Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #121 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid August 2022

The world of Corvette is really heating up with the release of pricing for the C8 Z06. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger are back with the most current Corvette news and headlines. https://youtu.be/QRAUz6Att0k; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...jnmYV0amyIoQR2
Here are a few of the topics discussed in this week’s show….
1.Chevrolet offering C8 Z06 buyers $5,000 in rewards for not “flipping” their car
2.GM limits the warranty transferability of the C8 Z06 to people who flip their cars
3.The C8 Z06 Order Guide is now available for download
4.FBI raids a Chinese-owned company that makes aluminum wheels for GM
5.Spring Mountain is back open after a flash flood covered the track with sand & debris
6.Our "Corvette Insider" Manny Katakis is back with insider information!
7.Lingenfelter introduces high performance CAI for the C8
8.The first 35th Anniversary Callaway C8 arrives at Ciocca Chevrolet
2 of 3 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Second Teaser: Breaking Down the Next Generation Corvette Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still betting on John's schedule from the C7 teaser that we will have one on June 10 as well

Comment

I was wrong on my earlier prediction that the next teaser would not be until Father’s Day. I still think we will see two more vids before the reveal, one the week before the reveal with actual “final” pictures in it — but like the C7 reveal process, they would be pictures of very small areas leading us to even debate what we are seeing.

As to the one in between today and July 11th, my wild guess is that it would contain some powertrain picture hints (but no numbers). I based that on the fact that they totally revealed the LT1 a couple of months before the C7’s reveal and so far we only have this one screen print about the LT2.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9BA832A4-ED5D-42A5-B7B1-BE7CE01A5B0D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	39455
      Last edited by John; 06-05-2019, 08:02 PM.
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Cool to see another official teaser.

And I didn’t get an email notification either.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Thank you NewYuriCity! I did not know that. From that picture, “What side scoop?”

For those wanting a quick link to the first GM teaser:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-video-is-here

And if you are wanting a complete list of all the official GM teaser steps so far:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ine-and-events

Screen print found by the ever-everywhere (with thanks) to Corvette_Nut. What do you suppose that singular center stripe is? It did call to my attention a different front grille opening — and maybe that is the point of it, e.g., to more closely tease reveal what the real grille opening is going to be like.

Click image for larger version Name:	CDC9BA6A-5FC2-404B-B921-5345F0A74B6D.png Views:	1 Size:	346.2 KB ID:	39425

What will be next coming from GM?
          The one in this screen shot looks like a very early C8 prototype with C7 Z06 hood, C7 mirrors, C7 a-pillar, C7 roof, and maybe even C7 headlights.

Comment

Thanks Jag. I now agree fully. That’s why we have such threads, e.g., to share and to learn. I have learned about this particular mule as a result of it.

Attached Files
            Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Just a couple of remarks after watching the video: Another NASA clip, I wonder if NASA or the Air Force has any locations in Orange County that would be appropriate for the reveal.

Secondly, no production car was featured in the video, every vehicle was pre-production, concept, or race car. Also most of the vehicles appeared on competition courses.

Comment

The intro with the track action goes by very fast, so I dumped it into my video editor and slowed it waaaaayyyy down:

Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

It looks like a very early test mule before much of the aero was worked out. You can tell its a kit-bashed and chopped C7. There would be no side scoop at this point in development but you would absolutely have an opening of some kind to test weather the re-sized/re-located radiators provide adequate cooling. This one even had C7 A-Pillars.They can't fool us LOL!
                  2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger View Post
                    The intro with the track action goes by very fast, so I dumped it into my video editor and slowed it waaaaayyyy down:

What fun Keith. Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by DWG View Post
                      Just a couple of remarks after watching the video: Another NASA clip, I wonder if NASA or the Air Force has any locations in Orange County that would be appropriate for the reveal.

Secondly, no production car was featured in the video, every vehicle was pre-production, concept, or race car. Also most of the vehicles appeared on competition courses.
                      Good suppositions DWG! Aerospace & Aerovette fit together, but I looked and no NASA facilities within Orange County (though the Jet Propulsion Lab at Cal Tech is about an hour north of Orange County).

Comment

Well, it is a stretch, but the upper stage (S-IVB) that sent the Apollo lunar missions from earth orbit toward the moon was built by Douglas Aircraft Company in Huntington Beach, California. The S-IVB provided the translunar injection burn on 16 July 1969 and Apollo 11 was mid-way between earth and the moon on 18 July .... I cannot possibly see why Chevy would choose anything to do with this, but it is a connection between the space clips in the videos and Orange County.

Comment

In those days, the astronauts were getting new Corvettes, I think for a $1 or something like that. Perhaps they were given theirs on July 18th. We sure are all grasping at straws here.

Or is it simply what a certain member of the team whispered not officially, that July 18th was the day when all the entire team (including Mary Barra and Mark Reuss) was free at once. and within the general time frame they were wanting???

Comment

Picture of 1960 CERV1 — first mid engine that Zora engineered. Picture thanks to CorvetteOnLine. BTW, it has 60% of its weight on its rear wheels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CE004B54-83C6-4B32-8055-9B49512CE7E3.jpeg
Views:	409
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	39517

Comment

Just got my email Next Gen Corvette update from “Chevrolet”:

It contains both of the teaser videos and a little more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	590C8258-F26F-4016-8422-EC69F9EB6B5C.jpeg
Views:	403
Size:	676.3 KB
ID:	39540

Comment

I, literally, just received the email from GM with the video information! Was it timing or did they read all of the reports from subscribers that didn't get it originally?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X