Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

An Anniversary Z06 Has A September 19th TPW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Anniversary Z06 Has A September 19th TPW!

3000 status has been reached by at least some Z06’s which are Anniversary Z06’s with a custom VIN (option “PIN”); some however who have a custom VIN are not additionally Anniversary Z06’s.

A special congratulations to calicargirl for her reaching not only 3000 status but also having obtained her September 19th TPW from Shane with her R8C delivery.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BACCAA9C-5508-447A-A9D7-63B527AAE521.jpg Views:	1 Size:	263.3 KB ID:	399079

Is this surprising? Well “yes and no” as explained below.

Providing some history, let us say you are working with a dealer which historically has had a good amount of allocations, and further that you are willing to spend $5,000 to get a custom VIN. And lastly, you want an Anniversary car which all have their own unique VIN sequence. GM has a formal application process by which they evaluate at least these factors.

Up front we note that they do not accept all custom VIN applications (lots of reasons for such denials including a couple hypothetical ones suggested below). Yet, when they accept your application for VIN xyz, are they not up front saying we will build your car at some point when its number is up — for we know that VINS are build in sequence.

Looking at some possible custom VINS…

If I were to want a custom VIN, I should have reached out to my dealer many months ago and asked, could they please try and make this happen. If the dealer can assist in this process via a good allocation amount history, then a formal application is sent to GM requesting model and your desired specific VIN, e.g., # 17 (your number of grandchildren, etc).

Of course GM turns down some of those applications. Hypothetically, if I applied for custom VIN # 001 for the Z06, that application would of course be GM denied because of the auction already being held/completed for number 001 — as we know going to Rick Hendrick at City Chevrolet. Similarly those applying for an extremely low VIN might conflict with some other GM specific-VIN purpose(s).

Or let us say I applied for VIN # 2023. Again GM might accept or deny it. They might wish for that to be for a 2023 NCM raffle or something else. For sure they want at least one Z06 Anniversary model for the GM Heritage Museum collection. Maybe they wish that one to be VIN # 6 for it (Z06).

So far we have at least THREE known examples in which an Anniversary Z06 model whose owner selected a custom VIN at a larger dealer (all different dealers), confirming that they are all currently at status 3000.

In looking back at this, GM needs to make the lower VIN’s first, so while this reaching status 3000 is surprising in a way since no formal Z06 allocations have yet to be given out, perhaps the custom VIN application form being formally and earlier granted by GM should have told us that they have accepted these cars for production, e.g., status 3000 via a different avenue than the general one of allocations not yet being granted?
    2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Congrats calicargirl!

Comment

well, I stand corrected. This backdoor system for VIPs contradicts the rules of how GM does normal orders.

Comment

I am surprised at all this negativism about the amount of the GGT for looking around as many of us have the average estimated amount for the GGT was about $3,750 for it for a race built 670 HP super high revving flat plane crank uses fuel especially when one adds on downforce appendages.

Comment

I understand that it a large amount even though everyone I talked personally had estimated $3,000 or over — averaging $4,000
          2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by DenisC8 View Post
            well, I stand corrected. This backdoor system for VIPs contradicts the rules of how GM does normal orders.
            We are all learning. This is however not back door. This is how GM has to receive and then review and then approve all requests for custom VIN’s. When someone applied to GM back in April for a specific custom VIN and later but a while ago got acceptance for their VIN, that sure is GM accepting the order, e.g. the same as status 3000 which as we all know means “accepted for production.”

This has been done back to the 2020 earliest C8’s.

Comment

I just saw someone’s order screen printed off the WorkBench computer. They said I could use the language on it but not show it.

Exactly wording on it was:

Event Description: 3000 — Accepted By Production Control”

Happy days are starting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

We are all learning. This is however not back door. This is how GM has to receive and then review and then approve all requests for custom VIN’s. When someone applied to GM back in April for a specific custom VIN and later but a while ago got acceptance for their VIN, that sure is GM accepting the order, e.g. the same as status 3000 which as we all know means “accepted for production.”

