Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

2022 C8 Final Production Specs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2022 C8 Final Production Specs

    Thank you very much GM for these end of model year stats. It is always fun to learn the totals amounts as well as individual components chosen by customers.

    PLEASE NOTE THAT THE EXTERIOR/INTERIOR COLOR COMBINATIONS HAVE JUST BEEN ADDED INTO POST # 3.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	68CF505B-0D80-46BC-82C7-B51E40FDD6F9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	808.3 KB ID:	386482

    Click image for larger version  Name:	30AC77E1-1B5C-4550-8BDB-C317230B4BA3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	845.8 KB ID:	386483
    Click image for larger version  Name:	32AFC347-7A10-41DC-B1DD-AA30A284F6C6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.14 MB ID:	386484
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8CD538A0-CFEC-44B0-B951-4CF57BE6DED5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	705.8 KB ID:	386485
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

  • #2
    I'm a numbers guy. You made my day. 😂
    -Dave

    2023 Elkhart Lake Blue 3LT HTC, Z51, Mag Ride, Front Lift,
    Adrenaline red 2-tone interior with suede, black nacelles and roof, black forged wheels, stealth interior trim, black exhaust tips, red calipers, and of course NCM delivery.
    Deposit @ MM: 8/17/2021 - 2000: 7/14/2022 - 3000: 7/19/2022 - 3300: 8/10/2022 - 3400: - TPW: 8/22/2022 - Built: - NCM Delivery: - Home sweet home in the Sunshine State:

    Comment


    • #3
      Here are the exciting interior/exterior color combinations. Thanks again GM!

      Click image for larger version  Name:	AEED9F78-431E-42CD-A419-5D92C62FB3ED.jpg Views:	0 Size:	455.7 KB ID:	386492
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

      Comment


      • #4
        Please allow me to geek out that there are two "one-of-one" cars of Orange-Morello and ELB-Morello.
        Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

        Comment


        • #5
          Im kinda surprised that the 2022 C8 Convertible production was about 48%... However, being a retractable hardtop...I can see why. Which leads me to my
          Question:
          Do you think the Z06 Convertible will see a similar percentage of sales?

          Comment


          • #6
            well based on the small percentage of canadian deliveries to the total number produced and then an even smaller subset of z06's when they begin to be produced pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for me even thinking i could even get one of super late 2023's. keep on saving and maybe get the rumour'ed revised interior in the z06 with a reachable cellphone for 2024! lol
            guess i should have acted on a deposit much much earlier than a year ago. my bad.
            2013 scion frs with SBD turbo
            1988 porsche 944S becoming a 948 with C5 5.7L LS1
            soon to be elkhart blue z06 with z07....

            Comment


            • #7
              Interesting that:

              -Torch Red remains the most popular (16.1%) with Red Mist not too far behind (12.7%), so combined the red exterior color is by far the most popular, just like in 2021 and 2020
              -Black and White were chosen much the same in 2022 (10.7% and 13.9% respectively) compared to 2021 (10.7 and 14.3) and 2020 (11.7 and 15)
              -Hypersonic Gray took a jump in popularity in 2022 (12.7%) compared to its predecessor Shadow Gray (4.2 and 5.45 in 2021 and 2020 respectively). So GM did well introducing that new shade of gray which suggests that John is on the right track with his Hypersonic Gray color choice for his Z06
              -Silver Flare suffered almost a 50% drop in 2022 (3.6%) compared to 2021 (6.9%), after a slight popularity increase following its debut in 2021, compared to Blade Silver in 2020 (5.55%)

              We'll see if the 2023 70th Anniversary colors take a dent out of the rest, especially with those who'd normally order black or white.

              And iam_iam_GuTtErBoY is quite right: in 2022 only 3.9% of Corvettes were sold in Canada, compared to (for example) 2.7% in Europe. That's ++ discouraging for C8 fans like myself, since Canada received 7.2% of the Corvette 2021 production and 8.9% of the 2020 production. So the Canadian numbers are steadily declining over those first 3 years of C8 production, due to GM taking away the Canadian numbers to sell to Europe and other markets. If this continues for 2023 and subsequent years (which I suspect is likely, given the trend), I predict that GM will lose a good chunk of its Canadian buyer base with many frustrated buyers turning away to other sport car brands. With the production of right hand drive C8's, GM will likely continue to focus on European demand, which will in turn further reduce Canada's numbers. Plus I suspect GM will focus further on Europe for the 2023 Z06, in an effort to entice the European crowd that typically buy Porsche and other higher-end sports cars.

              US buyers however haven't suffered, which will no doubt encourage everyone in the States: the US sales have been 91.0% (2022), 89.9% (2021) and 91.2% (2020).

              For the first time, after now seeing this trend in these stats, and given my age, I'll have to review my decision on the C8 Z06...which will likely find its way into my hands in 2024 at the earliest if I'm lucky, in spite of me being many many months at the Groups spot for the Z06 at a dealership which got around 40 C8 allocations in 2021 and 2022. 🤔 😞
              Last edited by netsinah; 06-24-2022, 12:17 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by C808 View Post
                Im kinda surprised that the 2022 C8 Convertible production was about 48%... However, being a retractable hardtop...I can see why. Which leads me to my
                Question:

                Do you think the Z06 Convertible will see a similar percentage of sales?
                That is a good question. First year Z06 sales tend to be more heavily weighted toward track folks, so perhaps it would drop down for 2023 MY to 40%. I expect it to also however return to around 48% or maybe even hit 50% by year two.

