Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

No emergency access lock for hatch / trunk in 2023 C8s?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is GMs solution to a simple problem where else are they skimping. Makes it hard to even go through with my order. The aftermarket shouldn’t have to figure this out. Seems like a totally ridiculous work around.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamevar View Post
      If this is GMs solution to a simple problem where else are they skimping. Makes it hard to even go through with my order. The aftermarket shouldn’t have to figure this out. Seems like a totally ridiculous work around.
      I agree 100% and we should flood GM’s email with complaints!!!

Comment

Hey John - no input from you on this hot-button topic? Or are you working secretly in the background with your GM buddies to sort a proper fix? 😁
        I don't think I'm over-exaggerating when I say that reputational damage from "small" things like this will far-outweigh any cost savings that might be had.
        Dumb move by GM's bean-counters.

Comment

Yes. Amazing I know, but I'm reconsidering based on this "trivial" change.

Comment

While I sure wish this change had not been made, I will not be contacting GM regarding.

GOOD LUCK to you all whatever you individually pursue.
            Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It seems rather foolish but it certainly isn’t keeping me from ordering. Next in line at my dealer and can hardly wait. Come on allocation!!!
              There is a madness to my method!
              C8 on order Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
              2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

The only reason I am worried about this is because I hope to keep my C8 far beyond when the warranty expires.

Comment

Originally posted by diecast2 View Post
                  The only reason I am worried about this is because I hope to keep my C8 far beyond when the warranty expires.
                  We plan to keep ours too but I’m not going to worry too much about it.
                  There is a madness to my method!
                  C8 on order Torch/Adrenaline Z51, MSRC, front lift
                  2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                  2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                  79 coupe Silver/oyster
                  All one owner
                  Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Warp Ten View Post
                    Hey John--
                    You have pretty good sources in the Corvette world--Any chance you could find out an answer as to why this was done? And do you know if it has come up on the "Ask Tadge" commentary? --Bob

From John
                    Today, 08:17 PM
                    While I sure wish this change had not been made, I will not be contacting GM regarding.

GOOD LUCK to you all whatever you individually pursue.

While I am curious why GM would do this, what I am REALLY curious about is why John is silent on the issue.
                    1974 Fiat X1/9, 1986 & 2000 Toyota MR2, 2005 Lotus Elise, all mid-engine. 1993 Corvette convertible. Time to merge mid-engine/Vette!
                    2020 C8 Ceramic Matrix Gray, Black interior with red stitch, red seat belts, 3LT, E60 lift, ZZ3, red calipers, Spectra Gray Trident Spoke Wheels, Z51, Magnetic Select Ride Control, SC7.
                    Born 2/17/2020. Got the garage ready with an epoxy floor. Two coats of epoxy, one layer of colored chips, and a coat of clear.
                    My garage is my new favorite room at my house!

Comment

This post is for anyone from GM who happens to be following. I've summarized all the inputs to this post below. Data is everything. Do with this "free customer survey data" as you wish.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	MECF hatch lock survey.png
Views:	133
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	387059

Comment

Someone from GM needs to respond. We all spent a lot of hard earned money for our cars.

Comment

How would every one of us feel if our pearl white 70th anniversary Z06 had to have a hole saw taken to the rear hatch? "Oh yeah, sorry, we never can seem to get that pearl white to match right on a repair." Just think about if you had one of those cars and THAT'S what had to be done for the repair! Destroy the car because the General leaves out a $2 cable???? There is a cable for the frunk, key cylinder for the door, and NO WAY IN FOR THE HATCH WITHOUT DESTROYING IT? Can someone at GM just please think about the 100% lack of logic on this, PLEASE?

Comment

I wonder if there would be an option for the DIYers out there to obtain a lock cylinder and install it ourselves? Perhaps it's too involved?

Comment

Originally posted by C8Zeb06 View Post
                              I wonder if there would be an option for the DIYers out there to obtain a lock cylinder and install it ourselves? Perhaps it's too involved?
                              I'm not sure, but pretty confident it will require removing the rear bumper cover for fitment. Not a huge deal, but for some it is. The lock is shown on GM parts direct for $126 and it comes with the connecting cable.

Comment

Originally posted by diecast2 View Post
                                I would not let this keep me from ordering a C8.

Having been one of the more vocal critics on this matter, both here and elsewhere, I am appalled by the process that allowed GM to make such a poor decision because of what it represents. HOWEVER, the "fix" in this case is relatively inexpensive and simple.

It wouldn't surprise me if GM reverses course in this case, and provides a retrofit solution to owners who request it, but even if they don't, proactive owners can avoid paying for a very expensive repair by having a cable release solution accomplished by the end of the warranty.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X