if one can not because of not opportunity but needing to order yours very earlier, please look at the very protruding, C8 Comp seat bolsters, see if you could find another car with like protruding ones and try whether that style might or might nor work well for you.

As for the PDR, for me a nice novelty, but little used. For other friends, PDR is mandatory for their ME.

However, if I might turn this thread to a third option additionally for our consideration, suggest option E60 is a great first one each of us should seriously consider, e.g., Axle Front Lift Height system.
    Last edited by John; 06-16-2019, 10:19 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

[QUOTE=John;n40826]A supplier whispered that even thought the Comp Seats look fantastic (as our C7’s do), do not order them without getting into and out of the car several times, e.g., even more extreme bolsters.

I have been told by several people the C7 Comp. seats are comfy. I love the look and CF.
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

There are supposed to be the ME’s different seats available at the NCM 25th at the end of the Caravan. I hope so and that we get to try them on.

Comment

I hope that is true. I would love to try them on 1st.
          Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

We heard that there would be C8’s, a GM mini-showroom, C8 seats there, Corvette team staff and more, all from Katie Ellison, NCM’s Marketing and Communications Director. Katie is the best, and communicates excellently with us and has great communications with the Corvette team.
            Last edited by John; 06-16-2019, 10:58 AM.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Go to a chevy dealer with a c7 and the competition seats to decide.

if not going on the track...lthey why buy either comp seats or pdr?

even if you are these are questionable as necessary options but since your not....why bother..?

Comment

Thanks John and JB, really great feedback from both of you! I am not thin so the Comp seats will not work...I will try them, but sounds like Nada on both the seats and PDR.

Comment

Good points JB, but the C8’s Comp seats, according to a supplier have more aggressive bolsters (they stick out more), than the C7 Comp seats, so while visiting and siting in a C7 Comp seat would be helpful for those deciding on that basis, “no thanks, no comp seats for me”, the reverse could not yet be determined, that one could not yet safely concluded that, “I liked the C7 Comp seats and therefore I will like and order the C8’s comp seats.”

In 32 more days we will know whether that supplier’s characterization of the C8’s bolster being more aggressive was an understatement, an accurate statement, or a major exaggeration. Nice thing is that we will all know that before the first orders go in.

Comment

Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                    Thanks John and JB, really great feedback from both of you! I am not thin so the Comp seats will not work...I will try them, but sounds like Nada on both the seats and PDR.
                    Ergo, if you later after more consideration come to the same conclusions, that would leavemore money for you for the E60 axle front lift system or other options you might instead prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      We heard that there would be C8’s, a GM mini-showroom, C8 seats there, Corvette team staff and more, all from Katie Ellison, NCM’s Marketing and Communications Director. Katie is the best, and communicates excellently with us and has great communications with the Corvette team.
                      While at the Hot Rod Reunion this week I stopped by the Museum and inquired as to what would be there for the 25th Anniversary. The man I talked to (in an office by the delivery area) said they hoped to have one there, but they weren't connected to GM so they didn't really know. It reminded me of the GM rep I asked about the ME at the NSRA show last year and was told "there is no mid engine" LOL.

Comment

Ah yes. The old “Sgt Shultz, ‘I know nothin’”. I heard the words myself from Katie and that is more than good enough for me, e.g., pure gold.

How connected is Katie Ellison with the Corvette team? She had been in LeMans this past week; and has been invited by GM to the Thursday night reveal.

Comment

If I didn't think your info was accurate I wouldn't have registered while there. Thanks John for keeping us informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                            Good Afternoon all,

I wanted to get your opinion; most people are not going to check every option box and I do not planing on it doing that either. When the time comes to place my C8 order with Kerbeck I am going to get a Z51 with the FE4 option.

If you had to choose one of these 2 options with would you choose? Comp. Seats or PDR?

I am not going to race or auto cross the car.

Thanks for your thoughts.
                            I got both on my Z51

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                              Go to a chevy dealer with a c7 and the competition seats to decide.
                              If not going on the track...lthey why buy either comp seats or pdr?
                              Exactly what I was going to write.
                              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X