Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

GM Clarification Of Z06 Warranty Cessation Under Certain Circumstances:

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Clarification Of Z06 Warranty Cessation Under Certain Circumstances:

Today dealers received on their computers the following exact amplification of when your Z06’s warranty would become null and void if you sold it with your ownership being less than one year.

Please insure you read the rest of this post with the required customer acknowledge form before an official Z06 order could be submitted.

This is a follow up to Friday’s communication — and to all our responding posts all of which are included in this earlier thread: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ger-hammer-too

All that is repeated here within this thread is in post # 2 and that is limited to solely the Friday communication from GM’s NA President Steve Carlisle setting for the stage for today’s following clarification memo.

Today’s 1:00 PM EST communications comes from Scott Wood, Vice-President, Chevrolet as follows:

Originally posted by Scott Wood
    If their customer does not keep their Z06 for 12 months:
    1. You will be ineligible to place vehicle reservations or place a sold order with a dealer for certain high demand models (as identified by GM), including but not limited to future Corvette Z06.
    2. The Bumper-To-Power, Powertrain, Sheet Metal, Tire and Accessory Coverage under GM’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty will be voided.
    3. They will not be eligible to receive the exclusive Z06 award of 500,000 My Chevrolet Rewards points (a $5,000 value).

Dealers will need to have all 2023 Corvette Z06 customers sign the attached acknowledgement form at the time of delivery and make sure they understand what will happen if they do not retain the vehicle for the required 12 months. This document should be kept in the deal jacket and made available to GM upon request.

We’re hopeful that these changes will benefit the customer experience and keep our brand strong.

Thanks
    Customer Acknowledgement Form (thanks to CorvetteActionCenter):

Click image for larger version  Name:	367DF0AC-6323-4450-AD47-35D0CE77F3DC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	432.1 KB ID:	396668
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Repost of Friday’s original GM statement re Z06 warranty loss if sold within one year (repeated here):

Originally posted by Steve Carlisle

Dear GM Dealership Team,

We are continuing to build momentum as we head into the second half of the year and have started shipments of several of our high demand and limited production products.

This letter serves as a follow-up to my communication from January of this year, where we reiterated your contractual requirements and our policies on selling new vehicles for resale. When vehicles are quickly resold, particularly by unauthorized dealers or other resellers that do not adhere to GM’s standards, the customer experience suffers and GM’s brands are damaged. As a result, on certain high demand enthusiast products, we are limiting the transferability of certain warranties and barring the seller from placing future sold orders or reservations for certain high demand models (as identified by GM) if the vehicle is resold within the first 12 months of ownership. These changes are being implemented to ensure an exemplary customer experience, to ensure our brands remain strong, and to help prioritize ownership by brand enthusiasts and loyal customers. These changes will not impact product recalls in any way.

Currently, the products impacted by these changes include the following: 23MY Cadillac Escalade-V, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, and GMC HUMMER EV (SUT and SUV). Certain warranties will not be transferrable if the original owner resells the vehicle within one year of delivery.

In the coming days, you will receive a message from your respective brands that will outline full details of the warranties and the customer acknowledgement requirements to implement this new process. Thank you in advance for continuing to do your part in ensuring our customers have great experiences when purchasing these truly special products.

If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to your Zone Manager.

Regards,

Steve Carlisle

President GM North America
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Copy of Dealer’s document regarding loss of warranty, and ban for flipping.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	036D55B0-9E22-4C5E-AE9C-B6EA936DBA0B.jpg
Views:	1401
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	396672
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much DenisC8 for sharing the actual form (rather than the earlier just verbiage).

Comment

I know this form will again set forth some unhappiness. But for me personally, please GM or Mike [email protected] give me the form soonest and I will sign it as one more step my wife and my Z06 is coming closer.

Comment

John, original post by Scott wood references 6 months in opening line.. Guessing it is a mistake?

ADMIN UPDATE: PLEASE SEE POST # 10 below.

Comment

I love this initiative from GM. Kudos. John, 12 months is mentioned everywhere but one place. Plaease seenyour first post, first oaragraph. There it says 6 months… which must be a typo??

Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Why is this all very specific to the 2023 MY? Are 2024 models allowed to be resold immediately?

Also why does it say 6 months and then says 12 months?

These details make me feel like this document isn't real.

Comment

This shouldn’t be something anyone would applaud. All this translates to is dealers getting away with higher markups because they know the secondary market will be dry.

Essentially GM has said if you’re a dealer, sell as quickly and for as much as you’d wish. But if you’re a customer, you’re going to punish the secondary owner with the following

Comment

Originally posted by Sandmark View Post
                    John, original post by Scott wood references 6 months in opening line.. Guessing it is a mistake?
                    Yes it is and fixed. It was a typo I made, not made by GM. Sorry thanks for noting Top Off Action, Sandmark and leefser.

Comment

Great information John! Thank you… Sounds like we must be getting close to allocations and real orders… getting all of their ducks in a row…
                      2023 Z06 Accelerate Yellow Coupe with all options….TBD

Comment

Originally posted by Gators2020 View Post
                        This shouldn’t be something anyone would applaud. All this translates to is dealers getting away with higher markups because they know the secondary market will be dry.

Essentially GM has said if you’re a dealer, sell as quickly and for as much as you’d wish. But if you’re a customer, you’re going to punish the secondary owner with the following
                        Only scumbag dealerships that don't sell at MSRP. There are plenty of those. Those who were already selling at an ADM (and were wrong to do so in the first place) may raise their ADM's but that's only because people are willing to pay them. Don't like it, don't pay it and move along. This isn't a rub it in your face thing because some of us have early numbers at MSRP dealers. Most enthusiasts didn't pre-carjaculate when the base model came out and buy a SR because we knew what was coming and chose to wait. The market became what it is. Just imagine if you bought stock in Microsoft 40 years ago. Just imagine. There are 2 sides to this coin and I applaud GM and those who genuinely want this car but were too late to the deposit party by 2 years. It's something. That something is better than nothing for all avid enthusiasts on long waiting lists for MSRP.

Comment

I think this is a GREAT mandate on GM's part to curtail the flippers. I only wish there was some way they could also put the clamps on the dealerships to sell at MSRP. I don't think the threat of cutting allocations if they charged 'IN EXCESS' of MSRP is going to stop that practice, (exactly what point crosses over to 'In Excess'?). After a 2 1/2 year wait with my deposit in and promised MSRP I was finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. NOW I won't know what's going to happen until it comes down to the wire.

Comment

So if they are also going to withhold the $5K Z06 kickback if you sell your Z06 within 12 months, then I guess you won't get that $5K credit until AFTER those 12 months have transpired?

Comment

For those thinking this is cutting out flippers, so far it hasn't, at least from what I can see.

I am in the low 3 digits on the Ciocca list, somewhere around the end of the 2023MY run and since this news only 0.5% of people have removed themselves from the list.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X