Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

C8 Interior 2024 Changed: True Or 2nd Wrong Verse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaryBob View Post
    My wife needs a helping hand on her butt to help with exiting the car. Please GM, do not add a grab handle!
    I routinely get told a helping hand is one thing, a full on goose is not what is needed.

Comment

Why not just put a wireless charging pad in the bottom of the cubby under the center armrest? There’s already peer there.

Comment

Originally posted by poor-sha View Post
        Why not just put a wireless charging pad in the bottom of the cubby under the center armrest? There’s already peer there.
        Small enclosed space and hot charging phone are a bad mix.

I hope they keep the charger where it is. Out of the way and distraction free while driving, but still easy to access with the left hand over the right shoulder once parked.

Comment

It kinda makes sense that they'd do a light refresh going into the 5th model year of the C8. Give a slight differentiation between the early cars and the second half of the production run. Give early adopters a reason to jump into a refreshed SR or jump up into Z06 or GS.

Comment

Originally posted by poor-sha View Post
            Like JackFrost said, it would get very hot in there. Aside from that, I use the cubby to hold other things. There's already very little storage in the C8's cabin. Don't take away some of what is there.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Please leave the wall of buttons exactly as is!
              Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm good with the wall of buttons, but sometimes it is hard to see the indicator lights when the top is off. If they can improve that, it would be a bonus.
                2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Member, Old Dominion Corvette Club https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Brighter LED’s would be easy, though I rarely look over there, doing most of my changes by feel. Fan up or down one, AC temp adjustment similarly.
                  Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm so used to the wall, all the buttons have become intuitive and I don't look at them very often. I still love the look of it and would be disappointed without it. BTW, it's 4" tall at the highest point, not exactly accurately named as a "wall".

Comment

I think early on, I was among the first to call it "The Great Wall of Buttons". I called it a wall because it seemed to wall off the passenger from the driver.
                      2022 HTC 2LT Z51
                      Front lift, mag ride
                      black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                        "Simple" changes often cascade into a lot of other changes, which in turn require new tooling, which requires money. Often large amounts of money. Is GM really going to spend a bunch of money to "fix" something that isn't affecting sales?
                        maybe this is where GM are planning to put the money they're saving by removing the rear hatch lock cylinder 😪

Comment

Would GM really spend the money making the level 2 carbon interior for only 1 year. I don’t believe they are changing a thing.

Comment

I doubt it will be a big overhaul, maybe some subtle changes/optimization. C8 is selling like crazy, there's obivously no real need for an interior refresh. I really like the "wall of buttons", since they are pyhsicals buttons and have different shapes so you can find the different functions without looking at it. It also adds greatly to the feeling of a driver centric car. I really hope they will not remove them to put the AC functions into the touchscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

That phone charger is borderline impossible to get to haha
                              Only two things I am not a fan of inside:

1. The aforementioned phone charger (I still keep mine either in the cupholder or the door side pocket out of pure habit), as yes, it is difficult to get to. I'll give this one time.
                              2. The volume controls on the steering wheel, as my hand has to leave the optimal grip position, then pull on the switches, instead of the simple thumb reach access I enjoyed on the BMW 335is I used to have before my new '23. (*NOTE: I have rarely listened to the radio since delivery, as the sound of the LT2 and exhaust are much more pleasant to listen to...and one of the reasons I have for having the car in the first place! Besides, she is still in break-in, so I am listening to everything mechanical)
                              1977 White L48 Coupe (RIP)
                              2023 Arctic White 1LT Z51 Coupe

Comment

I like the cockpit styling with the row of buttons and the wall. To me, it gives the driver a more purposeful driving experience as the wrap around design centers the car and its functions around the primary occupant. The driver.

I'd like to see it retained in some way and not overhauled entirely.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X