Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Shipping To California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping To California

I believe sometime during the 21-22 model year, C8’s going to Southern California shifted from rail to truck. Does anyone know if that is still the case or are cars coming to the West coast on trains again. My 23 will be born next week and I am excited. Any input is appreciated.

Still by truck. Congratualtions ozman. It has been a long time since we first learned of your acquisition process. How wonderful your C8 will be coming home to you.
    2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I followed my car (literally) on the truck the last 30 miles to San Diego. From the day it was built to the day it arrived at the courtesy dealer was 10 days. Keep in mind that includes the three days it sat in Arkansas on a truck awaiting hydraulic repairs!
      Last edited by Vette Interested; 08-10-2022, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Mine was shipped by truck to west coast one month ago. It stayed in BG two weeks b4 loading on the open carrier. Like Vette Interests was able to track.

Congrats - you’ll love the C8.
        Last edited by Luvair; 08-10-2022, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses! Did you track by activating your on-star?

Comment

Originally posted by ozman View Post
            Thank you all for your responses! Did you track by activating your on-star?
            Yes, the selling dealer did.

Comment

I saw a load of Vettes yesterday locally, headed west. I'm west of the Mississippi by 250 miles.First truckload I've personally witnessed. As an owner myself, I get excited just to see them on the truck, and kind of relive my own first day experience at delivery time. Several people in the near future are going to be very happy.

Comment

I hope the information in this thread is right! I am in Boise, ID and my vehicle was produced on 8/17/2022. I reached out to my salesperson in town to inquire about the next steps on receiving my order. He thinks it's coming by rail to Salt Lake City, UT and then will load on a truck from there. Also that it will take about 4 weeks minimum to get here. 😭 This is my first Corvette and I am beyond excited to receive it!

Comment

Originally posted by Radahan View Post
                  I hope the information in this thread is right! I am in Boise, ID and my vehicle was produced on 8/17/2022. I reached out to my salesperson in town to inquire about the next steps on receiving my order. He thinks it's coming by rail to Salt Lake City, UT and then will load on a truck from there. Also that it will take about 4 weeks minimum to get here. 😭 This is my first Corvette and I am beyond excited to receive it!
                  Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression they shipped the cars by truck only. They use to utilize rail but truck shipment has proved to be much faster. My C8 came to San Diego by truck.

Comment

I don't have current shipping information but my 2020 came by train to Milpitas California then by truck the remaining 50 miles to the selling dealership.. The advantage of train was my car was basically spotless when we removed its wrapper.
                    L.
                    Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4...
                    2023 ZO6 70'th Anniversary TPW unavailable??? was 09/19

Comment

Check this picture out I posted in 2020 about rail shipping.
                      https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...9&d=1583957739
                      Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4...
                      2023 ZO6 70'th Anniversary TPW unavailable??? was 09/19

Comment

Wow corvette 1953 that's cruel and unusual punishment for the C8. John confirmed earlier that the new standard is trucks to the west coast.

Comment

I travel frequently on I-40 between Memphis and central Texas. When driving east, I almost always see a transporter heading west. I just say to myself "There goes 10 happy people. Thank you Kai and thank you Nora!"

Comment

Originally posted by Radahan View Post
                            Very similar situation here. Car produced on 8/15, spoke to CC today and they confirmed it is waiting to be shipped but also said 3-5 weeks! Kansas is not that far away from BGA and right on the way to much bigger dealerships. Called my dealer and he said dealership has not been invoiced yet and could be 4 weeks total. I understand logistics and moving vehicles efficiently, but c'mon man - load me up last and drop me off on your way to the coast.

Comment

My salesperson called me today. He confirmed that my Corvette is scheduled to be loaded via rail and then truck and "on track" for a 3-4 week delivery. I mean, I waited 14 months for it to be built so another month is nbd, right? 😐 I am convinced that rail is the new snail mail. Snail rail, if you will. Hoping that train kicks it into high gear and it's faster than expected!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X