Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Two Black Z06’s Spotted In Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Black Z06’s Spotted In Michigan

Thanks to CorvetteBlogger for alerting us to this video created by “boostedIroc.”

We know there are 55 confirmed CTF Z06’s as of early Tuesday (two days ago), and that more were being “delivered” to Corvette team members this week, so is this # 56, # 62 or one of the first 55 of them?

Nice to starting to see a plethora of them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	54C80140-AD8E-44C0-A1C1-042613E02B62.jpg Views:	3 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	387988

Here is a second one, this picture by “a1_garage.”

Click image for larger version  Name:	4556F01B-BD08-4FEF-8601-20C768747416.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.5 KB ID:	387989
    2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

All good signs that we are getting very close.

Comment

Well, close-er anyway 👍
      I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

And might this be a second one, this picture by “a1_garage.”
        definitely 2 different cars John - the video one has the "duckbill" spoiler and the photo one has 2 "posts" for possibly the high-wing spoiler?

Comment

Thanks keen eye 11ZSenator. One more Z06 completed. So with that I will now change the title of this thread.
          2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Ah, what's up with the second picture? Anyone notice anything odd?

License # D82m279

No leaves on the trees? Picture taken Spring of 2022?
            Last edited by C7GS; 07-01-2022, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C7GS View Post
              Ah, what's up with the second picture? Anyone notice anything odd?

License # D82m279

No leaves on the trees? Picture taken Spring of 2022?
              The "a1_garage" photo is a screen grab from the video he reposted 11 weeks ago on instagram (original poster: automotiveseo), not a recent photo just spotted in Mi. John will probably correct the first post.

Comment

has anyone taken notice of the wheel gap on the Z06? is it about the same as the stingray's? on my 2020 which i no longer have i dropped 1". kind of wish i would have done 3/4" instead. also, if memory serves the new MagRide on Z06 has an FE7 suspension. is there any difference between stingray MagRide and Z06 MagRide? this question is in regards to spring rates on the Z06.

Comment

I just went into the system and they are up to Vin# 73. That car is a convertible Hypersonic Gray built June 27th

Comment

CorvetteEd, we thank you for that wonderful news!

Comment

Originally posted by shifter25j View Post
                      has anyone taken notice of the wheel gap on the Z06? is it about the same as the stingray's? on my 2020 which i no longer have i dropped 1". kind of wish i would have done 3/4" instead. also, if memory serves the new MagRide on Z06 has an FE7 suspension. is there any difference between stingray MagRide and Z06 MagRide? this question is in regards to spring rates on the Z06.
                      MagRide is enhanced on the Z06, but expertly that that may have nothing to do with wheel gap. As to spring rates they are stiffer for sure on the Z06, both the Z06 and the Z07 versions.

Per Z06 Vehicle Performance Manager Alex MacDonald, the Z07’s are 15% spring rate stiffer than on the Z06, though the perceived “seat ride stiffness” is only 8% stiffer on the Z07 than the Z06.

The Z06’s springs are I believe 35% stiffer than the standard Stingray’s; I do not remember how much stiffer the Z51’s — though they are definitely stiffer than it too.

As to wheel gap, each Z06 owner is going to have six choices, love it and or live with it as is; use wheel spacers that give perceived lesser wheel gap; get front lowering collars if you chose the E60 front lift option; rotate your shock shackles if you did not select E60 use reduced height aftermarket springs, or lastly the disastrous last one of cutting a coil or more off of OEM springs.

ERGO five choices even if you do not want to “live with OEM wheel gap.”

Comment

Reminder from the C7 generation, we again expect that the Z07 will be tougher to reduce its actual wheel gap than the Z06 due to its stiffer springs.

I would guess there is a 2/3’s chance that as I am getting E60, that I would either get spacers or a combo or lowering collars and rotating the rear shock shackles. BUT, I am going to live with it, drive it thousands of miles and see what suspension settling does before I decide for ours.

Comment

Reminder from the C7 generation, we again expect that the Z07 will be tougher to reduce its actual wheel gap than the Z06 due to its stiffer springs.

I would guess there is a 2/3’s chance that as I am getting E60, that I would either get spacers or a combo or lowering collars and rotating the rear shock shackles. BUT, I am going to live with it, drive it thousands of miles first, and see what natural suspension settling does before I decide for ours.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

MagRide is enhanced on the Z06, but expertly that that may have nothing to do with wheel gap. As to spring rates they are stiffer for sure on the Z06, both the Z06 and the Z07 versions.

Per Z06 Vehicle Performance Manager Alex MacDonald, the Z07’s are 15% spring rate stiffer than on the Z06, though the perceived “seat ride stiffness” is only 8% stiffer on the Z07 than the Z06.

The Z06’s springs are I believe 35% stiffer than the standard Stingray’s; I do not remember how much stiffer the Z51’s — though they are definitely stiffer than it too.

As to wheel gap, each Z06 owner is going to have six choices, love it and or live with it as is; use wheel spacers that give perceived lesser wheel gap; get front lowering collars if you chose the E60 front lift option; rotate your shock shackles if you did not select E60 use reduced height aftermarket springs, or lastly the disastrous last one of cutting a coil or more off of OEM springs.

ERGO five choices even if you do not want to “live with OEM wheel gap.”
                            so would it be safe to say that someone like paragon performance could come up with a lowering spring for the Z06/07 package soon to the release or would the normal testing applications have to be done?
                            Last edited by shifter25j; 07-02-2022, 05:18 PM.

Comment

That is my assumption— except I would temper your word “soon.” They might not even get their Z06 until ____??? I would also check into Cicio Performance. Both are top quality MECF vendors.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X