                Our C8 Z06 which we expect to get in the first batch made will be a HTC — our first convertible since our 1960 Austin Healey.

                Of course the only correct answer is that we will all tune in at the end of the 2023 MY and learn what is turned out to be.
                Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                Comment


                • #9
                  G48, Caffeine, 1.5%?

                  Possibly, they most odd color ever placed upon a beloved Corvette!

                  I think Hot Pink would have a larger following.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great stats - thanks for sharing! Based on the number of options and the low percentages for some of them, it now makes sense why every Corvette for sale (both new and used) has the word RARE in all caps somewhere in the advertisement.
                    Initial deposit: 4/21/2022 w/ Mike Furman
                    Anticipated Museum Delivery: Summer 2023

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by C7GS View Post
                      G48, Caffeine, 1.5%?

                      Possibly, they most odd color ever placed upon a beloved Corvette!

                      I think Hot Pink would have a larger following.
                      There were 385 happy Caffeine owners. But as to your point, might there have been 454 Hot Pink happy owners?
                      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by John View Post

                        There were 385 happy Caffeine owners. But as to your point, might there have been 454 Hot Pink happy owners?
                        Thanks for putting up all of this info John!

                        Looks like my Silver Flare order not nearly as popular as it was previously. Oh well, at least it’ll make my (and wife’s) C8 easier to find in a parking lot full of them. 🤔😉
                        2023 SRC Silver Flare 3LT, Z51, FE4 Mag ride, E60 Front lift, TVS low spoiler, 38S red stitching, 3F9 red belts, J6N edge red calipers, RCC edge red engine cover, a few other goodies

                        4/30/21 initial deposit; 3/24/22 1100; 6/16/22 2000; 6/21/22 3000; 6/23/22 3100; 6/24/22 3300 and TPW of 7/18/22; 7/18/22 3400; 7/19/22 VIN; 7/21/22 4000; 7/29/22 5000; 7/30/22 6000

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My question is this: with nearly half of all C8s sold being HTCs, why can I still not find any scale model HTCs? (And no Red Mist models of any type).
                          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

                          Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

                          Never grow up - It's a trap.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by netsinah View Post
                            Interesting that:

                            -Torch Red remains the most popular (16.1%) with Red Mist not too far behind (12.7%), so combined the red exterior color is by far the most popular, just like in 2021 and 2020
                            -Black and White were chosen much the same in 2022 (10.7% and 13.9% respectively) compared to 2021 (10.7 and 14.3) and 2020 (11.7 and 15)
                            -Hypersonic Gray took a jump in popularity in 2022 (12.7%) compared to its predecessor Shadow Gray (4.2 and 5.45 in 2021 and 2020 respectively). So GM did well introducing that new shade of gray which suggests that John is on the right track with his Hypersonic Gray color choice for his Z06
                            -Silver Flare suffered almost a 50% drop in 2022 (3.6%) compared to 2021 (6.9%), after a slight popularity increase following its debut in 2021, compared to Blade Silver in 2020 (5.55%)

                            We'll see if the 2023 70th Anniversary colors take a dent out of the rest, especially with those who'd normally order black or white.

                            And iam_iam_GuTtErBoY is quite right: in 2022 only 3.9% of Corvettes were sold in Canada, compared to (for example) 2.7% in Europe. That's ++ discouraging for C8 fans like myself, since Canada received 7.2% of the Corvette 2021 production and 8.9% of the 2020 production. So the Canadian numbers are steadily declining over those first 3 years of C8 production, due to GM taking away the Canadian numbers to sell to Europe and other markets. If this continues for 2023 and subsequent years (which I suspect is likely, given the trend), I predict that GM will lose a good chunk of its Canadian buyer base with many frustrated buyers turning away to other sport car brands. With the production of right hand drive C8's, GM will likely continue to focus on European demand, which will in turn further reduce Canada's numbers. Plus I suspect GM will focus further on Europe for the 2023 Z06, in an effort to entice the European crowd that typically buy Porsche and other higher-end sports cars.

                            US buyers however haven't suffered, which will no doubt encourage everyone in the States: the US sales have been 91.0% (2022), 89.9% (2021) and 91.2% (2020).

                            For the first time, after now seeing this trend in these stats, and given my age, I'll have to review my decision on the C8 Z06...which will likely find its way into my hands in 2024 at the earliest if I'm lucky, in spite of me being many many months at the Groups spot for the Z06 at a dealership which got around 40 C8 allocations in 2021 and 2022. 🤔 😞
                            I agree with the first ort about about the trend but not that you can read much from Europe and the right habd side steering wheel spec. 2 or 3 out of the EU’s 27 nations has the steering wheel in the left habd side like America. It is mainly a British thing which is far from the biggest economy in Europe.
                            Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

                            First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My C8 seems to be one of a kind in 2022 and possibly ever. Rapid Blue, Full length orange stripes, orange seat belts, low profile spoiler and Museum Delivery. Shane told me to write him as they can confirm.
                              Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

                              First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X