Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Sun shade recommendations? (Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun shade recommendations? (Poll)

It's starting to get sunny and warm even up here in the PNW and I find myself at the office more than in years past. What's the best sun shade for C8 coupes?

Weathertech
    15.00%
    Covercraft
    30.00%
    Other
    55.00%

Clear ceramic coat/tint/flim the front windscreen.

Comment

I still use the one I bought at Corvettes at Carlisle back in 2001. It seems to do the job in our C8 HTC the rare times it's left in the Texas sun longer than it takes for a quick grocery store visit or a brief sit-down with friends at Starbucks. I think I paid $10 for it back then.... and it has the Corvette logo (albeit for a C5). I would suggest spending your money on something really important....
      2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur, Chevy SSr

Comment

I have no idea what is “best”. I use a pair of collapsible shades, probably designed for a pickup truck. Our windshields are very long. I got them on Amazon.

Comment

West Coast Corvette is where I got mine. Custom fits the windshield, but is very stiff so not easy to store. I throw it in the passenger seat or put it in the trunk if I have a guest. The sun visors are useless for holding it up, since they don’t fold forward enough, so it just rests on the steering wheel and works fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FCBA4777-DBD2-41CD-B7F4-153C8713C317.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	388210
          2022 3LT/Z51

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
            Ditto, XPEL's best ceramic tint claims to have the best UVA and UVB reduction (95%) in the industry. That's what we used to protect our 3LT Natural Dipped dash. Interior temps dropped dramatically after we had it installed. The other windows are all 50%.

We purchased a sunshade, but no longer use it.
            Last edited by Foosh; 07-01-2022, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen the weathertech. The covercraft is a decent piece (I have it).
              2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Member, Old Dominion Corvette Club https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
                That helps, but it doesn't come close to blocking as much light and heat as a reflective sunshade.

I vote other, and use this one: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...438#post327438
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Anyone have the dimensions of our windshield(s)? Please....(we are away from our home/my C8!)

Comment

Originally posted by Keys Dog View Post
                    ....The sun visors are useless for holding it up, since they don’t fold forward enough,
                    That is one of my few gripes about the C8 is the sun visors. Why don't the fold all the way forward? If the sun is in my eyes, I have to have them folded out towards me if I don't need them all the way down?!?!?!?! Thats not the same! it doesn't block the sun if I move my head at all. I have to keep my head very still in the exact same position! It actually bugs the heck out of me.
                    Last edited by BuyPeaksSellDips; 07-01-2022, 10:22 PM.
                    Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
                    Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                    AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Originally posted by BuyPeaksSellDips View Post

That is one of my few cripes about the C8 is the sun visors. Why don't the fold all the way forward? If the sun is in my eyes, I have to have them folded out towards me if I don't need them all the way down?!?!?!?! Thats not the same! it doesn't block the sun if I move my head at all. I have to keep my head very still in the exact same position! It actually bugs the heck out of me.
                      I feel you’re pain. They are useless to me for blocking sun. if I could fold them forward more I could actually see out. The way they are now I have to slouch in my seat to see below them. Or fold them back like you said. Poor design on GM’s part.
                      2022 3LT/Z51

Comment

I have had good luck with www.heatshieldstore.com
                        make/model specific made in the USA
                        789 on MacMulkin C8 Z06 order waiting list.
                        2015 C7 3LT Z51 GBA M5U EYT QCC NAV (Sold)
                        2012 C6 1LT CG (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Keys Dog View Post

I feel you’re pain. They are useless to me for blocking sun. if I could fold them forward more I could actually see out. The way they are now I have to slouch in my seat to see below them. Or fold them back like you said. Poor design on GM’s part.
                          Remove the visor from its holder and it can be pushed further forward. feels like a design deficiency, but it makes it usable .
                          2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Member, Old Dominion Corvette Club https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

I bought the XL reflective shades from Walmart. The ones that you twist and fold to store. I store them neatly behind the passenger seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post

Remove the visor from its holder and it can be pushed further forward. feels like a design deficiency, but it makes it usable .
                              Thanks, I’ll try it. That’s why you get the big bucks!
                              2022 3LT/Z51

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X