This has been done back to the 2020 earliest C8’s.
                As John has said this is not a back door. $5000.00 will not buy you a PIN optioned car. It takes months of reasearch on how to do this and then convincing General Motors on giving you that specific VIN. In my opinion 9 out of 10 dealers do not even know what RPO PIN is and its right there on every order. I think the highest year was 2020 when they did a total of around 35 Corvettes with this RPO. The above is my opinion only.
                L.
                Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4...
                2023 ZO6 70'th Anniversary TPW unavailable??? was 09/19

Comment

Originally posted by corvette1953 View Post

As John has said this is not a back door. $5000.00 will not buy you a PIN optioned car. It takes months of reasearch on how to do this and then convincing General Motors on giving you that specific VIN. In my opinion 9 out of 10 dealers do not even know what RPO PIN is and its right there on every order. I think the highest year was 2020 when they did a total of around 35 Corvettes with this RPO. The above is my opinion only.
                  L.
                  if not every person who pays $5000 for PIN option gets selected, and if people don't know about it, most dealers don't know about it, and if you have to start the process in April before prices, order guides, start dates etc are announced you must have insider information or be someone who was instructed how to do this. At the end of the day GM sets the rules of the game, and we choose to play the game.

Comment

Is this different from every other car manufacturer, that they set the production processes and the purchasing rules? A close friend has had had his deposit down on a Ford Bronco for 2 years and five months AFTER they told his ordered and placed it with an allocation to Ford.

We have discussed custom VINs for years. We have over 15,000 threads here in which we shared tons of information on GM’s and dealer processes, OEM options, aftermarket options, personal customization, and so much more. Sorry for you that you just joined us six months ago and feel things are not covered fully.

Agreed that GM’s style is keeping many things close to the vest; our style is to share known facts, ignore rat hole rumors, and to learn from each other. Speaking of rat hole rumors, yesterday I got a PM from someone who informed me that, “I just heard by a reliable source that the Z06 production was delayed until winter.” I told him it was completely false that just last week in writing GM stated that the Z06 production would start next month, that what he had heard was another unfounded negative rumor and should be completely disregarded.

He responded back that “my source was very reliable.”

And why here we in our community pass on unsubstantiated rumors, and search for the second confirming source before we share it publicly.

Today was/is a day of great Z06 progress!

Comment

The customizable VIN option (PIN) has been available since 2011. It is not a secret.
                      1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                      2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by DenisC8 View Post

if not every person who pays $5000 for PIN option gets selected, and if people don't know about it, most dealers don't know about it, and if you have to start the process in April before prices, order guides, start dates etc are announced you must have insider information or be someone who was instructed how to do this. At the end of the day GM sets the rules of the game, and we choose to play the game.
                        How about a simple “congratulations” The PIN is no secret. It’s called doing your homework. I have 4 corvettes with matching vin numbers (last 4 digits) and soon a Z06 to add. I reached out to my dealer last September to get the approval. Not everyone is willing to pay the $5000 but for us it’s an investment and even if we don’t capitalize on it we sure are having fun doing it! Life is short. Have fun! That’s why I worked my butt off all my life!!!

Comment

Thank you very much Brad. I am getting tired of snipping today, especially as this is a GREAT NEWS day. Especially for calicargirl and the small numbers of others who have made serious progression today toward getting their Z06’s made.

Comment

Congratulations calicargirl! What a wonderful news you received today and are excited for your moving toward your Z06’s production. You are knowledgeable and planned ahead the right way. Go calicargirl for we are excited for your Z06 coming to live with you.

Comment

Originally posted by calicargirl View Post
                              How about a simple “congratulations” The PIN is no secret. It’s called doing your homework. I have 4 corvettes with matching vin numbers (last 4 digits) and soon a Z06 to add. I reached out to my dealer last September to get the approval. Not everyone is willing to pay the $5000 but for us it’s an investment and even if we don’t capitalize on it we sure are having fun doing it! Life is short. Have fun! That’s why I worked my butt off all my life!!!
                              calicargirl 1st of all Congratulations. 2nd: I apologize if I came of as negative. In no way was it my intention to imply that your don’t deserve your allocation. I was not aware that this PIN option with selection process existed now or previously. Also in no way did I mean anything negative when I said that GM makes the rules of the game and we play it.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X