Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Z06 Warranty Cancelled If Sold Within 1 Year & 2nd, Bigger Hammer Too

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z06 Warranty Cancelled If Sold Within 1 Year & 2nd, Bigger Hammer Too

Also BIGGER HAMMER to many also, this quote from within the document.

First a major thanks to the birdie who shared this with me, and thus for us all. THANK YOU!

Barring the seller from placing future sold orders or reservations for certain high demand models (as identified by GM) if the vehicle is resold within the first 12 months of ownership.”

This information is from GM’s Executive Vice President & President of North American Operations President Steve Carlisle to Chevy dealers.

Originally posted by SteveCarlisle
    Dear GM Dealership Team,

We are continuing to build momentum as we head into the second half of the year and have started shipments of several of our high demand and limited production products.

This letter serves as a follow-up to my communication from January of this year, where we reiterated your contractual requirements and our policies on selling new vehicles for resale. When vehicles are quickly resold, particularly by unauthorized dealers or other resellers that do not adhere to GM’s standards, the customer experience suffers and GM’s brands are damaged. As a result, on certain high demand enthusiast products, we are limiting the transferability of certain warranties and barring the seller from placing future sold orders or reservations for certain high demand models (as identified by GM) if the vehicle is resold within the first 12 months of ownership. These changes are being implemented to ensure an exemplary customer experience, to ensure our brands remain strong, and to help prioritize ownership by brand enthusiasts and loyal customers. These changes will not impact product recalls in any way.

Currently, the products impacted by these changes include the following: 23MY Cadillac Escalade-V, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, and GMC HUMMER EV (SUT and SUV). Certain warranties will not be transferrable if the original owner resells the vehicle within one year of delivery.

In the coming days, you will receive a message from your respective brands that will outline full details of the warranties and the customer acknowledgement requirements to implement this new process. Thank you in advance for continuing to do your part in ensuring our customers have great experiences when purchasing these truly special products.

If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to your Zone Manager.

Regards,
    Steve Carlisle
    President GM North America
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Would be nice if GM put more effort into stopping garbage dealer tactics rather than attacking the customers.

Not really fair to disallow the owner of the car to do what they please with their purchase but dealers can mark up all they want to make bigger profits on the same car.

Comment

Originally posted by leesfer View Post
      Would be nice if GM put more effort into stopping garbage dealer tactics rather than attacking the customers.

Not really fair to disallow the owner of the car to do what they please with their purchase but dealers can mark up all they want to make bigger profits on the same car.
      They aren’t keeping anyone from selling their car. I think it’s a great idea. If people don’t flip cars then the allocations will actually go to people that actually want the car.

I waited over a year for a C8 allocation while reading about others getting 3 or 4 and just selling them. That’s a bit frustrating.

Comment

pop-- pop- pop... Once again ...More people dropping off the Z06 list !!!!! LOL

Comment

I really don't think there is a 'best' way to handle this. If they do nothing we will see people complain. If they do something we will still see people complain.

I personally want to keep my Z06 for the long term but lets say "Life" hits me and I'm forced to sell my Z06 in the first 6 months. Well guess what, I decided to purchase the car and fully understood the terms that came with it. Now I personally don't care if people flip the Z and understand that for some it's very profitable. In a perfect world, I would like to see only enthusiasts purchase the car and keep it as long as they could. However, we aren't in a perfect world and I'm ok with that.

Comment

Ok with me as long as there is a provision for letting someone sell for a legitimate reason, death etc.
            There is a madness to my method!
            C8 on order Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
            2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
            2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
            79 coupe Silver/oyster
            All one owner
            Museum lifetime members

Comment

I as a Corvette retailer welcome this change. Flipper buys new ZO6 and sells it for whatever over now is the next person who's buying it do they want a car with no factory warranty? I can see this turning into a real **** show. Customer calls a Chevrolet dealership I need to bring my ZO6 in for warranty work. Where did you buy it? Bought it from Car Max, Well sorry to inform you you're warranty is void because the car was sold within the first year of ownership.
              Last edited by Corvette Ed; 07-29-2022, 11:47 AM.

Comment

This is an interesting development and I am curious what it actually will do for the secondary/used/flipper market. I’m sure smart people will still find a workaround for the used Z06. The blacklisting of customers is interesting too. I don’t have a strong opinion on the subject but I just like to see how this plays out…Mecum will be bummed out!

Comment

I get the concept of what they are doing here, but this has a lot of potential pitfalls for many. I wonder if this actually makes dealer mark ups even more likely in some situations, given that people paying above MSRP are less likely to flip the car due to the higher cost basis. In other words, GM is forcing buyers to be committed for a year, so one would really desire the car to begin with. That just fuels the mark-up fire for dealers.

This only bands sellers from future sold orders on high demand cars, not all cars. If someone gambles and flips a Z06 for $25k-$50k (to an unformed buyer who gets no warranty), then they simply can't get a sold order for one of three vehicle models. They could, in theory, take that $50k profit and still put it towards a sold order for a ZL1, a ZR2, or even a Stingray. My point here is that it will not stop all flippers, but it may stop them from doing it twice.

What happens when an unsuspecting 2nd owner purchases a flipped Z06 with an invalid warranty, and has a major issue (like engine or DCT) within a few months of being produced, on GM's flagship sports car, and the cost to repair is $15 -$20k or worse? When that goes viral, this all becomes a PR fire to put out, regardless of this policy.

It would make sense that they have debated all of this, so it really says something to me about GM's confidence in this car. Good points above about more people potentially dropping off of lists!
                  CMGM C8, 3LT, HTO Tension/Twilight, Z51, FE4, 5VM, 5ZZ, C2Z, E60, FA5, ZYC, ZZ3, Q8T Wheels, R8C Museum Delivery.

Comment

Its a double standard. They dont want buyers of the Z06 selling for a profit. So they are making a rule like this. Yet at the same time they are allowing
                    their dealers to charge anything they can get.. That ALSO damages the brand and loyalty as they stated themselves...the same way

Comment

I hope the dealers have the customer sign a document acknowledging the warranty issue....before they order the car....otherwise I can see some real headaches...
                      3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

Originally posted by C808 View Post
                        Its a double standard. They dont want buyers of the Z06 selling for a profit. So they are making a rule like this. Yet at the same time they are allowing
                        their dealers to charge anything they can get.. That ALSO damages the brand and loyalty as they stated themselves...the same way
                        I truly believe that if GM could legally make dealerships sell at MSRP they would. Unfortunately that would never hold up.

We luckily have some amazing MSRP Dealers that have integrity. It's getting rarer and rarer these days though.

Comment

I like it! This is a strong deterrent to flippers. I wish they had included Stingrays.

GM has no authority under their franchise agreements with dealers, which are independent businesses, to put limitations on how they price products. All they can do is "suggest" a retail price (AKA MSRP).

I agree that if they could, they would.
                          Last edited by Foosh; 07-29-2022, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Fords approach to this issue of flippers was to have the dealer/customer sign a contract that put a term of 2 years from the delivery of the GT until they could resell it or be sued by Ford which has happened. Did this stop huge markups after the 2 year term? Oh heck no it more than double the market price of the car at auctions or dealership lots. Moral of the story is there is no easy solution to this one.

Comment

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X