Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Z51 non magride vs base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z51 non magride vs base

Okay I looked. Most comparisons I found had magride on the Z51. My question isn’t on whether it’s worth it or not, but actually how is the ride comfort in comparison? Does a Z51 without magride ride like a truck like the older ones did? Or just a little firmer than a “floaty” base? Anyone travel cross country in a Z51 without magride? Was it a “comfortable” trip or couldn’t wait to get home?

Just to clarify - are you asking to compare a Z51 to a non-Z51, both without mag ride? That is, FE1 vs. FE3?

With just a little experience in cars of friends, my take is that the FE3 is firmer than the FE1, perhaps closer to the FE4’s or FE2’s Sport than Tour. Comfort is a matter of personal preference so others with more experience with those suspensions should chime in.
    Last edited by CaryBob; 08-02-2022, 08:15 AM.
    Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Originally posted by R23HTC View Post
      Okay I looked. Most comparisons I found had magride on the Z51. My question isn’t on whether it’s worth it or not, but actually how is the ride comfort in comparison? Does a Z51 without magride ride like a truck like the older ones did? Or just a little firmer than a “floaty” base? Anyone travel cross country in a Z51 without magride? Was it a “comfortable” trip or couldn’t wait to get home?
      The standard Stingray FE1 (non mage ride, non-Z51) while perhaps not your choice is not a “floaty base!”

A Z51 without mag ride would be a great cross country car.

2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

By no means an expert, but coming from a Honda Civic Type R, this car can be like riding a magic carpet. I do NOT have magride. My wife loves the ride in the Vette. I find it noticeable going from anything firm to touring in the settings - for me/her it really smooths out. I'm sure magride is better but wonder if better is more evident in the track setting with the additional modes? I don't track, so I don't miss it there either. I also understand at least for me, it is a sports car, so a little rough now and then reminds me what I could be doing in this car!

BTW: 2020 HTC Z51 AY NO Magride Wow!
        2020 C8 Z-51 HTC AY, Cosmetic upgrades only (so far)

** I won't race your loud Charger (or Mustang), but does it bother you that your girl would rather be riding with me? **

Comment

Originally posted by CaryBob View Post
          Just to clarify - are you asking to compare a Z51 to a non-Z51, both without mag ride? That is, FE1 vs. FE3?

With just a little experience in cars of friends, my take is that the FE3 is firmer than the FE1, perhaps closer to the FE4’s or FE2’s Sport than Tour. Comfort is a matter of personal preference so others with more experience with those suspensions should chime in.
          Correct. No magride on either. Just compare ride comfort of the base to the Z51. I know the Z51 will perform better….but is it comfortable in the process? Or would one regret getting it without magride to “soften” it up in Touring mode?

Comment

MSRC or not boils down to one question. Do you value the ability to adjust the suspension instantly for different types of driving styles and road conditions or not?

Z51 or non-Z51 both have comfortable rides without MSRC, but the Z51 will be a bit stiffer. Z51 and non-Z51 w/ MSRC can either be firmer or softer with a simple twist of a dial. To me, under $2K to have it is a bargain.
            Last edited by Foosh; 08-02-2022, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Z06 comes with MAG ride standard. Maybe Chevy knows something.

Comment

Originally posted by ericok View Post
                Z06 comes with MAG ride standard. Maybe Chevy knows something.
                👌 They do --> https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/08...51-suspension/
                1999 C5 Magnetic Red Z51 Coupe - SOLD 7/31/21
                2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC - 2LT -
                Delivered 8/28/21 @ The National Corvette Museum
                Mag Ride/Front Lift/Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/Amr Hydrocarbon Splitter & Skirts, , GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black, MRR MO24 Wheels

Comment

Right, but OP was asking about the Stingray. Although it's going that way lately, I hope this place doesn't turn into the "Z06MidengineCorvetteForum." There is a pretty large group not at all interested in owning a Z06.

Since most Stingray owners chose it as an option, why make it standard on Z06 when there was more money to be made? I didn't understand the logic of bringing Z06 into this.
                  Last edited by Foosh; 08-02-2022, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Foosh View Post
                    Right, but OP was asking about the Stingray. Although it's going that way lately, I hope this place doesn't turn into the "Z06MidengineCorvetteForum." There is a pretty large group not at all interested in owning a Z06.
                    Remember, The E-Ray and ZR1 is coming
                    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Z51 Coupe - SOLD 7/31/21
                    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC - 2LT -
                    Delivered 8/28/21 @ The National Corvette Museum
                    Mag Ride/Front Lift/Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/Amr Hydrocarbon Splitter & Skirts, , GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black, MRR MO24 Wheels

Comment

Yep, and a bunch of us won't be interested in those either. In the C7 gen, Stingray outsold all other variants from beginning to end of the run.

Comment

Originally posted by Newskate9 View Post
                        I find it noticeable going from anything firm to touring in the settings - for me/her it really smooths out. I'm sure magride is better but wonder if better is more evident in the track setting with the additional modes?
                        Without MSRC there are no suspension changes when switching modes. There are other changes to the transmission and throttle progression that would make the car feel smoother.

MSRC is a must-have feature for me, especially when travelling on some of the poorly-maintained back roads.
                        Last edited by jackfrostpdx; 08-02-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I'll chime in. My non-Z51 no mag ride has a very comfortable ride. So much so that people comment on the ride all the time, expecting it to be harsh or rigid. You will feel larger bumps in the road, but barring any ripples and larger expansion joint road interruptions, it's really quite smooth. And yet it feels incredibly flat when cornering, without any noticeable body roll. I know you're asking about non mag Z51 ride, but I think there is a reasonable comparison for street surfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post

With MSRC there are no suspension changes when switching modes. There are other changes to the transmission and throttle progression that would make the car feel smoother.

MSRC is a must-have feature for me, especially when travelling on some of the poorly-maintained back roads.
                            I think you mean WITHOUT MSRC there are no suspension changes when switching modes. There definitely are suspension changes when switching modes on cars equipped with MSRC (FE2 & FE4 suspensions).

Comment

Good post. I think a lot of folks forget that all variants are still highly capable sports cars. Even the softest ride, is not even close to the floaty equivalent of your grandfather's Cadillac.

I purchased it because I wanted to stiffen it up for spirited corner carving, and I value it's ability to adjust in microseconds to compensate for damper rebound.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X